TheFloW releases PSA & information about his upcoming PS Vita 3.69/3.70 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Mar 30, 2019.

Front-page
    PlayStation_Vita_PCH-1000_model_blue.

Following rumors of an impending PS Vita EOL hack, TheFloW has just released a PSA as well as some important information on his next and last jailbreak targeting OFW 3.69 and 3.70 of Sony's latest handheld console. The document, published on GitHub Gist, describes the exploit chain as drastically different from the previous ones: instead of relying on a WebKit or save data exploit, it will attempt to escape the PSP emulator and take control of the rest of the system from there. While novel, the downside of this approach is that it requires users to have a PSN account activated and linked to download a PSP game from the store - as such, Sony may be able to patch it in the future and lock out anyone who hasn't taken advantage of it yet.

As a result, the developer is giving an abundant amount of time (6-8 weeks) to let interested users be prepared for the eventual release. His instructions on how to set up your console for the hack are as follows:
    Aside from the aforementioned timeframe, there is no definite ETA for a release yet.

:arrow: Source

Leobgood, nastys, ZeroHunta and 21 others like this.
    Discussion (88 replies)
  1. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    6 - 8 weeks*

hug0-a7x and DRAGONBALLVINTAGE like this.
  2. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    6-8 weeks or months, which one is it? ;P

3. RattletraPM
    OP

RattletraPM GBATemp's official 蒸気イーブイ

pip Reporter
    Jan 18, 2017
    Italy
    Shinjuku Station
    Whoops. ^^"
    Fixed

8BitWonder likes this.
  4. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    Lol wtf, so the only way to hack it is to buy a PSP/minis game from PSN Store? So no more trasfering H-encore over to Vita via qmca?

5. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    a demo is fine

6. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Sad that again, the self entiled fuck wits of the internet are still causing grief to possibly hinder ones motivation to continue their work in the console hacking scene.

I have said it before many times. Devs should not use Social Media at all and just release their work silently without no possible ETA or, if anything is in development.

That way you can get on with real life and attend to coding when desired without having to siff through spam on Twitter/FB because Billy Dickhead just bought a Vita on 3.70 and wants his CFW released today.

Last edited by retrofan_k, Mar 30, 2019
    KiiWii, alexander1970, Owenge and 3 others like this.
  7. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    And the 'Ape Quest Starter Pack [PSP]'? It ia free tho but not sure if demo.

Last edited by CTR640, Mar 30, 2019
  8. Meepers55

Meepers55 Flintstones Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    I disagree. Social media is a decent way for devs to get their name out there. They can share their work, form connections with people in the industry, learn new tricks from fellow devs, etc. All of that can potentially lead to a job offer. That's not to say it's for everyone, but it can be useful to those who use it right.

9. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    If it runs in PSP mode and you can back it up through qcma, it should be fine. Whether it's a demo or not isn't what's important.

10. brollikk

brollikk GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    I would prefer it if he gave us more time to prep for this. There's already a good hack out for 3.68 and below, which is much easier to find nowadays. It would suck if sony patched this right away

11. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    Wish i can like this post a thousand times! I 100% agree with you, these devs don't fucking listen at all and then wanna get mad when the obvious happens!

alexander1970 likes this.
  12. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    What if I have a PS VITA? how the hell am I gonna back up the game xD can you connect Vita TV to QCMA?

13. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2016
    Yes, you can

14. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    H
    How?

15. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited by k7ra, Mar 30, 2019
  16. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    So the Ape Quest Starter Pack PSP got installed and backed up using qmca. So I'm set?

17. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    So I can use either, I thought there was something special about qcma because the developer suggested to use it :v

18. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Use QCMA, not Sony's CMA. It's suggested because you can use it without having to update your Vita to the latest firmware, unlike CMA which does require it, and it has a couple extra features.

19. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2016
    You can not update IF you use old version of CMA, but yes better use QCMA.

Wait, Tom Bombadildo. Don't I saw you on hf?

Last edited by k7ra, Mar 30, 2019
  20. huma_dawii

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Im already on the latest so nothing to lose there ahahhahahhaha xD