ROM Hack Time To Give Up on Translations?

whatup777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know the Translations are useful but without the storyline WTH is the point of playing? You cant tell what people say to find out interesting things? So In my opinion unless they make a translation patch its pointless. And people that can only read English will have to wait till 2010? I thought the point of translation was so that we wouldn't have to w8? Now I have to wait till 2010. Spring......... Its September 14. so... October November December January February March. 6-7 months.Go Translations...... -.-

Primenay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree no translation should be made without the story translated. However most people are too lazy we will just have to wait untill 2010

Green0scar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Primenay13 said:
I agree no translation should be made without the story translated. However most people are too lazy we will just have to wait untill 2010
Then why don't you Translate it?..... Seriously it was only made to help you get through it easier.

Liger_Gundam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Translations are made for basic menu translations, not full script translations.

Plus who hasn't played Gold and Silver.
biggrin.gif

I know the game like the back of my hand.

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At least you get to play the damn game with the basics translated, so you know what you're doing. If they didnt do partial translations, you couldnt even do simple things, like pick attacks, since you wouldnt know what they do. Youre being really ungrateful for something that someone does for free, and in their personal time

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Noitora said:
Damn pokemon, stop creating topics about it.

wow, i thought noitora was clicking till i clicked on the forum and the 1st page was mostly about pokemon, holy crap, cant these people search instead of just making useless topics? (granted, i didn't read them, but then again, i am just gona wait till the us version is out.)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fan translations are NOT pointless. Look at Mother 3, for example. One of the most essential GBA translations (awesome game, good story, released only in japan).

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
released only in japan).

And yet the Pokemon games are coming out in the US in due time. As with all games that come out we just have to wait. Its not like whoever makes the pile of shit is going to go bankrupt and just cancel their plans. They want money and they know that people will buy it in the US.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Of course Mother 3 translation is not pointless, it is 100%. The TC is saying that partial translations, particularly ones with 0% of the story translated are pointless. Depends on what kind of gamer you are I guess. Some of us need the story or we won't play the game.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Of course Mother 3 translation is not pointless, it is 100%. The TC is saying that partial translations, particularly ones with 0% of the story translated are pointless. Depends on what kind of gamer you are I guess. Some of us need the story or we won't play the game.

I agree it does depend on the kind of gamer you are, actually thats a large part of it. Depends on if you like games story or not. Also those of you only posting about pokemon quit whining, boo hoo someone else is using their time to do something for the good of others for once.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
u guys are soo selffish, u dont know how hard it is to actually be the person making the fricken translation..
wait until 2010 spring if u want but i think the translations make the game much better even tho they arent based on the story line...

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The point of translation patches is generally because the creator of the patch feels like it (and maybe because they want some kind of recognition). Considering it's free, and the game you're talking about (which isn't obvious unless you know that Pokemon G/S recently came out in Japan) will be hitting the U.S. and Europe eventually, I have to ask you - What's the point of complaining about translation patches?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, since Pokémon games are so popular, people grow impatient, and ask for translations as soon as the JAP version is released.
And WTF, 7 months for a translation? What game other than Pokémon gets an English release that long after the Japanese release?

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is in a loooong line of HG/SS topics. If don't like translations the way they are then translate the games yourself! There's no reason to make a thread like this unless you want attention. Just forget about it...

midniteoctopus

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is someone doing a full translation for the HG/SS games, dialog and all. If you guys be patient and wait, you'll get a nice English ROM a couple months before the US release.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade