Gaming THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I was waiting for this game to go on sale (even for a few $ less). Saw on Amazon that it was going for $38 today so I went to buy it. Then I realized that I had a $10 gift balance (which I recall was from Kid Icarus pre-order that it had reduced at some point). Had I known about that, I would have bought this on launch day.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing game. One of the few 3DS games i paid full retail for and love it (And i got the pre-order stylus too :D)

Just downloaded my first 2 songs too (FFVI Battle Theme and FFIV Final Battle). SE should really consider making this a series, this is easily my favorite rhythm game ever

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the game's producer want this a series of the games
http://www.destructoid.com/square-enix-producer-wants-theatrhythm-to-become-a-series-230642.phtml

i like they game
some song can be hard,(like the dark notes)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The game is pretty cheap on the UK Amazon, it goes for 21£, actually thought of getting it but well, I love rhythm games and the songs but I wonder if the game has like a story or some connection... z.z

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they make a series of Theaterhythm, do they stick to FF I wonder, or will they branch out. There are enough Mana (Seiken Densetsu) games you could do a nice selection, also due to their merger -- Dragon Quest would be awesome.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I just really good at this game or is the FMS stage on the demo really easy? After about 4 attempts I got 100% critical hits on easy, then after 1 attempt on medium i got 100% combo (only missed 2 criticals) and then went on to get 'A' on expert (still working on perfect :P)edit: sorry posted on 3DS :L

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I just really good at this game or is the FMS stage on the demo really easy? After about 4 attempts I got 100% critical hits on easy, then after 1 attempt on medium i got 100% combo (only missed 2 criticals) and then went on to get 'A' on expert (still working on perfect )edit: sorry posted on 3DS :L
Haha, nah all my fms on every level are SS Perfect Chains

Reactions: 1 person

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's as easy or hard as it is for your abilities in general with timing based games. I can get between an S and an occasional B rank on a section so my areas I have touched are S or A (mostly) ranks. I know you can supposedly strip off item/skills for the SS rank but as someone who detests 'rank' and just wants to enjoy a game I could give two shits. :) If I didn't like the audio so much I probably wouldn't play it as I had rank being tossed in my face in any genre title as often the skill levels set are by those who put in a 1000 hours testing and have lost perspective.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One question to those already having the game: Does the game spoiler the plot of the actual FF games? Because I haven't played half of them (I played like 5 or 6) so really I don't want to have spoilers story-wise, like who endbosses are and things like that.

Other then that I loved the Demo and I would buy this game in a heartbeat!

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo's out!
Yeah it came out yesterday in NA. I tried it on a whim and holy crap it's like the greatest game ever. I encourage everyone to give it a try.

Edit: Also I'm not a big Final Fantasy guy, I played the older 2D ones, they're great,never beat em though. So I don't know either song from the demo. Nor have I played Elite Beat Agents so I dunno how t compares. For someone with relatively limited knowledge of the Final Fantasy series and music, this game is great.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^This.

And the demo, at lesat, isn't as good as Ouendan, but that would probably be asking for a bit too much since the music--and the 'animations'--made that game.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Ouendan was a lot more difficult, and more challenging to master, but there is much more to Theatrhythm in terms of gameplay 'meat'. There's a lot to do, many characters and combinations to use and level up to Lv. 99, and there's a few more different game modes too. Not to mention all the extra DLC as well.

But you're right, it isn't as good as Ouendan - I definitely prefered Ouendan to Theathythm. It was a lot more fun and, like you say, the animations and manga strips totally make the game as fantastic as it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum