Time To Give Up on Translations?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by whatup777, Sep 15, 2009.

Sep 15, 2009
  1. whatup777
    OP

Member whatup777 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes I know the Translations are useful but without the storyline WTH is the point of playing? You cant tell what people say to find out interesting things? So In my opinion unless they make a translation patch its pointless. And people that can only read English will have to wait till 2010? I thought the point of translation was so that we wouldn't have to w8? Now I have to wait till 2010. Spring......... Its September 14. so... October November December January February March. 6-7 months.Go Translations...... -.-

2. Primenay13

Member Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agree no translation should be made without the story translated. However most people are too lazy we will just have to wait untill 2010

3. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Translations are made for basic menu translations, not full script translations.

4. Green0scar

Member Green0scar GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Then why don't you Translate it?..... Seriously it was only made to help you get through it easier.

5. Primenay13

Member Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah sure, I don't want a half japanese game and half enlgish, I want the full english game. I will just wait.

6. Liger_Gundam

Newcomer Liger_Gundam Member

United States
    Plus who hasn't played Gold and Silver. [​IMG]
    I know the game like the back of my hand.

7. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    Damn pokemon, stop creating topics about it.

8. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Exactly.

9. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Why do you guys make topics about people using there own time to do something? Are they wasting your time?

10. Zarkz

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    At least you get to play the damn game with the basics translated, so you know what you're doing. If they didnt do partial translations, you couldnt even do simple things, like pick attacks, since you wouldnt know what they do. Youre being really ungrateful for something that someone does for free, and in their personal time

11. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    wow, i thought noitora was clicking till i clicked on the forum and the 1st page was mostly about pokemon, holy crap, cant these people search instead of just making useless topics? (granted, i didn't read them, but then again, i am just gona wait till the us version is out.)

12. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Fan translations are NOT pointless. Look at Mother 3, for example. One of the most essential GBA translations (awesome game, good story, released only in japan).

13. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    And yet the Pokemon games are coming out in the US in due time. As with all games that come out we just have to wait. Its not like whoever makes the pile of shit is going to go bankrupt and just cancel their plans. They want money and they know that people will buy it in the US.

14. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Of course Mother 3 translation is not pointless, it is 100%. The TC is saying that partial translations, particularly ones with 0% of the story translated are pointless. Depends on what kind of gamer you are I guess. Some of us need the story or we won't play the game.

15. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    I agree it does depend on the kind of gamer you are, actually thats a large part of it. Depends on if you like games story or not. Also those of you only posting about pokemon quit whining, boo hoo someone else is using their time to do something for the good of others for once.

16. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    u guys are soo selffish, u dont know how hard it is to actually be the person making the fricken translation..
    wait until 2010 spring if u want but i think the translations make the game much better even tho they arent based on the story line...

17. omatic

Member omatic GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The point of translation patches is generally because the creator of the patch feels like it (and maybe because they want some kind of recognition). Considering it's free, and the game you're talking about (which isn't obvious unless you know that Pokemon G/S recently came out in Japan) will be hitting the U.S. and Europe eventually, I have to ask you - What's the point of complaining about translation patches?

18. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Well, since Pokémon games are so popular, people grow impatient, and ask for translations as soon as the JAP version is released.
    And WTF, 7 months for a translation? What game other than Pokémon gets an English release that long after the Japanese release?

19. Hypershad12

Member Hypershad12 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is in a loooong line of HG/SS topics. If don't like translations the way they are then translate the games yourself! There's no reason to make a thread like this unless you want attention. Just forget about it...

20. midniteoctopus

Banned midniteoctopus Banned

United States
    There is someone doing a full translation for the HG/SS games, dialog and all. If you guys be patient and wait, you'll get a nice English ROM a couple months before the US release. [​IMG]