The Ultimate Nintendo Wii hacking guide for seniors

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials' started by Trash_Bandatcoot, Jul 30, 2018.

1. cashonly

cashonly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    Hello, i'm on linux and i cant run the Riiconect24 patcher. Where can i download the patched wads?
    Thank you!

2. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Trash_Bandatcoot ...The Nintendo DSi, am I right?

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hello, @cashonly !
    First, why can’t you run it?
    Seconds, from what region are you? I need to identify if your console is from Europe or the US.

3. GensokyoIceFairy

GensokyoIceFairy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Does WINE work?

4. snails1221

snails1221 GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    snails1221 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 10, 2015
    United States
    Anonville
    To my knowledge basically every Wii channel has been dumped at this point aside from a few Korean ones.

5. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Not all of them. I recently found some probably unarchived files that most of us deleted.

GensokyoIceFairy likes this.
  6. GensokyoIceFairy

GensokyoIceFairy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2017
    United Kingdom
    the PAL VC ones have literally disappeared from the internet

since a lot of mediafire users deleted there accounts when google drive and the gmail influx (thanks to youtube at the time forcing gmail addresses) became a thing... and that means a lot of old wads are lost since a lot of them were hosted there

Last edited by GensokyoIceFairy, Aug 11, 2018
  7. Trash_Bandatcoot
    This message by Trash_Bandatcoot has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 11, 2018, Reason: Discussion of warez.
    Aug 11, 2018
  8. GensokyoIceFairy
    This message by GensokyoIceFairy has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 11, 2018, Reason: Discussion of warez.
    Aug 11, 2018
  9. snails1221
    This message by snails1221 has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 11, 2018, Reason: Discussion of warez.
    Aug 11, 2018
  10. GensokyoIceFairy
    This message by GensokyoIceFairy has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 11, 2018, Reason: Discussion of warez.
    Aug 11, 2018
  11. snails1221
    This message by snails1221 has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 11, 2018, Reason: Discussion of warez.
    Aug 11, 2018
  12. Okro

Okro Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for this! I think you might be able to assist me with your info but want to make sure. I have a modded WiiU with a hard drive and works great. Now, my girls want to play Guitar Hero through the vWii. I have the discs but the girls want all the songs. I downloaded Gbs of WADs but my vWii is not modded. Will this process work? Or, is there a simpler way to just have the songs on a SD card or something? Thanks for your help!

13. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    No, you cannot use the Letterbomb on vWii. You must use a different exploit for the Wii U, you can find it online, I'm not an expert at modding a Wii U...
    All the other tutorials are mostly the same, just be careful with some homebrew applications as they were build without a Wii U in mind.

14. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Most homebrew applications should still work however, heck even some has Wii U-exclusive features. Also true, you will need to find a new exploit. Game exploits like Smash Stack should still work on Wii U, also if you have modded the Wii U section of the Wii U, then you can also use wuphax.

15. JasonR

JasonR Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Question about this hacking method. I hacked a few Wii's several years ago, using the smashstack method. While it was fairly easy to do, the one annoying thing about it was that several of the high profile games took a lot of extra tweaks to get working. This method seems a lot more simple and automated. I'm wondering, since it's been several years sincegames were released for the Wii, are all the individual game tweaks automated in this hack, or is it still neccessary to configure some games separately?

16. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hm, never heard "smashstack"
    I guess not, so you should be fine.

17. snails1221

snails1221 GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 10, 2015
    United States
    Anonville
    If I understand what you're getting at, no. Nowadays gameless exploits exist (Though you can still use smashstack or related if you would like)

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack
    Its and exploit that takes advantage of SSBB's feature that allows you to load custom stages from an SD card. This could be used to install the HBC aswell as run custom SSBB mods such as project M.

18. JasonR

JasonR Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Do you have to use things like cios and dopmii to get all games to work, or once you follow this guide, can you simply plug your hard drive in and play every game?

19. snails1221

snails1221 GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 10, 2015
    United States
    Anonville
    If you are referring to USB loading the yes Cios-es are still needed to do so

20. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    I got a 32 Gb usb flash drive, anyone got a noob guide about how to install and use the usb loader on the Wii? Oh and how to run eshop games roms.

21. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Sure, but there is going to be a catch:
    1. USB Loader GX piggybacks on specific USB Hard Drives. Some work and some don't.
    2. USB Flash drives don't work, not due to lack of space, but also because of some hardware.

I'll continue the tutorial soon.

22. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Is there one that works with USB flash drives? Or that can load the roms from DVD disks in case of the small eshop ones?

And how about loading games from a 32 gb sd card then? As is, not using the usb ports but the sd card slot.

Last edited by raxadian, Nov 30, 2018
  23. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    1. Not sure, you'll never know if it works. Always buy a 250GB Hard Drive.
    2. You can load games from DVD, but make sure it's DVD-R and burn it with IMGBurn.
    3. Some USB Loaders support loading from 32GB, but you can only load 5 to 4 games.

24. Jitoku
    This message by Jitoku has been removed from public view by Chary, Dec 1, 2018.
    Nov 30, 2018
  25. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    I meant loading roms, not a burned iso. It would be silly to waste an entire DVD for something like Megaman 9.

So let's say I put Megaman 9 in the memory sd card, what loader can play it?

26. Trash_Bandatcoot
    OP

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    You don't use a loader for that, you install it with a WAD Manager.
    Retail games are played on USB Loaders, WiiWare, Virtual Console and DLC will be installed with a WAD manager.
    Please read the "Installing wads" chapter before asking more questions.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted