TheFloW releases PSA & information about his upcoming PS Vita 3.69/3.70 Jailbreak

PlayStation_Vita_PCH-1000_model_blue.jpg

Following rumors of an impending PS Vita EOL hack, TheFloW has just released a PSA as well as some important information on his next and last jailbreak targeting OFW 3.69 and 3.70 of Sony's latest handheld console. The document, published on GitHub Gist, describes the exploit chain as drastically different from the previous ones: instead of relying on a WebKit or save data exploit, it will attempt to escape the PSP emulator and take control of the rest of the system from there. While novel, the downside of this approach is that it requires users to have a PSN account activated and linked to download a PSP game from the store - as such, Sony may be able to patch it in the future and lock out anyone who hasn't taken advantage of it yet.

As a result, the developer is giving an abundant amount of time (6-8 weeks) to let interested users be prepared for the eventual release. His instructions on how to set up your console for the hack are as follows:
  1. If you're on firmware 3.69, you have two options:
    • Either update to firmware 3.70 (go to Settings → System Update).
    • Or set DNS to 212.47.229.76 (go to Settings → Network → Wi-Fi Settings → Your access point → Advanced Settings and set DNS Settings to Manual and Primary DNS to 212.47.229.76).
  2. Register a PSN account if you don't have one yet (note that only 3 devices can be activated using the same account).

3. Download and install any PSP/minis game (PS one Classics do not work). There are demos in most regions (if you know a title that is not listed here, please let me know):
    • EU/UK: Ape Quest
    • NA/SG: LocoRoco Midnight Carnival
    • JP: YS seven
    Unfortunately, if you can't find a demo in your region, you must either buy any PSP/minis game, or register a new PSN account in one of the regions listed above.

4. Verify that you can launch the PSP/minis game.

5. Download and install qcma to make a backup of your game (launch Content Manager on your PS Vita and follow the instructions on screen).
If you have completed the preparation, you can now sit back and come back in 6-8 weeks for further instructions. It is important that you do not unlink/deactivate your PSN account or restore your settings in this time.

Aside from the aforementioned timeframe, there is no definite ETA for a release yet.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by RattletraPM,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure to ask the seller before purchasing it. From my experience all of the sellers I asked, they are on 3.70 and then they keep saying bullshit like "it's been a very long time ago since I used it and it's collecting dust" Like, who are you trying to kid lol

So what is the point in asking? I'm not sure that most people selling vitas would know that you need to be able to downgrade to 3.65 for enso anyway & if you can't then using the exploit on every boot doesn't look like it's too much hassle either.

Last edited by smf,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I meant was, not every seller is honest.

You can't tell whether they are honest or not but I'm not convinced that people will known enough to lie, they usually show that it's running 3.70 in their screenshots. As for what version it shipped with, it's been discontinued here for a while & it's unlikely someone who imported a console would be selling them so cheap (although they may have been caught out by nobody bidding due to the sunny weather).

I've taken a punt on a few cheap units, we'll see what arrives (if they arrive...).

Last edited by smf,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Make sure to ask the seller before purchasing it. From my experience all of the sellers I asked, they are on 3.70 and then they keep saying bullshit like "it's been a very long time ago since I used it and it's collecting dust" Like, who are you trying to kid lol

Hence why is better to cough a few more bucks and get it unused since those come with 3.63.

I mean I got mine used but that's because the selled included a game and a 4 gb vita memory card.

Reactions: CTR640

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering... If Sony would pull those PSP demo's like the Ape Quest off from the PSN Store but some of us still have it on their PC, will they still be able to transfer the demo to install h-encore for 3.70?

Hence why is better to cough a few more bucks and get it unused since those come with 3.63.

I mean I got mine used but that's because the selled included a game and a 4 gb vita memory card.

Exactly. There is no shame in asking. I asked a seller to test the screen for blotches with a black image in the dark and I've got a vita with perfect oled screen. The other 2 has pretty good oled screens too and I'll keep them too.

Last edited by CTR640,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe they brought it out from their storage to sell it, didn't realise the hacking community exists and updated it before trying to sell? In a world without hacks, it would seem as if you're doing the person a favour by updating it.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was wondering... If Sony would pull those PSP demo's like the Ape Quest off from the PSN Store but some of us still have it on their PC, will they still be able to transfer the demo to install h-encore for 3.70?

If you have a PS3 or PS4 you can use that to transfer the game from that console to the Vita. So if you are that paranoid, better have a PS3 or PS4 ready.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe they brought it out from their storage to sell it, didn't realise the hacking community exists and updated it before trying to sell? In a world without hacks, it would seem as if you're doing the person a favour by updating it.
Yep, they also don't know anything about. Some are parents with kids no more interested in vita's and they have no idea about the hacking community. Of course it's no shame in asking. And I also had a seller who didn't know there was a memcard inside and they asked me back on how to check it^.^

The sellers who know about the hacking community sometimes sells the hacked vita's for a much higher prices like 200 bucks up to 300.

Reactions: Seriel

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really can't decide about whether to get a PSTV as well as a Vita. In reality there is probably only one game I'll end up playing on it (which is why I've been so lax in buying a Vita in the first place) and it's not playable on PSTV even once it's hacked. But I do seem to collect PlayStation consoles
It's almost completely useless if you have a PS Vita, a PS3, and a PS4, but if you can find a cheap one, you may as well get it.

I bought mine assuming it was on 3.70 (since it was cheap and this new exploit had been announced anyway), but then I asked the seller and he said it was on 3.67 :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    +2
    "My party doesn't lie!!" ummm politician not lying? Has hell frozen over? lol
    +1
    Tries calling them
    +2
    Reach around and touch someone! AT&T!!!
    +1
    Especially me :D:evil::shy:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol +1