Hardware Vita Slowdown Issues

CakeBuffet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. Recently, my Vita has seen significant slowdown and I wanted to ask about any possible causes and solutions. If this helps at all, I noticed this slowdown happening when I transferred some old files I had backed up on my SD Card that I use for my Vita onto my PC around 3 or so days ago. There weren't any necessary system files or anything of the sort in these backup files, as these were merely pictures, music, and videos that I had transferred from an old phone onto the SD Card. Though I had exported some of the music and videos as media onto the Vita so I would be able to view them, I'm not 100% sure as to whether the transferring of these files onto my PC would affect the Vita in any way.

To clarify what I mean by slowdown, I mean that apps like VitaShell and AutoPlugin take significantly longer to boot up than before. When navigating through VitaShell, changing directories results in a 1 second delay before the selected directory is opened. I tested the Photos app just now, and the gallery took around 5 minutes to load all the images. I tested it out on a few games, and 1-2 of them take a slightly longer time to load than usual. I've gotten rid of any possible plugins that could be affecting this, such as Lolicon, but it does not seem to have had any effect.

Another thing that I feel may be useful is that I've had issues with my lockscreen after putting it into sleep mode and then turning it on again after a little while. While the screen would turn on and show me the time and the screen where you're prompted to swipe the page down to access the PIN Input, it is frozen for me and I'm unable to swipe the page down. Putting it back to sleep mode and then turning it back on does nothing, as it just remains frozen on a black screen.

Specifications:
- Vita 2000 with Enso 3.73 Version Spoofing
- 256 GB SanDisk Micro SD Card with SD2Vita; both the adapter and SD Card are around a year old (purchased around January 2020)

Final note that may be useful: Occasionally, before the transferring of the files ~3 days ago, powering off the system and taking out the adapter and the SD Card and then plugging it back in would seemingly fix the issue. It seems that taking out the adapter or the SD Card may be the cause of the issue, though I am not entirely sure whether its one of them or both that could be causing these issues. After the file transfers however, it seems that no matter how many times I take out the adapter and SD Card, the issue still prevails.

The slowdown and freezing is just a minor annoyance and hasn't significantly affected the Vita itself as everything seems to be working perfectly fine.

Excuse the long post, but thanks in advance.

Last edited by CakeBuffet,

AbT19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would be curious to see if you get the same results with a different sd card or adapter. I have a feeling one of them is about to crap out.

CakeBuffet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be curious to see if you get the same results with a different sd card or adapter. I have a feeling one of them is about to crap out.
Late response here, but the SD Card appeared to be the issue. Seems that the transferring of files really kicked the corruption into high gear. I ended up getting a new SD Card and that seemed to fix it. Only issues I have now are some game files that were likely corrupted as a result of the card, so I'm still working on fixing those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo