Tutorial The Ultimate Nintendo Wii hacking guide for seniors

pumpkinpies

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there another full comprehensive guide to hacking the wii ?

I am trying to play some backups off my usb drive and it isnt working for me.

The drive works just fine with my other wii and the vwii so its not the drive.

The games show up in usbloadergx but when i click on them the screen just goes blank and goes back to the homebrew channel.

pumpkinpies

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
man i am not having fun with this - i thought this would be easy !

I tried to do a backup of the wii as per the instructions but the only sd card that i had that worked with the exploit is too small.

I tried to use a different sd card for the back up but when i try and run bootmii, the screen goes blank and my disk drive flashes a blue light.

i am able to restart the wii so it isnt bricked but what do i do for a backup ?

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
man i am not having fun with this - i thought this would be easy !

I tried to do a backup of the wii as per the instructions but the only sd card that i had that worked with the exploit is too small.

I tried to use a different sd card for the back up but when i try and run bootmii, the screen goes blank and my disk drive flashes a blue light.

i am able to restart the wii so it isnt bricked but what do i do for a backup ?

Hello.:)

I am sorry to hear of your Issues ....

If you have Troubles with your SD Card you can use this Alternative Methods:

Bluebomb Exploit (needs Linux for the Preparations):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/bluebomb-an-exploit-for-the-wii-wii-mini.549123/

str2hax Exploit (needs Internet Connection on your Wii):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-channel-less-sd-less-entry-point-str2hax.523210/

FlashHax Exploit (needs Internet Channel and Internet Connection on your Wii):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-free-homebrew-entry-point-flashhax.491674/

Good Luck.
Thank you.:)

Morricorne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have question about hacking wii. I think about buy used wii. With gamecube compatibility.
And do a hack from this guide. All of them. Then buy external HDD 500 GB for wii.
Which one will be compatible?
I have old HDD from old notebook.
TOSHIBA MK2565GSXN 250GB/8MB cache/ SATA II
I want try this HDD. Any help?

Wii and gamecube have many good games. I want play them

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have question about hacking wii. I think about buy used wii. With gamecube compatibility.
And do a hack from this guide. All of them. Then buy external HDD 500 GB for wii.
Which one will be compatible?
I have old HDD from old notebook.
TOSHIBA MK2565GSXN 250GB/8MB cache/ SATA II
I want try this HDD. Any help?

Wii and gamecube have many good games. I want play them
Hello,

for the hard drive , a small list here ==>https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

Your hard drive should work normally.

Put your external hard drive in FAT 32, to put the Gamecube and Wii games on the same partition.

Last edited by jeannotte,

Fredster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did hack the wii, but I did not load "bootmii" while I did it. Now I am long past the initial setup. Can I still load "bootmii" and or is that opportunity long past?

I have no brick protection at all. What can I do to correct that? Can I load bootmii now and get on with life?

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did hack the wii, but I did not load "bootmii" while I did it. Now I am long past the initial setup. Can I still load "bootmii" and or is that opportunity long past?

I have no brick protection at all. What can I do to correct that? Can I load bootmii now and get on with life?

Yes just follow the steps for BootMii, see if Boot2 will work on your setup, if not that's ok just follow the other steps and make your NAMD backup.

If you want a fresh setup follow the ModMii guide and select your Wii as a new installation and it'll overwrite anything needed and get you back on track.

ModMii Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

Fredster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. What about PriiLoader? Should I put that on as well or is it redundant? It is fine, the system is good.

I haven't tried loading the bootmii yet over the installation I have, but I will this weekend. I then loaded 3 iOS versions per a youtube video. I loaded parts of IOS236 CIOS222 D2XCIOS

I am doing it blind, that is, I don't understand what/why I am doing some things, but it worked. I haven't researched yet how this actually works. But I appreciate the word of pros, and threads like this help. I want to make one of these for my son on his birthday. I have another one that I want to do in a more "elegant" fashion.

Last edited by Fredster,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks. What about PriiLoader? Should I put that on as well or is it redundant? It is fine, the system is good.

I haven't tried loading the bootmii yet over the installation I have, but I will this weekend. I then loaded 3 iOS versions per a youtube video. I loaded parts of IOS236 CIOS222 D2XCIOS

I am doing it blind, that is, I don't understand what/why I am doing some things, but it worked. I haven't researched yet how this actually works. But I appreciate the word of pros, and threads like this help. I want to make one of these for my son on his birthday. I have another one that I want to do in a more "elegant" fashion.
Hello,

Internet videos are not the best, often not very clear.

Use Modmii as you suggest ==> ca032769 , this will update your IOS and your CIOS.

Yes, it is better to install Priiloader, for better protection of your wii ==>https://wii.guide/priiloader.html

Last edited by jeannotte,

Fredster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply!

The link for "ca032769" didn't work, but the one for the prililoader does.

I do want brick protection. Can I do both without messing up what I have now?

The wii set pretty much the way I want it, except I want to change the background color from white to black. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the setup. My fear is that if I screw up installing the theme, then it will need to be reset, and I don't have a way to do that right now.

So priiloader or bootmii or both? I am leaning toward bootmii first, then priiloader, then if I don't screw that up, finding a theme do change the background color to something other than stock.

I am going to try and spend some time to figure out how to restore it back to factory too, just in case I want or need to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

not sure what that is at all.

Reactions: jeannotte

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just picked up a wii from a thrift store and it was one of the ones that Game Cube compatible (has the controller ports too.

Two question: How do I know what version Wii I have and which versions the best to hack and does firmware matter?

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ive just picked up a wii from a thrift store and it was one of the ones that Game Cube compatible (has the controller ports too.

Two question: How do I know what version Wii I have and which versions the best to hack and does firmware matter?
Hello,

To find out the version of your Wii ==> go to the Wii settings and it will be marked at the top right either ==> 3.2, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3

Thanks for the reply!

The link for "ca032769" didn't work, but the one for the prililoader does.

I do want brick protection. Can I do both without messing up what I have now?

The wii set pretty much the way I want it, except I want to change the background color from white to black. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the setup. My fear is that if I screw up installing the theme, then it will need to be reset, and I don't have a way to do that right now.

So priiloader or bootmii or both? I am leaning toward bootmii first, then priiloader, then if I don't screw that up, finding a theme do change the background color to something other than stock.

I am going to try and spend some time to figure out how to restore it back to factory too, just in case I want or need to.

not sure what that is at all.
Hello,

I advise you to make a Nand backup of your Wii (in case?)

install a theme according to the version of your wii.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: