• Total voters

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just want to ask on how you guys find the 3DS retail price. My region (singapore) will be selling it on 28 March at an awful price of S$399 (US$320) with 3-months full warranty and the remaining 9-months on software issues. Compared to the US SRP of US$249.99, the S$399 price point seems atrocious. I am going to just import one from the US, rather than paying this with unreliable warranty.

How do you find the prices announced at your territory? Vote and write!
tongue.gif

Oh, and no ridge racer 3d at launch, what a bummer
frown.gif

fnh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The price is ok I guess, I just hate that we have to wait until Sunday, and that there is no "great" game releasing with the system
glare.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
MakiManPR said:
i live in PR, US so is $249.99 but still I thought it will cost $199.99
I expected the US price to be $249.99 due to it's hype. Normally Singapore charges $100 more than US prices (shipping + exchange rate + profits), hence I expected the Singapore 3DS to be about S$369. However, it was $30 more, far more than what I've expected

Edit: $30 for games, to me, is a huge difference. Other items are not exactly the case though.

Inpression

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's selling at 250€ here in Europe, ~$350, which is 40% more than what americans are paying, fitting, since we make so much more money on average.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Inpression said:
It's selling at 250€ here in Europe, ~$350, which is 40% more than what americans are paying, fitting, since we make so much more money on average.
There are some people who believe that singaporeans earn big bucks just because our country is like 'so rich' or something. That is not the case at all... Yes, there are indeed multi millionaires in Singapore who earn billions of US DOLLARS, but the poor here can be really poor, literally. It is pretty unbalanced. For $399, it's just not really fair.

D

Deleted_171835

I was hoping it would cost $200. $250 isn't too expensive, though.

Also, the name of the thread is a bit confusing. Change to 'Thoughts on 3DS Price'.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Er... How to edit the name of the thread? I changed the poll title though

Edit: logging out now (it's already 11.56pm), any edits will be done tomorrow
smile.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Joanified said:
For a student, I think it's too expensive. The US price is still alright, but Singapore's price is bullcrap.(yes I'm from singapore too.)
Either we order from online (and use our DSi charger) or wait for any gameshop here to import one and sell it at a lower price (no warranty, but better than paying $399 for maxsoft's unreliable warranty! XD)

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
To be honest, most of the gaming stuff in Singapore is badly overpriced compared to overseas from what I've seen(Though it's not just gaming, a lot of other stuff are badly overpriced too). Unless you find the right shop, it's gonna be very expensive. Though there's the option of Sim Lim Square, but you've also the risk of getting imitations.

But I'm pretty happy to wait for a price drop, and possibly wait for a lite version or a red colour. Not gonna get it any time soon.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol i checked gamestop website and hell its cheap as hell in the US o.O
I though it was a good price here in sweden (2690SEK compared too 405,61 USD)
Was there a region lock in the 3DS or was it only a rumor?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Domination said:
To be honest, most of the gaming stuff in Singapore is badly overpriced compared to overseas from what I've seen(Though it's not just gaming, a lot of other stuff are badly overpriced too). Unless you find the right shop, it's gonna be very expensive. Though there's the option of Sim Lim Square, but you've also the risk of getting imitations.

But I'm pretty happy to wait for a price drop, and possibly wait for a lite version or a red colour. Not gonna get it any time soon.
I have to agree. Some items, even with high shipping costs, cost cheaper than buying from here.

As for the sim lim square issue, I prefer getting games from qisahn or funzsquare. Their prices are lower and their service is very good. I got ripped in SLS on my first DS purchase, so I already *so called* have a phobia of SLS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.