Hardware Thinking of upgrading from a Wii to Wii U

ACCA919

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Recently found a pretty sweet deal in a shopping arcade for around 1400 HKD, which gave me the thought. The benefits are I can use HDMI to stream Wii games and play some Wii U exclusives. However I'm concerned about a few things (assume I'll install Homebrew, USBloader gx and Nintendont):

1. Does USBloader gx support GC controllers on a vWii via an adapter?
2. Does things like Riivolution and CTGP (online) work on a vWii?
3. Will the official transfer tool transfer the modded softwares (Homebrew, USBloader gx) or I need to install those from scratch (not that I'm not ok with that)?

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess that if you take the effort to google you will find the answers

1. yes
2 http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Riivolution#Does_Riivolution_work_on_my_Wii_U.3F and http://www.chadsoft.co.uk/install-guide/#qwii (both answers=yes)
3. Transfer tool????? I assume that you have that software on a SD card in the apps folder. That will be exactly the same for the vwii. Also on the wii you didn't install that software!! If you have forwarder channels on the wii you NEED TO FIND the right ones for the WIIU

To be complete: for God's sake : read the sticky on this forum (https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/) and don't f**ck around with the wiiu and Vwii before you know what you are doing and why.
Such a waste to brick this console.

D

Deleted User

Recently found a pretty sweet deal in a shopping arcade for around 1400 HKD, which gave me the thought. The benefits are I can use HDMI to stream Wii games and play some Wii U exclusives. However I'm concerned about a few things (assume I'll install Homebrew, USBloader gx and Nintendont):

3. Will the official transfer tool transfer the modded softwares (Homebrew, USBloader gx) or I need to install those from scratch (not that I'm not ok with that)?
upgrade, but keep the wii it can become handy later

ACCA919

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I guess that if you take the effort to google you will find the answers

I did a bit of googling about the vWii but o well.

3. Transfer tool????? I assume that you have that software on a SD card in the apps folder. That will be exactly the same for the vwii. Also on the wii you didn't install that software!! If you have forwarder channels on the wii you NEED TO FIND the right ones for the WIIU

To be complete: for God's sake : read the sticky on this forum (https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/) and don't f**ck around with the wiiu and Vwii before you know what you are doing and why.

Thanks for the harsh advice :P

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Once you upgrade you'll love WiiU games and forget about Wii. Wii games look very limited when compared to Wii U's

Last edited by depaul,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in the meaning of "cleaning up". Are the graphics going to be in 1080p or just looks better?

Since Wii U can use HDMI, the 480p/i image will look cleaned up, and with better colors than on a regular Wii would, at least, IMO. No, the Wii U has no ability to internally scale the res up to 1080p, only way is to use Dolphin.

D

Deleted User

I'm interested in the meaning of "cleaning up". Are the graphics going to be in 1080p or just looks better?
the graphics will be the traditional 480p but since you will be using an hdmi cable instead of component images will look sligtly better. if you mean wii u games the only wii u games that perform at 1080p are wind waker hd and smash 4, but only smash 4 performs at 60fps while wind waker hd performs at only 30. The rest of the games are 720p or lower, but most of them are 60fps

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once you upgrade you'll love WiiU games and forget about Wii. Wii games look very limited when compared to Wii U's
Sorry but super Mario galaxy 1 and, 2, Mario bros and donkey Kong look stunning...either on wii or vwii .. And there are a few more wii games which must not be missed

ACCA919

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
the graphics will be the traditional 480p but since you will be using an hdmi cable instead of component images will look sligtly better. if you mean wii u games the only wii u games that perform at 1080p are wind waker hd and smash 4, but only smash 4 performs at 60fps while wind waker hd performs at only 30. The rest of the games are 720p or lower, but most of them are 60fps
I'm ok with having 720p to work with.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mario galaxy 1 and, 2, Mario bros and donkey Kong

I mean SM3DW, NSMBU and DKCTF look better than these

D

Deleted User

upgrade to a switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN