Hardware Thoughts after 2 months?

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how have you been enjoying your Nintendo Switch? How's the experience after two months? Are you still playing Zelda? How's the social aspect of the Switch (lol)?
Would you say it's still worth buying now or wait?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like it. I finished Zelda now am working my way through Lego City. Still have to try out that Persona 5 demo I downloaded earlier.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's been OK but not that great. BotW was an amazing launch game but after I was done with it, there wasn't anything till MK8D/PPT and then MK8D became a tad bland 'cause it was a game that I already had played to death before on WiiU.

The Switch is a very bare-bones gaming system though I hope it gets better. It probably won't until Mario Odyssey or in 2018.

I've pre-ordered the physical European version of Binding of Isaac which is coming out next month. Not too sure about Cave Story+ even being a title I was very keen on getting.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not bashing Nintendo but the Switch launch and months following feel like the Wii U's. You get 1, maybe 2 great games and then sit twiddling your thumbs until the next decent game/s. I've always liked Nintendo but they they aren't the same Nintendo I grew up with. I'm hoping they pull something out of the hat at E3 because if they don't, it's going to be very disappointing.

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not bashing Nintendo but the Switch launch and months following feel like the Wii U's. You get 1, maybe 2 great games and then sit twiddling your thumbs until the next decent game/s. I've always liked Nintendo but they they aren't the same Nintendo I grew up with. I'm hoping they pull something out of the hat at E3 because if they don't, it's going to be very disappointing.

I kind of wish for the Nintendo Switch to be like the Vita, but slightly different; a successful RPG machine.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

All Nintendo seems to focus on nowadays are on the amiibos and Mario games than any other franchises they have. There was a new Metroid game but not really, it was only Metroid in name.
I kind of wish for the Nintendo Switch to be like the Vita, but slightly different; a successful RPG machine.
Only going for RPG games would be a bad move. The Vita failed because Sony never cared much about it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Completely satisfied with the mix of AAAs and indies available so far. Not that I'd mind a more plentiful release schedule on the AAA side. Third-party will definitely need a bit more time with their dev kits.

Reactions: Pokem
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Completely satisfied with the mix of AAAs and indies available so far. Not that I'd mind a more plentiful release schedule on the AAA side. Third-party will definitely need a bit more time with their dev kits.
The big games will be left out from getting a Switch release so don't get your hopes up for a vast catalogue of 3rd party games.

No Battlefield 1.
No Tekken 7.
No GTA 5.
No Rocket League.
No Red Dead Redemption 2.
No South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
No Outlast.
No Resident Evil 7.
No Sniper Elite 4.
No Titanfall 2.
No Dishonored 2.
No DOOM 4.
No Project CARS.
No Tomb Raider.
No AoT: Wings of Freedom.
No Kingdom Hearts 3.
No Overwatch.
No Trackmania: Turbo.
No Just Cause 3.
No Mass Effect: Andromeda.
No Injustice 2.
No Watch Dogs 2.
No Dark Souls 3.

But hey, who really cares. The current catalogue of the Switch is completely fine. :)

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
really good man, i enjoy it.
and i only have MK8 Deluxe / Fast rmx.

i play some hour or 2 of MK8 Deluxe nearly everyday, and i mostly play handheld mode because it just looks too damn good on the switch display.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Played a bunch of Zelda for most of March, but it's been in complete hibernation since then. I've been trying demos recently, but I was uninterested, so I'm still waiting for a release I'd like. It looks like SM Odyssey is going to be what makes me pick my Switch back up soonest.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how have you been enjoying your Nintendo Switch? How's the experience after two months? Are you still playing Zelda? How's the social aspect of the Switch (lol)?
Would you say it's still worth buying now or wait?

I can't say it. I just want until E3 and 3rd party supporting first before we can buy one this fall. Just want to beware since Wii U. Don't want to waste my money without a 3rd party supporting, you know. Surely, it looks awesome and we are tempting to get it but wanting to be wise and patient. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The big games will be left out from getting a Switch release so don't get your hopes up for a vast catalogue of 3rd party games.

No Battlefield 1.
No Tekken 7.
No GTA 5.
No Rocket League.
No Red Dead Redemption 2.
No South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
No Outlast.
No Resident Evil 7.
No Sniper Elite 4.
No Titanfall 2.
No Dishonored 2.
No DOOM 4.
No Project CARS.
No Tomb Raider.
No AoT: Wings of Freedom.
No Kingdom Hearts 3.
No Overwatch.
No Trackmania: Turbo.
No Just Cause 3.
No Mass Effect: Andromeda.
No Injustice 2.
No Watch Dogs 2.
No Dark Souls 3.

But hey, who really cares. The current catalogue of the Switch is completely fine. :)

No, I care. By the way, Injustice 2 team asked if we want it for Switch. Wait and see. And other lists after E3. Hopefully. :)

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System is great and seems like the games are starting to roll in. Great buy over all.
And seems like the system will have alot of custom stuff to go with it (theme joy, cons, theme pro controler, bags, cases , acc. etc...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: on my ps2