SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Opinions are like assholes, etc.

Nah, just kidding, but seriously, just started playing this, and I've been repeatedly told by my friend to beat it. After playing thousands of games, and seeing mostly everything, it's really hard to please me storyline wise.

I hope to Christ that this picks up and takes me away, cause it's got a weak opening.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The game is really over rated.
The controls are poor, if you can't muti-task the battles are lame and the storyline is really hyped up to a point where it turns crap.

Only thing I liked about it was the graphics, which is alright for a NDS game.

Plus the ending was a major let down, you could see it happening.

Opinions, opinions.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really? I thought the graphics were HORRRRRIBLE. Waaaay too pixelly. It looks like it was built for a cellphone game and they just stretched it out to fit the DS. I'm not even going to attempt to play it on my XL.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
The game is really over rated.
The controls are poor, if you can't muti-task the battles are lame and the storyline is really hyped up to a point where it turns crap.

Only thing I liked about it was the graphics, which is alright for a NDS game.

Plus the ending was a major let down, you could see it happening.

Opinions, opinions.
This this this this this. It seems more overrated than any Kingdom Hearts game. I played a bit of the game, and lost interest fast. The controls were awkward, and the battle system was kind of weird. The graphics were meh, but they weren't bad. I've seen better 2D games.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ironically, this stands as one of my good friend's favorite games.

This also coming from the asshole who liked the Speed Racer movie, so I take his opinion with a grain of salt.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Relatively meh for me. Neku was an asshole, Joshua was fucked up, Shiki was a bitch, hell, Only Sho was likeable.

Combat was alright, being able to choose whether to fight was good, but half the time I left the AI to run the top screen. Tin Pin was the only thing I played it for after I finished the main story. No sidequests whatsoever,

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
I loved both of the gameplay and story of "the world ends with you".

But out of ALL games on the DS, my FAVOURITE Story is the game called Infinite Space, has lots of emotional content in it and very long.... It took me 28 hours to finish the game. The gameplay isn't that much fun but the story is the best. Btw, anyone knows what happend in the end? I remember that you defeat the 'overgod' w/e their called, O_O. Oh and *spoiler* what did you guys think of our solar system in the end part of the game? Why was the Sun a black O_O and called Earth something else lol.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People who sucked at the combat found it terrible.
Which is understandable, it was hard to get used to, and people also sucked at pin management and thought "ZOMG PIN SISTIM SUX" when really, they just tried to use all similar pins and got mad when they overlapped.
In reality, for an actionRPG, the system was pretty amazing. It was incredibly fresh, and once you learned all the little tips and hints on how to organize things, it was very well done.

The amount of pins was pretty astounding. Pin evolving was awesome. Tin Pin Slammer was pretty damn fun too.
Tons and tons of clothing variety.
Loved the story.
I even enjoyed the art style quite a bit. (took some getting used to)
The music took a lot of getting used to as well, but once you do it really fits in the game.
EDIT: and overall there is just a god damn TON of stuff to do/get. I think I sunk 300+ hours into the game, enjoying every minute.

But despite all that, if someone doesn't like it...you can't really change that opinion. You shouldn't feel entitled to either, but really the gameplay received a lot of huff because people didn't understand it enough to use it well.

danweb

OP
Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
okay, i'm going to say this one more time. You guys aren't really understanding what i mean here. My friend thinks that it is a bad game not that he just doesn't like it. It would be fine if he just personally didn't like it, i agree there, but that is not the case. He keeps telling me how the graphics, sound and battle style cannot possibly be any good for anyone let alone himself. This is not his opinion on the game this is his opinion on everyone else's thoughts on the game. I am not trying to tell him to like the game. I am trying to show him how this game is fun and good for others and how they like it, not him. Do you have any suggestion based on that. Not the 'You can't change his opinion' statement as that is not what i am trying to do. Thanks,

DanWeb
biggrin.gif

gosub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Horrible RPG, but I love the story in it. ... Story is definitely one of the best in the DS's library though.

I keep seeing people make this claim.

I'm starting to think that a lot of people are unclear about exactly which genre "RPG" is.

QUOTE(danweb @ Dec 8 2010, 05:53 PM) He keeps telling me how the graphics, sound and battle style cannot possibly be any good for anyone let alone himself.

I am trying to show him how this game is fun and good for others and how they like it, not him.

I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Complaints about graphics and sound are generally made of fail and stupid, particularly when it's regarding one of the small ratio of projects which actually try to determine their own style. This goes double when discussing a hand-held device.

The battle system was fun, and one of the better uses of the NDS's sensor suite that I've seen. It could use a little tuning, but so could most realtime combat systems in games. It's not terribly tactical beyond picking your pins competently, but it's not a tactical game.

If his claim is really "for anyone" then he's talking out his ass (I exist, and he's wrong regarding me) and just being loud because he doesn't "get" the game. Sometimes people want to shift blame so it's the game "being bad for everyone" rather than him being incapable of appreciating a popularly well-received game.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gosub said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Horrible RPG, but I love the story in it. ... Story is definitely one of the best in the DS's library though.

I keep seeing people make this claim.

I'm starting to think that a lot of people are unclear about exactly which genre "RPG" is.

To me, it's about say, leveling up or whatever, where you play as the main character throughout the whole thing.

Like Zelda, that's not an RPG. Where games like Chrono Trigger, or Final Fantasy or Lost Odyssey is.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
People who sucked at the combat found it terrible.
Which is understandable, it was hard to get used to, and people also sucked at pin management and thought "ZOMG PIN SISTIM SUX" when really, they just tried to use all similar pins and got mad when they overlapped.
In reality, for an actionRPG, the system was pretty amazing. It was incredibly fresh, and once you learned all the little tips and hints on how to organize things, it was very well done.

The amount of pins was pretty astounding. Pin evolving was awesome. Tin Pin Slammer was pretty damn fun too.
Tons and tons of clothing variety.
Loved the story.
I even enjoyed the art style quite a bit. (took some getting used to)
The music took a lot of getting used to as well, but once you do it really fits in the game.
EDIT: and overall there is just a god damn TON of stuff to do/get. I think I sunk 300+ hours into the game, enjoying every minute.

But despite all that, if someone doesn't like it...you can't really change that opinion. You shouldn't feel entitled to either, but really the gameplay received a lot of huff because people didn't understand it enough to use it well.
This is how I feel about the game. I love the art style, and it looks great on my friend's DSi XL. (not that I would take advantage of him or anything) It was a great game for DS, in my opinion, just not everybody will like the style or how battles are done.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Relatively meh for me. Neku was an asshole, Joshua was fucked up, Shiki was a bitch, hell, Only Sho was likeable.

Combat was alright, being able to choose whether to fight was good, but half the time I left the AI to run the top screen. Tin Pin was the only thing I played it for after I finished the main story. No sidequests whatsoever,

sho was my favorite characer my favorite line of his was so zetta slow

gatta agree with you neku was a douch.

i think shiki was an all right character.

thats just my opinion

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
danweb said:
okay, i'm going to say this one more time. You guys aren't really understanding what i mean here. My friend thinks that it is a bad game not that he just doesn't like it. It would be fine if he just personally didn't like it, i agree there, but that is not the case. He keeps telling me how the graphics, sound and battle style cannot possibly be any good for anyone let alone himself. This is not his opinion on the game this is his opinion on everyone else's thoughts on the game. I am not trying to tell him to like the game. I am trying to show him how this game is fun and good for others and how they like it, not him. Do you have any suggestion based on that. Not the 'You can't change his opinion' statement as that is not what i am trying to do. Thanks,

DanWeb
biggrin.gif
well show your friend this thread and he will see some other peoples thoughts on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters