Gaming Top 10 Best Graphics on a Nintendo DS game

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hunters doesn't have slowdown of any sort and it definitely has better graphics than moon. Dementium also by renegade kid had better graphics than moon too.

Patchouli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkFocus said:
Hunters doesn't have slowdown of any sort and it definitely has better graphics than moon. Dementium also by renegade kid had better graphics than moon too.

Take a closer look.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
new update..
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2
tongue.gif

whooping 3D graphics on a DS !

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
DeMoN said:
If homebrew counts, you should look into a game called "Sonic" (no not Sega's Sonic).
Its graphics are ridiculously good.

Yes, i agree this looks great, but IIRC, it uses Neverwinter Nights' textures and 3D models, but the porting was done very well though, as it looks really good. a bit small on the draw distance, but assuming you don't make huge expanses of nothing, it could very well be workable. oh yeah, the version i have of this is when it was called Fandian.

It's Fandian now. It was called Sonic.

http://www.daftcode.net/

westarrr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think zelda spirit tracks and zelda phantom hourglass got really good graphics too!
though mario kart and mario party got some of the best(in my opinion)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice vid, but it's disappointing that you forgot some of the earlier titles like Metroid Prime Hunters, New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Basketball 3 on 3.

Still, it's your opinion. And maybe you just didn't play these games?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patchouli said:
DarkFocus said:

Take a closer look.
I'd be able to notice of all people, i can notice slowdown in the slightest degree. Hunters never slows down no matter what the situation. It runs at a lower framerate overall than Dementium or Moon, being at 30FPS instead of 60, but from its constant speed, there is never any hint of lag or whatever slowdown you can imagine. It's rock solid.

Dementium and Moon have a smoother framerate and better lighting effects, but Metroid Prime Hunters has far more dynamic gameplay, detailed environments, and just generally better design overall. I find it less grainy too, less pixellated i guess you could say.

And Assassins Creed 1 looks terrible. It suffers from the usual bad job Ubisoft tends to give its DS 3D games. It has a horrible framerate with constant drops when there are more than 1 or 2 characters onscreen, the textures are muddy and blocky, and the character models look horrible as well.

Patchouli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah. So that's it. It's like 60 FPS on frameskip. That's what I was noticing. To each's oen though I suppose. I played them both and still say Moon was nicer. I didn't like Dementium.

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I need an info.
What's was the title of that 2010 game (late 2009) with great graphics and Wi-fi spots searching?
I totally forgot the title. Some people here said it was one of the best graphics here.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gagarin said:
Guys, I need an info.
What's was the title of that 2010 game (late 2009) with great graphics and Wi-fi spots searching?
I totally forgot the title. Some people here said it was one of the best graphics here.
PS0?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
westarrr said:
10 and 9 dont belong here...
Castlevania has one of the worst graphix i think...
That cop game too... Looks like MW2, which is crap too

Castlevania has great sprite work. People automatically assume that a game nowadays is shitty because it's all 2-D or all 2-D sprites. Fact is most 2-D games look better than 3D ones on the DS.

And saying "That cop game" is bad because it looks like MW2, which you apparently don't like, is a stupid reason. Assuming you're referring to COP: The Recruit, it was a shitty game but graphically it was great. Big, open 3D world with no slowdowns and even some cars and people walking around. It's by far one of the best looking DS games.

And since when did COP look like MW2? They're nothing alike. Different games in every respect.

Sheesh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse