ph34r.gif

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unz said:
Lucky the dog should be...
...at the intersection, left from the Chronos Cafe on the map.

Hmm.. I replayed the 3rd day several times now, but the dog aint there either.
I'm at a lost..

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renzozuken said:
hmm how about vin's house?

lol nope..

But
after replaying Day 3 10 times, I found this time Socx behind the garbage cans by the dumpster at the school. and it did some flashback.
but nothing changed... still stuck with doggie..

Kerian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AtteJ said:
Kerian said:
Ruri said:
Since at the end his father and mother never get attacked, the sequence of events where they were about to give him the pen never get disrupted -- so after he sends back the Hollow Pen he got from Sox, his father gives him the real Hollow Pen as normal.
I think he caused a loop when he tried to set things right at the end of the game - Koris appearance seems to be indicating that. O_O
It's not Kori. It's Derek's and Kori's daughter. I think he made the timeloop thingie so that there wouldn't be Sox clones all over the place and he sent his second pen that he got from his future-self, to his past-self, who would send it to his past-self and so on.
No, That wasn't Kori and Derek's daughter... She called Ethan by his name. In the Japanese Version she said Good Morning , blabla (I forgot lol), Horo-senpai.

Anyway, from the way thinks looked, she looked, and what she said I say it IS Kori herself! By settings things right he created a loop - remember how the game started, how sox has the pen attached to him, and then remember how Ethan reattached the pen ot the cat. Also remember how he put back the clock on top of the trash. That's exactly how the game started, thus he created a loop, and everything happens again.
Another thing indiciating that this theory is that the savegame you create at the end of the game - by loading it you start the game anew.

(horo is his name in the jp version of the game.)

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found the dog.. he was at school.
kept going back and forth and all the sudden he was there..

game must work on time delays...

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is brilliant, I completed it last night! I actually found it to be not as short as some people said. Would anyone say that there are plot holes in this game? It gets a bit weird at the end and I got confused wondering if some of it would be actually possible based on the games logic.

Like the bit where adult Derek is pulled through the hole to save Kori after she's pushed off the roof. Before he dies and tells his younger self to look after Kori, his younger self is like 'huh, who are you?'. Is this allowed in the games logic? I mean what if the adult Derek hadn't actually died from that fall? So there'd be his adult self and his teenage self living in the same timezone. Doesn't make sense.

EDIT: why the hell are there no spoiler tag buttons along the post options? I didn't know hot to write the tags properly....

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
pka4916 said:
found the dog.. he was at school.
kept going back and forth and all the sudden he was there..

game must work on time delays...

The dog is always in a random place. You just have to keep looking around the different areas.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kerian said:
No, That wasn't Kori and Derek's daughter... She called Ethan by his name. In the Japanese Version she said Good Morning , blabla (I forgot lol), Horo-senpai.

Anyway, from the way thinks looked, she looked, and what she said I say it IS Kori herself! By settings things right he created a loop - remember how the game started, how sox has the pen attached to him, and then remember how Ethan reattached the pen ot the cat. Also remember how he put back the clock on top of the trash. That's exactly how the game started, thus he created a loop, and everything happens again.
Another thing indiciating that this theory is that the savegame you create at the end of the game - by loading it you start the game anew.

(horo is his name in the jp version of the game.)No, she knows his name because she grew up with him in that timeline -- just like everyone else always remembered his parents being dead, she remembers growing up with him.

QUOTE(Ackers @ Oct 10 2008, 02:04 PM) This game is brilliant, I completed it last night! I actually found it to be not as short as some people said. Would anyone say that there are plot holes in this game? It gets a bit weird at the end and I got confused wondering if some of it would be actually possible based on the games logic.

Like the bit where adult Derek is pulled through the hole to save Kori after she's pushed off the roof. Before he dies and tells his younger self to look after Kori, his younger self is like 'huh, who are you?'. Is this allowed in the games logic? I mean what if the adult Derek hadn't actually died from that fall? So there'd be his adult self and his teenage self living in the same timezone. Doesn't make sense.

EDIT: why the hell are there no spoiler tag buttons along the post options? I didn't know hot to write the tags properly....
He didn't die, I think. (At least, not at that point. He wrote that note, remember). And you are allowed to have two duplicates -- duplicate-Irving was around and guided young-Irving to take the professor's place, remember. They just disappear when the timeline reaches the point where they got disconnected. (Although this doesn't clarify what happens to people who are pulled forwards, like Kori and your parents for a while...)

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ackers said:
This game is brilliant, I completed it last night! I actually found it to be not as short as some people said. Would anyone say that there are plot holes in this game? It gets a bit weird at the end and I got confused wondering if some of it would be actually possible based on the games logic.

he didn't die from that fall..

SgtCorpse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yea we all got the full Time Hollow theme now, but what about the cell phone version used throughout the game by Ethan's phone? I want that song for my cell phone ringtone
wink.gif

On another note, although I was confused a lot, the end really tied up everything well, I also agree it was toooo short! :'( I always looked forward to the animated parts in the game, one of my favorite parts, wish they had more. This game was kick ass, I love it!
biggrin.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
After you can complete it, you then have the option of following sox out of the window before dinner.
Then you can skip and stop irving earlier.
Which breaks the loop, and thats how they'll make a sequal.

Kerian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ruri said:
No, she knows his name because she grew up with him in that timeline -- just like everyone else always remembered his parents being dead, she remembers growing up with him.
I don't think so. Profit!?
smile.gif

QUOTE(Antoligy @ Oct 12 2008, 12:39 PM) After you can complete it, you then have the option of following sox out of the window before dinner.
Then you can skip and stop irving earlier.
Which breaks the loop, and thats how they'll make a sequal.
You see, Ruri, I was right
tongue.gif

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Agreed, it was a great game, just finished it a few hours ago.
but one question: Is it possible to play the cutscenes again without playing the game again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson