Gaming Top 10 Best Graphics on a Nintendo DS game

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good video, but I feel you left out some important entries in the form of Moon, Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Hoops 3 on 3.

Beats

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
If homebrew counts, you should look into a game called "Sonic" (no not Sega's Sonic).
Its graphics are ridiculously good.
I wonder why game devs don't use engines like this. This is the best homebrew graphics engine I've seen so far!

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think everything has to do with the power of the ds

Example:
Good Graphics>Short game
Long Game> Bad Graphics

So i can think about more but the devs need to find the perfect balance.
And sonic is incredible nice but it isnt a game.

jooozek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
No Final Fantasy Gaiden love?
frown.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I have to disagree somewhat.

Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road - Before I saw DQMJ, I thought this game had the best graphics on the DS. It has beautiful visuals, and the animation is well-made.
The World Ends With You - This game has great 2D visuals that add to the gameplay and the story. Everything's so colorful and unique! The animation is top-notch as well.
Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol - The graphics are well-made, and make for a more fun experience.
Okaeri! Chibi-Robo: Happy Rich Osouji - This game has better graphics than Park Patrol! Chibi-Robo looks naturally shiny instead of that forced shine look he had in Park Patrol, and everything seems like the original Chibi-Robo game for the Gamecube, except with the graphics toned down just enough to work on the DS! (This won't count until it gets its US release, though, according to you)
Tales of Dagur - This homebrew game has awesome 2D graphics, even if they ARE in the default set for that Japanese game maker that was ported to the DS not too long ago.
Final Fantasy Gaiden: Four Warriors of Light - This game has the best Cel-shaded graphics on the DS! It doesn't have those awkward outlines most cell shaded games have, which gives it a unique look. The menu graphics are just as beautiful! (This won't count until it gets its US release, though, according to you)

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
If homebrew counts, you should look into a game called "Sonic" (no not Sega's Sonic).
Its graphics are ridiculously good.

Omfg that looks beyond amazing.

But to be fair, he was just including proper commercial games.

I think the list was okay, but Metroid Prime Hunters definitely should've made it.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
I actually agree with your number 1, and I think Nintendo could learn a lot from the game when it comes to animating Pokemon battles on DS.

But where the f*** is Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword?! Are you shittin' me?
hate2.gif
I was thinking the same thing.

In a future review of best graphics, I think Okami will be a good contender.

Demonofbirth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I'm not flaming, I actually liked your list and it got me to get the dragonquest game you mentioned. But have you ever seen metroid prime hunters? That really should have been in there, I really cannot think of a game with better graphics than it yet this game gets overlooked SOO much

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I agree with some of these games though you missed the over all point of what your review was about, "Graphics". Before any one starts bashing me and what not, hear me out, I understand that this is his opinion. However there are games on the DS/DSi that are some of the systems best graphically, like Final Fantsy 4 and 3 to name just a few. I liked this review and I feel you did a great job explaining the games, but like you I to am titled to my opinions.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very interesting, I don't remember being shocked by Joker or anything, but I guess it was pretty amazing in retrospect.

My friend was blown away by The World Ends With You. I don't share his opinion, but he said the way they had all those people walking around on the streets was really impressive. I just thought I'd mention that because he's a PC-gamer graphics whore, and that's the only DS game he really commented on.

edit- personally I can't stand most attempts at 3D on the DS, but I like SaGa II a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol