TheFloW releases PSA & information about his upcoming PS Vita 3.69/3.70 Jailbreak

PlayStation_Vita_PCH-1000_model_blue.jpg

Following rumors of an impending PS Vita EOL hack, TheFloW has just released a PSA as well as some important information on his next and last jailbreak targeting OFW 3.69 and 3.70 of Sony's latest handheld console. The document, published on GitHub Gist, describes the exploit chain as drastically different from the previous ones: instead of relying on a WebKit or save data exploit, it will attempt to escape the PSP emulator and take control of the rest of the system from there. While novel, the downside of this approach is that it requires users to have a PSN account activated and linked to download a PSP game from the store - as such, Sony may be able to patch it in the future and lock out anyone who hasn't taken advantage of it yet.

As a result, the developer is giving an abundant amount of time (6-8 weeks) to let interested users be prepared for the eventual release. His instructions on how to set up your console for the hack are as follows:
  1. If you're on firmware 3.69, you have two options:
    • Either update to firmware 3.70 (go to Settings → System Update).
    • Or set DNS to 212.47.229.76 (go to Settings → Network → Wi-Fi Settings → Your access point → Advanced Settings and set DNS Settings to Manual and Primary DNS to 212.47.229.76).
  2. Register a PSN account if you don't have one yet (note that only 3 devices can be activated using the same account).

3. Download and install any PSP/minis game (PS one Classics do not work). There are demos in most regions (if you know a title that is not listed here, please let me know):
    • EU/UK: Ape Quest
    • NA/SG: LocoRoco Midnight Carnival
    • JP: YS seven
    Unfortunately, if you can't find a demo in your region, you must either buy any PSP/minis game, or register a new PSN account in one of the regions listed above.

4. Verify that you can launch the PSP/minis game.

5. Download and install qcma to make a backup of your game (launch Content Manager on your PS Vita and follow the instructions on screen).
If you have completed the preparation, you can now sit back and come back in 6-8 weeks for further instructions. It is important that you do not unlink/deactivate your PSN account or restore your settings in this time.

Aside from the aforementioned timeframe, there is no definite ETA for a release yet.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by RattletraPM,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Any difference between the SD2Vita
v2, v3, v4 and v5 and so on models? Or is just all the same?
At this point, no real difference anymore really. Originally the differences were things like quality of the casings and types of sd slots and such, but once the Chinese manufacturers really got into manufacturing them, the "version" changes are nothing but marketing bs. v3 is the last "major" change I'm aware of, so any v3 or higher is probably fine.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any difference between the SD2Vita
v2, v3, v4 and v5 and so on models? Or is just all the same?
The originals were a circuit board (some also needed some tape to avoid shorts) that you jammed into the slot, removed with tweezers, and sometimes developed bad connection (requiring a reinsertion) if you dropped the console or didn't use it for a while (I have one made by Gadorach and am still satisfied)

Then they tried making them compatible with the push-to-eject mechanism (but became too long to fit well in some consoles with the slot cap on), then they started making them a "flimsy wrapper with metal tabs" microsd-to-sd adapter style - pretty much any number you see is as useful of a description as "MP5 player", just look at the picture of what you're buying

In any case they are just mechanical adapters, there is no difference in what they have to do, there likely is a difference in how well they do it but more due to lack of quality control than a style being universally better

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
At this point, no real difference anymore really. Originally the differences were things like quality of the casings and types of sd slots and such, but once the Chinese manufacturers really got into manufacturing them, the "version" changes are nothing but marketing bs. v3 is the last "major" change I'm aware of, so any v3 or higher is probably fine.

Any brand that's know that's better than the rest?

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would prefer it if he gave us more time to prep for this. There's already a good hack out for 3.68 and below, which is much easier to find nowadays. It would suck if sony patched this right away

Sad that again, the self entiled fuck wits of the internet are still causing grief to possibly hinder ones motivation to continue their work in the console hacking scene.

I have said it before many times. Devs should not use Social Media at all and just release their work silently without no possible ETA or, if anything is in development.

That way you can get on with real life and attend to coding when desired without having to siff through spam on Twitter/FB because Billy Dickhead just bought a Vita on 3.70 and wants his CFW released today.
i believe that's why he is waiting for weeks to release the jailbreak rather than release it now. possibly someone asked too much, but at least people have time to get ready for the hack.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nope. They're all random Chinese manufacturers at this point, doesn't matter what you buy. I bought this one a year ago, still works fine now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07566P3TQ/

The cheapest I found looks like that one and is listed as v2.

v3 is the last "major" change I'm aware of, so any v3 or higher is probably fine.

The cheapest v3 I found costs almost double than the v2 with the smile face. But it does look less flimsy...

And I definitely don't like those cheap transparent plastic V5s...

Overall the only difference I can see with just pictures is what has the cheapest plastic.

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I speak more with regards to how the scene was before Social Media was a thing when it was more underground. Everything now is too widely publicized when somethings should be left unsaid, until it is the right time to announce/release it. Plus, there is still other means of communication for devs to use to share information and code.
Again, I disagree, but I do see where you're coming from. Let's just leave it at that

barak06

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Following rumors of an impending PS Vita EOL hack, TheFloW has just released a PSA as well as some important information on his next and last jailbreak targeting OFW 3.69 and 3.70 of Sony's latest handheld console. The document, published on GitHub Gist, describes the exploit chain as drastically different from the previous ones: instead of relying on a WebKit or save data exploit, it will attempt to escape the PSP emulator and take control of the rest of the system from there. While novel, the downside of this approach is that it requires users to have a PSN account activated and linked to download a PSP game from the store - as such, Sony may be able to patch it in the future and lock out anyone who hasn't taken advantage of it yet.

As a result, the developer is giving an abundant amount of time (6-8 weeks) to let interested users be prepared for the eventual release. His instructions on how to set up your console for the hack are as follows:

Aside from the aforementioned timeframe, there is no definite ETA for a release yet.

:arrow: Source
Hi !
And what to do if i'm already in 3.65 enzo ? (stupid question ?)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Better do nothing since we don't know if this hack will be better or not. But keep your Vita ready, save for updating it, just in case this hack turns to be awesome.
The end result will just be h-encore, so it's not going to be any "worse" or better than what's on 3.67/3.68, it'll be exactly the same.

If you already have Enso, either on 3.60 or 3.65, there's no reason to update to use this exploit. Quite frankly I would suggest those who can downgrade to 3.65 to do so, so they can have Enso support. There's no real benefit to staying on a higher firmware anymore, since we have various plugins that let's you play higher firmware games now.

spuderump

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my god some people on here are stupid. If you are on a lower firmware and already running a hack, then there is no need to update. Also to the guy complaining that 6-8 weeks is not long enough? how much bloody time do you expect to get ready? it literally takes 5 mins to download the PSN demo.

Reactions: CTR640

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
my god some people on here are stupid. If you are on a lower firmware and already running a hack, then there is no need to update. Also to the guy complaining that 6-8 weeks is not long enough? how much bloody time do you expect to get ready? it literally takes 5 mins to download the PSN demo.

Welcome to the Internet, please don't feed the trolls.

Unless of course, you dare to be a fool.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've ordered a PSVita, model PCH-1104. As far as I know it doesn't have any internal storage, so I need to buy a memory stick to install PSP games, right?

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've ordered a PSVita, model PCH-1104. As far as I know it doesn't have any internal storage, so I need to buy a memory stick to install PSP games, right?
Yes, thanks to Sony's unlimited greed, we have to buy proprietary memcards. And if you have h-encore, you can use sd2vita but if not, then sony's memcard.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, thanks to Sony's unlimited greed, we have to buy proprietary memcards. And if you have h-encore, you can use sd2vita but if not, then sony's memcard.
The seller said the firmware is 3.67, but the problem is that I need a memory card to install h-encore itself.

Last edited by nastys,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

The seller said the firmware is 3.67, but the problem is that I need a memory card to install h-encore itself.

4 GB original vita cards are cheap or just get a SD2VITA instead.

Edit: Obligatory Link about SD2VITA

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-my-sd2vita-psvsd-is-having-issues-thread.510876/

For all your questions about the thing.

It actually was to prevent piracy but they fucked up for not including internal storage in the initial Vita model. They basically were changing an arm and a leg for a memory card to save games like it happened with the Sega Dreamcast.

Last edited by raxadian,

Davidchao23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this does get patched will there be any other way to do it? The exploit states that you need a exploitable game, so even if Sony does patch it, you only need the exploitable game right?

Slight apologies if this is a stupid question, I currently asked a guy if I'm able to buy his PS Vita, and he said by the end of the year or a few months I would be able to have it

Last edited by Davidchao23,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
4 GB original vita cards are cheap or just get a SD2VITA instead.

Edit: Obligatory Link about SD2VITA

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-my-sd2vita-psvsd-is-having-issues-thread.510876/

For all your questions about the thing.
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately there's no way to jailbreak past 3.60 without a memory card, and of course the SD2VITA doesn't work without the custom driver.
I was hoping I could install a PSP demo without a memory stick and then use this new 3.70 exploit to install the SD2VITA driver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1