Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for your reply. I'll definitely give that a shot. You're talking about doing that with ddd? And where do I put the option of using /vol/aoc?

When running ddd you give it these options
titledumper.exe <dump_path_on_wiiu> <output_path_on_pc>

The dump path on Wii U will be /vol/aoc

Garrettin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to do that now but when I attempt to launch it in the command prompt with that info it doesn't do anything. I must be doing something wrong. Do you start the command line and then put in what you posted? That's what I tried but no luck.

Garrettin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When running ddd you give it these options
titledumper.exe <dump_path_on_wiiu> <output_path_on_pc>

The dump path on Wii U will be /vol/aoc

Ok please ignore my last post. I got it working! What I was doing wrong was not putting a shortcut to the command line and launching from the same folder as titledumper. I want to say thanks so much Sn0wCrack for the help and Sakitoshi and everyone who worked on or helped in any way with this project. I love to see cool positive stuff like that.

Last edited by Garrettin,

Safo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just dumped my own NA disc version of the game to a .wud format. How can I proceed to patch it, pack it, and install it with wupinstaller? I have CBHC installed so sig patches aren't a problem

wowwow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just dumped my own NA disc version of the game to a .wud format. How can I proceed to patch it, pack it, and install it with wupinstaller? I have CBHC installed so sig patches aren't a problem
from a wud file, (you can use Uwizard)
change it to a loadiine format, (use the official patcher)
patch it and then change it to a usb installable format (use nuspacker, there is a tutorial you can use, since there is no GUI)

already tried and it works,

the other way is to install the normal version and change the files with ftpiiu_everywhere

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the ftpiiu variant takes many hours it is highly recommended to use NUSPacker, nothing is faster than wupinstaller for now.
If you don't want to use sigpatching everytime you want to play it, you can also replace the fake ticket from NUSPacker again with the ticket from your disc and correct TMD, like I described here.

If you have problems installing it with wupinstaller check if it is patched correctly and your sd card isn't damaged.

Safo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
or download it from that iso site, there is already a patched version to install

can't download 20 gigs with Mega anyway, really prefer to minimize downloading shit.

Uwizard hangs each time I attempt to extract the game. Any other programs I can use to extract Wuds?

Last edited by Safo,

Safo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got it working 100%, thank you! feels good playing the game the way devs made it.

Also, any one here have experience with #FEGecko on the patched version? can't find a workable offset. Already posted on the thread there but I think its pretty much dead.

Reactions: seviciaj

seviciaj

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello,
I just dumped my game using ddd.
Apply patch with xdelta3 from page 1. Everything going smoothly. Already checked using tms_patcher, all my files already patched + no error.
I want to install with wupinstaller, so i packed patched files use nuspacker, i got 29 files. Installed with wupinstaller, no problem.
When i try to run game, my game always stuck at title screen.
I'm using CBHC.

Can you help me ?
Sorry for my bad english

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I just want this game patched on USB and launch it from the system menu... I have it on loadiine.

Can I download it patched from that ISO site and install it to USB with the usual method or I still need rednand or sysnand?

Also another problem is that on that site I only found the USA version and my console is PAL.

Last edited by marchrius,

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just want this game patched on USB and launch it from the system menu... I have it on loadiine.

Can I download it patched from that ISO site and install it to USB with the usual method or I still need rednand or sysnand?

Also another problem is that on that site I only found the USA version and my console is PAL.
Yea you can get it from there and you do need a patched sysnand (cbch or mocha cfw)
Or a red nand

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yea you can get it from there and you do need a patched sysnand (cbch or mocha cfw)
Or a red nand
Ok man. i did that and installed it and everything works great. but for the life of me I have no idea now how to inject my old loadiine save to use it with this USB version. Saviine just fails at injecting it despite doing everything right. I think the save is region locked sadly (the save is european, I don't know how to convert it to USA or how to make this american TMSFE accept an EUR save). This is infuriating since the two versions are identical. I don't want to start over...

mkohanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did it today only with a different set of instructions...watch out though the upload took me upwards of 5 hours. Theres a more in depth guide on "that iso site" but since I can't directly link it i'll copy it here. Just to be clear though I didn't write it I only followed it. The one who posted it there is a guy called Omnifarius

What you need
  • The game installed on your console either legitimately or with wupinstallermod
  • a patched loadiine version of the game
  • At least 4 gb of space on the drive that the game is installed on (usb or console) ( although you will be overwriting the old files you need space to hold the data temporarily )
  • python 2.7 installed (3.5 wont work with this)
  • wupclientmod by Kasai07
  • CFW Booter and homebrew launcher
  • SD Card to put the modded files on (At least a 4gb card 16gb recommended)

Instructions:
  1. Extract the wupclientmod files to the location that python 2.7 is located ( C:\Python27 is the default location )
  2. extract the files gained from the cfw booter link directly to the root of your sd card (no need to overwrite files if you already have them )
  3. Make a new folder on the root of your sd card call it whatever you like. drag these files from the content/pack folder of your patched loadiine version of the game to that folder ( if you have at least a 16gb card then you can drag all of them at the same time otherwise just drag what can fit and after you've copied those file/s replace them with the rest.

• pack_000_map.cpk
  • pack_010_character.cpk
  • pack_030_etc.cpk
  • pack_031_message.cpk
  • pack_050_movie.cpk
  • pack_999_etc_om.cpk
  • pack_999_lua.cpk

4. insert sd card into console
5. turn on the wii u and go on the internet browser. go to loadiine.ovh/index.php?l=551 in the dropdown menu click on homebrew launcher and press submit (this should already be selected so just click submit). once the homebrew launcher loads click on CFW booter and load it ( this should bring you back to your WiiU home menu when done).
6. open up internet browser again click on settings scroll down and click on "Enable Developer Tools" then ok and enable. you will then get a link with the ip adress of your console (the ip address is the first four numbers not the numbers after the colon). make sure you write down or memorize the ip address.
7.on your pc go to your python27 folder and click on wupclientMod.py. once wupclientmod launches replace the default ip with the one you got in the previous step and click "ENTER IP WIIU CONNECT".
8.Doubleclick on storage_sdcard and navigate to where you put the patched files on the sd card ( the folder you made on step 3 ). right click on one of the files and copy ( you have to do one at a time )
9. Click the ".." at the top until you reach back to the first page. Navigate to /vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/101ed800/content/pack if your game is installed on the wii u hardrive or /vol/storage_usb01/usr/title/00050000/101ed800/content/pack if your game is installed on a usb ( if you cant find 101ed800 just single click on any folder inside 00050000 and use the arrow keys to scroll down and for those with the pal version its 101ed700). right click on an empty space and click paste. while copying the files the wup client mod will be unresponsive so dont mess with it ( you can however scroll the cmd ).
10. repeat steps 8 - 9 untill all files are copied ( This whole process will take a little over 4 hours to complete ).
11. Enjoy your patched game

Note: if you want to check the progress of the file you are currently copying on the cmd you will see a hex number constantly going up. that is the amount of bits transferd in hex format. open up your windows calculator in the settings click programmer click on HEX and input the numbers you see on screen after 0x ( since its the size in bytes the numbers are moving really fast so just use whatever number you see first). then look at DEC and that is how many bytes are currently transferred. if you still have the patched files on your computer rightclick on whatever file you're moving and click properties, look at the size in bytes and you can compare how much data has been moved, and get a grasp on how much longer that particular file will take.

Hey all, I have read through all the instructions and watched the videos. I want to make sure I am going to do this right before starting, since i have not dealt with patching or homebrew on my wiiU yet.

I am thinking I would like to follow the instructions from the post I quoted. So just to be sure I understand, here is what I think I need to do:

-install the basic non-modded game on my wiiU.
-follow the instructions on page one of this thread to dump the game to my pc and patch it with this mod
-follow the instructions from the quoted post

I have some questions about those instructions too:

1 - Question about the 1st two steps from the quoted post:
  1. Extract the wupclientmod files to the location that python 2.7 is located ( C:\Python27 is the default location )
  2. extract the files gained from the cfw booter link directly to the root of your sd card (no need to overwrite files if you already have them )
Those steps reference "wupclientmod files" and "files gained from the cfw booter link". I am assuming that just means the files associated with those particular utilities? This is not referencing any sort of files related to the game itself, this is just telling me where to put the files for each of those utilities, correct?

2 - Which version of the instructions is the most future proof, the ones on page one of the thread, or the method from the quoted post? Which one will make it easier to update if needed in the future? Do any version of the instructions have more of a chance to stop working later on down the line, years later even?

3 - If I use the quoted instructions, can I still get the DLC and get the benfit of the patch? Will I need to do anything more to get the mod working with the DLC if I use these instructions? Will it be easier if I get the DLC and install it first before doing any patching? I am just trying to understand if there are additional steps I will need to take to get the DLC working. The instructions on the 1st page mention using the Smash method with loadiine, but the quoted instructions above do not say anything about it, so I want to know if DLC will work, or if there additional steps to take using this method? My current expectation is that I should install my game, add the DLC, and then do the patching process. It is my hope that after I install the DLC, and then dump the files to my PC, that those files will include the DLC, which will also get the benefit of the patch. I could be way off, so I am just hoping to get some clarification on this.

4 - Is there any version of these instructions that lets me mod the files directly on the external hard drive I usually have plugged into my wii U? For example, can I replace the SD card in all these instructions with this external hard drive? It seems like the answer is no, but I want to see if I missed anything

Last edited by mkohanek,

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've copied the patched files via wupclient to a regular usb installation but I can't tell if it's working or not. The game boots and plays just fine, but I don't see the "Restoration ver 1.2" on the title screen, which according to the opening post here I should be able to see.

What's the earliest occurrence of censorship in the game?

EDIT:

Success! Read below.

Last edited by Stellar,

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think after hours/days wasted because of a slightly damaged sd card that led to wupinstaller refusing to install unsigned content from NUSPacker I found something interesting.
As there was no approach to boot this patched game after installing it to usb without sigpatching and it therefore wasn't as Brazilian as I liked I decided to get it working again.

After you verfied that your game is correctly patched pack it with NUSPacker and install it with wupinstaller after starting a CFW.
If you dump your console tickets with tik2sd the keys.txt says were the file (later called y.tik) for the titleid of the game (in my case TMS) is stored.
Then you start the encrypted download for this game with JNUSTool and cancel it right after it started to just get the .tmd file, you can also just download the tmd from ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download/[titleid]/tmd directly.

Then replace some files via wupclient, but you can also use ftpiiu, just be sure you have run a cfw prior to this, or you won't be able to access these directories.
Replace the /vol/system_slc/rights/ticket/apps/[idx]/y.tik file with the one from the disc ticket also obtained via tik2sd and rename it to the exact same name as y.tik of couse.
Then replace the title.tmd file stored under /vol/storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/[titleid]/code/title.tmd with the downloaded one and that was it.

No need for any sigpatching and you can still boot your game via brazilian method (as long as only the content folder was changed which is the case here).
And the most important thing: No slow uploads of large files via wupclient(~500KB/s with sd->usb)/ftpiiu(~140KB/s), just two small files.
There is currently no faster way than from sd to usb and this only via wupinstaller, so please don't waste ~20 hours with ftpiiu or ~8 hours with wupclient (with wiiu_sd ->wiiu_usb).

Maybe one can also replace the files directly in the install directory but the differing encryption key could be a problem, didn't try it though.

First of all, thank you. You're a god damn legend.

This post should absolutely be added to the OP. After trying several other different routes, I can tell you that this is without a doubt the fastest, cleanest method of doing things and it provides the best possible end result: an uncensored copy of the game without a need for sig patches.

Massive kudos to you and I'll be sure to try your method on other games (Project Zero) and see if it works!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work OP. I love seeing restoration patches pop up to void any sort of "censorship" here in the states.

I thought I would throw in my two cents here. I have played a fair amount of this game and i think my biggest issue with it is that there is no J-pop soundtrack. I know, what a strange thing to be worried about, but think about it. Persona 3, 4, TWEWY, and many other rpgs who have had much less to work with all had full jpop soundtracks, and this game is literally about jpop singers... and they have a generic midi tracklist. Kinda sad.

Anyways, I don't have a hacked Wii U, and dont really plan on hacking mine too much, but again. Fantastic work. I know there are lots who appreciate this.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here, preferably PRO at blender or other 3D tools, up for one extra patch for all the perverts out there?

There are enough tools to unpack the textures, and some rigged model out there which are enough to help editing them. I did this in a few minutes after hours of reading and hunting programs.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory