ROM Hack WIP The Witcher 3 Enhanced Settings mod

Larsenic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, I've been a reader of this site for a long time but this is my first post here. First of all I want to thank the OP for the amazing work. It works great and it really improves how the game looks.
I was wondering if there is some setting that could improve texture filtering, the game has some really ugly billinear filtering that contributes to the blurry look and make textures seem lower quality than they really are.

Loonelywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can disable dymamic resolution...but you need to overcloak the switch,but image will be very clear and very beutifull.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

See this https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-witcher-3-60-fps-and-dynamic-resolution-tweaks.550211/

And no,overcloaking the switch wont do any damage to the system...and its very nice indead...

Reactions: Larsenic

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The game will look better though depending on your resolution preference, your switch may be dependent on overclock and playing it while charged. In my case, I don't really mind.. I officially dropped my PS4 save for this. FPS is also better if you try the other thread. I might finish this game on the Switch lol. I toggle anti aliasing on and off at times. Enabling it gives a smoother fps at least from what I'm observing when playing on the resolution I wanted, only downside is it looks kinda blurry

Increase the resolution. Then it'll be tolerable.
Do I have to edit the ips patch myself to make it 30fps?

KyleXY27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do I have to edit the ips patch myself to make it 30fps?
You'll edit it to change the resolution. If you want.. I can share to you what I'm using plus the settings I use. I already removed the fps counter but last I checked I'm getting a stable 40-ish fps which is better than my locked 30 on the console.

Reactions: JoshDevious

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You'll edit it to change the resolution. If you want.. I can share to you what I'm using plus the settings I use. I already removed the fps counter but last I checked I'm getting a stable 40-ish fps which is better than my locked 30 on the console.
That would be awesome please
I just changed the sys-clk settings

KyleXY27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Extract the zip file and paste the contents to your exefs_patches folder. Make sure to restore from a backup save. I use Edizon. Before you do, under the user settings folder, replace your settings.txt file with the one I added here then restore save before you run the game.

Now assuming you have the Enhanced Settings mod installed as well.. toggle everything on except the underwater effects, I prefer toggling that off. Anti-aliasing you can toggle on and off depending on your preference and I have my sharpening set to low. Attached image shows how it looks with aliasing on.

sys-clock settings, I use the max on everything though on the GPU side, you can use docked frequency 768 if you don't want to go for the max but for me, I use max on everything.

Attachments

• settings.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 258
  • exefs_patches.rar
    338 bytes · Views: 206
  • 2019102216480800-1BB2CE368C4381D1A5EF7A2C59901B8F.jpg
    2019102216480800-1BB2CE368C4381D1A5EF7A2C59901B8F.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 210

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Extract the zip file and paste the contents to your exefs_patches folder. Make sure to restore from a backup save. I use Edizon. Before you do, under the user settings folder, replace your settings.txt file with the one I added here then restore save before you run the game.

Now assuming you have the Enhanced Settings mod installed as well.. toggle everything on except the underwater effects, I prefer toggling that off. Anti-aliasing you can toggle on and off depending on your preference and I have my sharpening set to low. Attached image shows how it looks with aliasing on.

sys-clock settings, I use the max on everything though on the GPU side, you can use docked frequency 768 if you don't want to go for the max but for me, I use max on everything.
thanks a lot i will give this a go

KyleXY27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That would be awesome please
I just changed the sys-clk settings

Oh and I forgot to say. I always play in handheld mode with my charger plugged in and I always use my gaming headset. With no charger plugged in you won't get to that 40-ish sweet spot using what I'm using for my own. If you don't want to play with your charger always plugged in then this is not for you just a heads up.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

dfi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anybody notice that sharpening isn't working in toussant in the blood and wine expansion pack.

It's very soft no matter what sharpening setting you use.

Turning off anti aliasing works though

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anybody notice that sharpening isn't working in toussant in the blood and wine expansion pack.

It's very soft no matter what sharpening setting you use.

Turning off anti aliasing works though
I haven’t rescued dandelion yet I’m currently doing that mission arc now

MumiLife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

Is it fixed Inventory glitch yet?

Last edited by MumiLife,

XavNZ92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok so I have literally tried EVERYTHING to get this mod working without success which prompted me to finally create an account here to ask for help.

I am using the latest version of SXOS 2.9.2 with the latest FW 9.0.1 and an official cartridge dump made with nxdumptool in .XCI format the mod folder has been named the same as my game ID (Australia NZ version) 010070A00E9CE000 and placed in the SXOS folder file hierarchy is as follows : SDCARD - SXOS - titles - 010070A00E9CE000 - romfs - bin - config - r4game - user_config_matrix - switch - gameplay.xml and rendering.xml

As I said I have tried everything and double checked the game ID tried renaming both just in case and yet still nothing it is worth noting that I am running the latest version of the game also (day one patch I think)

Help with this would be much appreciated as I am about to simply give up with this !

Cheers.

Syynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have literally tried EVERYTHING to get this mod working without success which prompted me to finally create an account here to ask for help.

I am using the latest version of SXOS 2.9.2 with the latest FW 9.0.1 and an official cartridge dump made with nxdumptool in .XCI format the mod folder has been named the same as my game ID (Australia NZ version) 010070A00E9CE000 and placed in the SXOS folder file hierarchy is as follows : SDCARD - SXOS - titles - 010070A00E9CE000 - romfs - bin - config - r4game - user_config_matrix - switch - gameplay.xml and rendering.xml

As I said I have tried everything and double checked the game ID tried renaming both just in case and yet still nothing it is worth noting that I am running the latest version of the game also (day one patch I think)

Help with this would be much appreciated as I am about to simply give up with this !

Cheers.
Could you open a save manager and peek at Witcher 3's titleid there?

KyleXY27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you use 25 the glitch doesn’t occur
If you also edit the ips file manually the inventory glitch won't occur.

So rather than editing the Dynamic Resolution Override, simply edit the ips file manually to the resolution you wanted.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

XavNZ92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Could you open a save manager and peek at Witcher 3's titleid there?

Well I already checked the title ID multiple times but I will again in a save editor as you mentioned doubt it will be different there than what is in the xci file and what shows up in the dumper.

I am really scratching my head here can anyone confirm the file structure for the mod is correct and that they have the mod working in SXOS 2.9.2 and FW 9.0.1 ?

Cheers.

X.L

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you also edit the ips file manually the inventory glitch won't occur.

So rather than editing the Dynamic Resolution Override, simply edit the ips file manually to the resolution you wanted.
Here are the settings I tweaked for Dynamic resolution and my overclock settings sorry for mobile pics
C69DBCB3-9A5E-4FEC-8383-2F3F5D7464F3.jpeg
3B25506D-6CE3-408E-B230-72DCEA936BD5.jpeg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."