Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
basher11 said:
after the story in the first one, i doubt they'll make a sequel.

A sequel would suck.

A completely unrelated story with similar concepts would be cool though. Completely different cast of characters, location and storyline.
I mainly just want it for the combat system. Which was amazing and diverse. I wasn't a huge fan of having to control both characters to be maximumly effective, but it did shine in a few spots.
It still saddens me that people who can't read didn't like the combat system. It really was the easiest thing to pick up, and learn. You just needed to read the tips to figure out how to not make your pins a jumbled mess. (that and, hurrdurr, not using a set of all similarly activated pins).
I loved equipment choices too. There was a fucking ton of great stuff to choose from, and it took forever to get everything, and unlock every piece of clothing's ability.

If TWEWY 2 were to exist, and build on all of that...i'd love it. But yeah, dunno why a lot of people think TWEWY 2 has to be a sequel, or prequel. A completely unrelated game with the only similarities being the game, and all of the core concepts (conductor, reapers, angels, noise, etc) would be amazing.

Will you teach me how to read so I can play this boring ass game?
biggrin.gif

I love how you think the people that didn't like the combat system can't read. I hated the combat system and my reading is perfectly fine.
Some people liked it and some didn't, plain and simple, no need to think someone can't read because of their opinion of the game features or the game itself.

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i kinda want something like this...

new story, new characters, new location, but the story will sortof connect with the previous game near the end of the game

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like TWEWY warrants no sequel. Dont get me wrong the first one was awesome.
However. I feel like it was an experiment, a sidetrack to actually games produced by square.
The story is complete, and there is nothing that needs added.

Its done, so bury it. Dont mess up my interpretation of an otherwise great game by making pointless sequels like Njrg said. Thats how they ruined 7.

And at Gameboy 13, just play Ninja Gaiden DS.

D

Deleted-236924

SoulSnatcher said:
I dislike the J-Pop in the game.

Most of the music is bad in itself, but in the game it fits perfectly with what is going on IMO.
There are only like 5 songs that I actually downloaded and listen to outside game.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
I dislike the J-Pop in the game.

Most of the music is bad in itself, but in the game it fits perfectly with what is going on IMO.
There are only like 5 songs that I actually downloaded and listen to outside game.

Myself, I loved the music in it. I think people forget that not only is TWEWY japanese, it takes PLACE in Japan.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
BlackDave said:
It's the kind of game you only see have one story and no sequel.

Leave it as it is.

I completely agree, but the first one was so boring that I stayed at the beginning purposely. I'll play it when I don't have the other 200 games on my acekard.

Oh I actually played it until I was done but it's just something I want to do again
ohnoes.png

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I truly despise misleading titles.

But I thoroughly enjoyed the first game, and wouldn't mind a sequel. It'll still be hard to create a different story that's completely original from the first. I mean, if you want the same gameplay, you'll need the use of pins/items/etc. and there's not really any way to incorporate that into a "new story" with "new characters" and "new location." And I honestly don't think they can top the first. I think people are asking for too much >.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If TWEWY2 existed, then I'd want it to be something like... Another game.... Maybe like in the distant past or future. Extreme Reapers' game to the max! XD

Like, Neku's ancestor going through the game. XD

LOL using different types of rocks or something as their version of pins.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Like someone else said in this thread, an unrelated story with similar gameplay would be cool, but I hope they remove the top screen control crap. Most of the time I find myself struggling to control both screens at the same time.
But meh, I doubt this would happen.

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
Should make but I hope they improve the battle system, I have a problem with 2 battles with a split screen...
I can't really see what happens on the screen above. I just random click and hope for the best

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
Like someone else said in this thread, an unrelated story with similar gameplay would be cool, but I hope they remove the top screen control crap. Most of the time I find myself struggling to control both screens at the same time.
But meh, I doubt this would happen.
You just have to play better on the bottom screen to compensate for your suck on the top screen.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
The dual screen controls is what made me ragequit during thr first part of the game. I mean, yeah I could pull it off without that, but I was thinking it was required later in the game, so I just dropped it and moved on to another titles.

And with that, toodles. i'm off to bed.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
The dual screen controls is what made me ragequit during thr first part of the game. I mean, yeah I could pull it off without that, but I was thinking it was required later in the game, so I just dropped it and moved on to another titles.

Yeah, pretty much same here.

Goodnight

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
dudeonline said:

Isn't that what makes this game unique though?

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Popin said:
I don't see it happening. Everything wrapped up nicely in the first game. I'd still play it if a sequel came out though.

Completely agree. The game wrapped up brilliantly, and a sequel would only detract from that.
Perhaps, like someone else mentioned, similar gameplay but a totally different set of characters (you could keep the idea of "the Game" and so on..) would be alright.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At the very least, I'm sure there will be a "spiritual successor."

As for a direct sequel, I don't think I care. The engine lost it's fun for me around ten hours, and without a complete overhaul, I wouldn't be too interested in another entry - and with a complete overhaul, it wouldn't even be TWEWY.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.