Too Many Tweaks?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Jamstruth, Nov 5, 2010.

Nov 5, 2010

Too Many Tweaks? by Jamstruth at 8:38 AM (914 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    My 3rd Gen iPod Touch is refusing to boot this morning... It sticks on the Apple logo for about 5-10 minutes before loading the springboard and freezing on the lockscreen and rebooting (eventually). Sometimes it doesn't even get there, it freezes on the Apple Logo.
    I'm wondering if this is a sign that A)I have too many tweaks B)One of the 3 tweaks I installed yesterday is a bust.

On my iPod I have these SB addons...
    LSRotator (Most likely to be causing the problem imo)
    SBRotator
    Gridlock
    (All 3 of these were installed yesterday and were working fine)
    Winterboard (Folder Theme applied)
    SwitcherMod
    SwitcherRotator
    SBSettings

And that's all I can think of just now. Is there much I can do outside of restoring? I kinda need to do that anyway (some corrupted Yourtube file gets backed up so Yourtube is borked) but don't relish in the idea of having to redownload all my Jailbreak apps/tweaks.

2. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    I know gridlock is works for 4.1 but SBrotator might interfere. If you can load Cydia I recommend uninstalling SBrotator and LSrotator (The freezing on the lockscreen is probably caused by this tweak)

3. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I had to restore my iPod to get anywhere near anything. It just kept freezing. I'll leave SBRotator and LSRotator out of the equation since they were the most likely to cause problems.
    Now re-syncing my iPod not from a backup to see if that'll fix my Yourtube problem as well.

4. xakota

Member xakota GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have SBRotator on my iPhone 3GS 4.1 and it hasn't had any negative effects. Never used LSRotator.