'Max Payne' homebrew PS Vita port released

max payne.jpeg

Recently, we shared news of a WIP port of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to the PS Vita by TheFlow based on its Android version. Apparently, it was not the only game that TheFlow was working to port on the Vita, as together with modder fgsfdsfgs and others, he released a way to get the Android version of Remedy's classic title Max Payne to work on PlayStation's handheld. Their method uses a wrapper to load the original game binary, patches it and then runs it.

While the game is playable on the Vita, there are some known issues. These include the following, as per the latest GitHub release:
  • The game takes a while to start and load levels.
  • There is a memory leak somewhere, which means that after enough level loads the game will die with a black screen. It usually happens after loading 2/3 of the levels in the entire game, so you might not encounter this during normal gameplay.
  • Key binding menu does not display button names correctly.
  • Intro movies don't play, since the player is not implemented.
To get it to run, you will need to first install two plugins, namely kubridge and fdfix, and then proceed with the VPK installation. You will, of course, need to supply your own copy of Max Payne's APK (version 1.7) and OBB (version 1.6 or 1.7) files.

fgsfdsfgs released a complete step-by-step guide along with a link to the corresponding VPK file over on their GitHub page linked below.

Since this is TheFlow's second big Android port to the Vita, it seems like more could be in the works. Which Android game would you like to see run on the PS Vita next?

:arrow: GitHub Release
:arrow: GitHub README

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about it being released on Android, but it definitely would be great to have it on Vita. Just imagine... The game is awesome! :D
i actually trie to download it on my PC this weekend ..MAx PaYne 2 would not load on my WIN10 pc ... but yeah it would be nce to have on Vita

Reactions: tfocosta

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
ah i will figure it out .... when im in the mood for it... Max Payne 3 is still alive Online on Steam ...one of my favourites ....Online Shooters

I'm sure you will... Let me know if you find out a good way. Last time I've played MP2, it was on Windows 7, on my old laptop few years ago.

Yeah, that's true, Max Payne 3 is awesome in terms of graphics and gameplay. I have enjoyed it quite a lot! :D

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to set it up on the Vita but, I just decided to re-play it on the PC... love this game...
if you have a Vita i highly reccomend this it works perfectly .... & it suits the Vita's Screen (OLED) ... & its still as fun as ever .....!!

Mike Abastante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I'm having an issue with lights showing like squares shapes on my Vita. It doesn't happen on any of the two pstv units I have, only on the Vita.
Has anyone experienced such issue?

Reactions: SuperDan

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SuperDan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1