Hardware Thoughts after 2 months?

D

Deleted User

To be on topic though, I like the Switch. Lack of games, but that's to be expected at the start of a consoles lifetime. I love it being portable, love being able to split 1 controller into 2 thanks to the joycon system. A few bits I would have improved though, larger internal storage, 64gigs woulda done it, table top mode puts the Switch upside down instead, so we have access to the charging port, the cartridges honestly feel a little flimsy or that they might break more easily, so they should have been built better. Web browser/video apps would have been nice from the start, such as youtube, netflix & whatever else. But at the very least we know those are in development at the moment so it;s something.

Good system, just needs a bigger library, faster, and we're good to go.

Reactions: peteruk

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I suppose it is because I am very busy, but I still haven't suffered the lack of games.

What I have been playing most of the time:
  • Zelda BotW
  • Mario Kart 8 DX
  • Disgaea 5

What I have been playing often:
  • Minecraft
  • Fast RMX
  • Blaster Master Zero

What I've played a couple of times:
  • Kamiko
  • Rudymical

What I think I would play but don't want to pay for it because I already spent too much money and I still don't have enough time to play what I have:
  • I am Setsuna
  • The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+
  • Shovel Knight
  • Wonder Boy
Meanwhile I've been playing Momodora 4 for the 99th time on my XB1 trying to pull out an impersihable and pacifist run on insane. I think I should move on already. /s

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I want to get one, but I can't justify the purchase unless it's got more than one game I really want and N64/GCN VC games.

Optimistic for E3 though.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'd put down Dark Souls, Tomb Raider, and Rocket League as high likelihood for Switch ports. GTA 5, South Park, AoT, and Injustice could all be ported pretty easily, but those are less likely.
There's then the cost of the physical Switch cartridges which could push away publishers.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's then the cost of the physical Switch cartridges which could push away publishers.
They cost like $0.05 compared to a disc at $0.03 or something? I doubt it's a sticking point. If there's money to be made, the publishers won't hesitate to port. Digital-only releases are always an option too.

Last edited by Xzi,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

They cost like $0.05 compared to a disc at $0.03 or something? I doubt it's a sticking point. If there's money to be made, the publishers won't hesitate to port. Digital-only releases are always an option too.
Publishers will find reasons to avoid it if they can and even moreso that it's Nintendo. Nintendo and third party publishers haven't been on good terms since the 90's but hope that changes.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Needs more games. A re-release MK game and SF2 Ultra just isnt enough.
I played BOTW on wii u.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

iirc it's slightly higher. Anyway, it'll go down next year as manufacturers usually give discounts after the first fiscal year if demand is high enough and it sure as hell is right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night