ROM Hack Time To Give Up on Translations?

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why bother getting upset about a FREE translation that at least makes the game playable, when you can just wait the 6 months for the English version?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
The only reason to translate the story is the few, few differences this has with Gold and Silver, which even then can be resolved by Google and a help thread here.

And the Pokemon story goes like this, always:

- You wake up
- You meet your best friend/rival whose a complete douchebag but for some reason you're his friend
- You get a Pokemon
- You catch some more Pokemon
- You defeat trainers and the occasional big boy trainers
- You catch some uber Pokemon that saves the world
- You defeat your rival for the hundredth time and teach him some corny lesson on love and respect and the downsides of bestiality
- You defeat the Elite Four
- *roll credits*
- You wander aimlessly for the next week, month, or year.

lol i've been making that argument with pokemon fans for a while and they still think its the "Best Game Of All Time"
sleep.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
The only reason to translate the story is the few, few differences this has with Gold and Silver, which even then can be resolved by Google and a help thread here.

- You wake up
- You meet your best friend/rival whose a complete douchebag but for some reason you're his friend
- You get a Pokemon
- You defeat your rival for the hundredth time and teach him some corny lesson on love and respect and the downsides of bestiality
- *roll credits*

lol i've been making that argument with pokemon fans for a while and they still think its the "Best Game Of All Time"
sleep.gif

See my reply post to him. Pokemon's not the best, but it's certainly not the worst. And a lot of popular games have a style that almost all of the games in that series us. Final Fantasy is one of the biggest examples.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
syko5150 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

- You wake up
- You get a Pokemon
- *roll credits*

sleep.gif

See my reply post to him. Pokemon's not the best, but it's certainly not the worst. And a lot of popular games have a style that almost all of the games in that series us. Final Fantasy is one of the biggest examples.
i definitely don't have a problem with anyone liking Pokemon or playing Pokemon the only thing i have a problem with is when they claim that its the best game ever when that's just an opinion not a fact but they keep trying to prove that its fact.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clegion said:
everyone got their own favourite things, shinkukage just happen to be pokemon

anyway the guys who made this thread is retarded

Uh.....................................no.

My favorite game is NOT Pokemon. I'm just saying my point. Dumbass.

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
whatup777 said:
Yes I know the Translations are useful but without the storyline WTH is the point of playing? You cant tell what people say to find out interesting things? So In my opinion unless they make a translation patch its pointless. And people that can only read English will have to wait till 2010? I thought the point of translation was so that we wouldn't have to w8? Now I have to wait till 2010. Spring......... Its September 14. so... October November December January February March. 6-7 months.Go Translations...... -.-
I don't see pokemon mentioned here so why does it need to turn into a pokemon discusion. I believe that games that wont be released to the US (OR EU) should be translated to english (or any other language).
(Sorry for any misspellings cause i am scatter brained ATM)

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
They are doing it out of their free time, I hate people standing in the sidelines and complaining non stop, you think it's easy to translate jap? it's very hard and pokemon got tons of texts.
isn't good for you? ignore the translation and don't download it.

And pokemon basically have the same story since the first. gotta catch 'em all.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CrashmanX said:
Why do you guys make topics about people using there own time to do something? Are they wasting your time?^agreed, either translate it yourself or shut the fuck up. let people do whatever they want, doesn't effect you.
QUOTE(Ice God64 @ Sep 15 2009, 03:05 AM) I play an RPG for story.

Usually Pokemon is an exception. But I care about heart gold since THE STORY IS CLEARLY DIFFERENT. If translators are going to be that lazy, I'm waiting for the US release. Honestly, I don't see how that can be called "Excusable".
i lol'd hard, yes these people who translate this ON THEIR OWN TIME. are lazy, yep yep. grow up.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
YayMii said:
midniteoctopus said:
Question:

If there are already 2 guys working on translations on this forum, how they don't work together?
They're using different methods to translate.

Kazo is copying text from other games currently (and is starting to translate the story himself/looking at the G/S script), while
Raqib12 is translating everything himself (with Rykin doing GFX, but that's unfair, seeing as how Kazo doesn't have a GFX editor) and he's not planning to translate the story.
raqib12 is copying too.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
syko5150 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
blabla

sleep.gif
and how exactly does lack of an epic storyline make a game bad? pokemon is loads of fun. you can do a lot of stuff on it. story really isn't important in pokemon. just look at pokemon colloseum, it had a bigger storyline, was it more fun? nope.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
shinkukage09 said:
syko5150 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
The only reason to

final fantasy isn't really the same in every game......unless you're gonna be like.
*start game*
*level char*
*kill lots of monsters *
*kill boss*
*credits roll*

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Magimog said:
Whats the deal with airline food? I mean, MAN, you could just wait and eat real food when you touch ground. But some people must shove down whatever grovel anyone will serve them on a styrofoam plate! And then BITCH about it!

Just like with these translations, people could wait till the release, but rather they take the Fan Made ones then they bitch like little girls. I'd like to see all the people crying about the story to go out and translate it your self if your that worried over the storyline.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As said translations should me made for games that will never be released in US/EU i don´t understand either why people mainly pick up games that are anyway translated (so much wasted time for a half made translation) i guess for pokemon it´s just that there are already translation tools so it´s pretty easy.

EDIT: Honestly i see now 4 people (i bet there are even more people) translating the same new Pokemon games (that will get a official Translation !!) this is really just stuipid or why are so many people wasting there time with it.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
clegion said:
everyone got their own favourite things, shinkukage just happen to be pokemon

anyway the guys who made this thread is retarded

Uh.....................................no.

My favorite game is NOT Pokemon. I'm just saying my point. Dumbass.
mmmm, apparently you misunderstood me

what i am saying is that you like pokemon and it's story and it's your own opinion, and other person have other opinion too

next time just don't be rude okay

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless the game won't be released outside of it's respected country, translations are meaningless. If you can't figure out how to use Bulbapedia or Serebii to figure out attack names, items, ect then you really need to stop playing Pokemon. Games like SaGa 2 (the remake) will never be released outside of Japan and these games need and deserve translations. Pokemon does not. I mean seriously, if you can't figure out that the green looking potion in your items is an awakening by now then you really aren't a Pokemon fan.

nadoon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
People can translate Roms however they want. They don't affect us in any way. If you want you can download translated versions. But my opinion is to stay without playing until the official comes out
biggrin.gif

HernanZh

Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
In my opinion: incomplete and menu translations are not worth playing. So just do what I do: ignore them.
This especially applies on games that are coming out in English anyway (like pokemon...). I think games are all about the full expierence, being able to understand the game from beginning to end. I can not stand playing games where I have to stop halfway, because the translation is incomplete. So that's why I never download menu translations. If other people like them, well go ahead and play them, it's not my bussiness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU