ROM Hack Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Season Translation

hakusa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hope everything goes well for you and Inorin, P. >_< I wish you all the very best!
After this, we're going to force you to sleep one whooooole day. >:3 And no, I don't worry too much. Nope.

Akiharu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Yeah, that's normal. The patch before only worked on emus.
I won't know for sure if I've fixed the issue until I hear back from jewel, but when I compressed the arm9 and tried the rom on my Acekard, it worked.
After I re-insert these CG, Mizushima and Yuu files, hear from jewel and make sure the game actually works on my acekard with everything inserted, I'll re-make the patch.

Ahh okay then
I though I was the only one with the problem since it's been two days since I was online xDDD
then I'll wait

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
For everyone helping with the inserting of the scripts, make sure you use the program V.3 to insert.
Other version will cause errors at some points.
(Yep, another cause of error is by using older program. Anything older than V.3 won't do the job.)

I'll check arm9 file later today and will let you know.

Thank you, jewel.
I hope I did it correctly, this time, it worked when I tried it.

I gave them v3 to use for inserting, but I'm going to try re-inserting the problem files.

QUOTE(hakusa @ Nov 10 2010, 08:35 AM) Hope everything goes well for you and Inorin, P. >_< I wish you all the very best!
After this, we're going to force you to sleep one whooooole day. >:3 And no, I don't worry too much. Nope.

yes you do worry too much >_<
Nooo, Inori did that to me today!
ohnoes.png

nivodeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
...hi there...thanks a lot for all the good work that the team put on translating GS2...

all the best there and good luck...

i rly wish i could do something to help though...
laugh.gif

again...nice work...

im not sure if the team that release TMGS1 translation is the same team as this one...
if it really was the same team...then four thumbs up for u guys...
cool.gif

hakusa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
phoenixgoddess27 said:
yes you do worry too much >_<
Nooo, Inori did that to me today!
ohnoes.png
My worries are well-placed. >.<
Lol! It doesn't hurt for you to get another day, yes? >:D

QUOTE(Inori @ Nov 11 2010, 08:32 AM) You still didn`t listen to me!!

You were "relaxing" with translating.

Anyway, I`m re-inserting the problem files as we speak. Hopefully it will work.
She gives me that excuse too. >:| But I thought if she enjoys it then it's okay... But yeah, what she needs is sleep and not relaxation. >_< P, you watch out!
tongue.gif

Ganba, Inorin~ :3

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Okay, so according to jewel, I've fixed the arm9, but now I have to figure out why the game froze on an R4 with wood v_v

What program did you use to repack the rom?

For GS1, I used CT2 to compress Arm9. After that, I will have to use CT2 to export it (without extracting, just use file system in CT2 and right click on Arm9 then export to somewhere.) Then move that exported file to DSLazy's unpacked folder and use DSLazy to repack it. (Somehow CT2 will change some data on Rom-size or something that will make the rom not working on Wood. It worked on regular R4 without Wood though.) I believe it should be the same case for GS2.

(I can look into the problem more in details maybe this weekend. If you got anything updated about this issue, just PM me.)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
What program did you use to repack the rom?

For GS1, I used CT2 to compress Arm9. After that, I will have to use CT2 to export it (without extracting, just use file system in CT2 and right click on Arm9 then export to somewhere.) Then move that exported file to DSLazy's unpacked folder and use DSLazy to repack it. (Somehow CT2 will change some data on Rom-size or something that will make the rom not working on Wood. It worked on regular R4 without Wood though.) I believe it should be the same case for GS2.

(I can look into the problem more in details maybe this weekend. If you got anything updated about this issue, just PM me.)

DSLazy. I went through the same steps you mentioned above the other day and the arm9 worked, but the input.dat was causing the game to freeze when you input a day, so that's the current issue for flashcarts :/

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necessary double post:

Beta testing starts again!

The game worked on my acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.8.1.
I've fixed the issues with the input.dat and fixed most of the issues Hakusa mentioned, however, Saeki's CG with him being surrounded by girls and one of Onoda's CGs will not be translated in this patch. (Possibly. I've inserted them anyway, just in case)

I'll put up the beta patch when I get back online later, just so beta testers have notice ahead of time rather than, "Okay, it's up, get started now!"
I hope you all enjoy testing now that it works on flashcarts! (Or at least my acekard)

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job.
biggrin.gif
Now a bit more about graphics hacking. (I just found out this. Now I know what you mentioned about the missing palettes in save.dat file.
happy.gif
)

In some cases when the graphics are in 4bpp, you can click different rows of the palette to change graphic colors. Try comparing the color shades with the graphics in the game. (See pic below. It will be easier if you save screen shots of the game from emulator and compare them.)

(Big pic below in spoiler tag.)
(Save.dat file in CT2 program. You can use the latest CT2's Tile Composition Tool to export/import the pic then.)
gs2palette.png

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
Good job.
biggrin.gif
Now a bit more about graphics hacking. (I just found out this. Now I know what you mentioned about the missing palettes in save.dat file.
happy.gif
)

In some cases when the graphics are in 4bpp, you can click different rows of the palette to change graphic colors. Try comparing the color shades with the graphics in the game. (See pic below. It will be easier if you save screen shots of the game from emulator and compare them.)

(Big pic below in spoiler tag.)
(Save.dat file in CT2 program. You can use the latest CT2's Tile Composition Tool to export/import the pic then.)
gs2palette.png

O_O
This is a big help, thank you!!
Yeah, I knew eventually I'd need to use the Tile Composition Tool if I wanted to finish the save.dat and other graphics going into the 2nd patch, but I'm ready for it
smile.gif

Besides, I'll do whatever helps me become a better for future projects.

For the guys in this thread, if it helps, we do plan on doing Kimi no Yusha, I believe last I checked no one was working on it
smile.gif

The beta patch has been tested on two Acekards with AKAIO 1.8.1, so I hope it works on other flashcarts for testing. Please don't report any errors here, report them on your guy's beta testing page of the project blog.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1