OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After I put in a new DVD Drive onto my computer, now my Windows loads up VERY slowly, and things in the computer in general go slower. And the drive also randomly decides to work. It's read a few DVD-Rs with no problem, but now there's one in there it's not detecting. How the hell is a DVD-Drive slowing shit down?! This is starting to piss me off. (As everything does.)

And yet another thing to anger me, my story with PSU. For a while, I am stuck with Dial Up because my mom sucks at bills. My friend downloaded Phantasy Star Universe from a torrent, 50 RAR parts at 98MB each, plus the sfv file. The game has mass patching issues, and I wanted to avoid them on Dial Up.

so I just burn the entire C: SEGA, PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE... thing into two DVD-Rs. (Thus the new DVD Drive I needed) Rip it onto my computer straight from the disc onto the C Drive, and it randomly crashes when loading.

Someone gives me the idea of installing the game itself, maybe it puts stuff in the registry. So I go back to his house and again, on two DVDs, burn the actual ISO (It's a 5+GB ISO and the DVDs I have only fit 4GB so I needed two) and try that. I get it home, rip it off. Try to extract it to make the solid ISO...

***Error 1: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack PSU.iso
*POINTS AT THE ERROR MESSAGE CLEARLY SAYING .r00*

***Error 2: No files to extract
*LOADS UP HUGE RAR SHOWING THE ISO IN THERE!

No one wants me to play PSU, this is pissing me off. And I even already paid for a month subscription over at his house too... This is all because of the god damn Dial Up. If I didn't have this shit, I wouldn't need to try these 500 ways to get around this.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
the dvd drive shuld slow your computer down a bit.. but normal use such as just starting the computer and so on shuldn't be a noticeable difference.

you know, if the dvd is connected with a ata cable, with a hdd (or two) and maybe another cd/dvd drive, everything goes on the speed of the same cable so if the cable can go 133mbps, 2-4 other things share the same speed on the cable and that shuld to slow stuff down a bit... not so much you can notice it all the time.. maybe just when moving massive data from one place to another. that's why S-ata is better when everything get's the full speed all the time.

and about PSU, you shuld be able to instal from the discs as you shuld (so the computer understands that it really is installed) and then you probably can copy the installed files from your dvd's over it and the patched files shuld be there without any problems. at least it use to work when i've been doing that with other games
wink.gif

edit: spelling...

second edit: Wohooo! post nr. 300 ^^

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna take a guess and say you are trying to rejoin the iso on a FAT drive? If that is the case then you are SOL because FAT can only handle files up to 4G so an NTFS partition is required for what you want to do.

As for the DVD drive you should try connecting it to a different controller or combining it with a different drive on that controller or a mixture of the two. Sometimes one drive will hate another drive for no particular reason at all so the only thing you can do is pair it with a different one.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to extract it from a .rar. I think I found the problem though when talking to my friend about it.

I'm missing the actual .rar itself.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now the DVD Drive just stopped working. This is very aggrivating. Even if I could get that missing file from my friend, if the drive won't work then I can't get the patched data off of it.

Is there a way to get it working? Like if I removed the second CD Drive and just left the DVD one alone? Just leave one of the two drive slots empty? Can I safely do that?

zennoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
***Error 1: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack PSU.iso
*POINTS AT THE ERROR MESSAGE CLEARLY SAYING .r00*

***Error 2: No files to extract
*LOADS UP HUGE RAR SHOWING THE ISO IN THERE!

Uhh first of all the first volume in a set of RAR volumes is the .rar file, not .r00.

.rar, .r00, .r01, etc.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just tried that. The DVD Drive now works great, and most (not all) of the Computer Boot Up Slowness is gone.

That just leaves that file. I knew you guys would help, you guys never let me down. Thanks, and sorry for the outburst earlier. This angers me, I want to play this badly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, They do this to get around YouTube's TOS, and often is abused for that reasoning.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    if it is educational and enjoyable then everyone wins
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    If people don't get sued or suffer from losses they'll never learn
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    If only google was as aggressive as Nintendo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I love how idiots online always try to make you out as some horrible person and pretend to know your character
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's the internet, people will just attack anyone ,just because they're anonymous for the most part
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And the ones that aren't afraid of being anonymous get it the worst
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh he said this to me, get over it Sunflower
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the internet is and can get nasty really fast
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but it's the same ones whining about them being a victim when they want negative attention for others lol
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    although having a bad day or bad card dealt in life is just a personal issue, how you communicate to others will determine how others will treat you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No not really some people just act a certain way to please the crowd it's the internet
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yeah, there's those also, they act entirely different compared to their RL persona
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even in life you have fake crumbs that act a certain way just to please other friends
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i call those just asskissers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can spend years talking to each other and stop suddenly just because others don't like you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goes back to the oh I wanna fit in with this crowd type
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I don't even have blood related family members left that I can talk to anymore, everyone is estranged
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I live by if it happens to you it can happen to them and most likely will so fuck them
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's funny how life works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A cycle of payback and I told you so
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sometimes I don't know if I'm frustated or happy

:wacko:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanted to jerk off but my straight jacket won't let me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    wait,...BDSM don't use straight jackets, what kinda horsin' around are you even up to? nevermind, dun wanna know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I didn't fall asleep with the jacket on
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I didn't fall asleep with the jacket on