Hacking The truth, what to do if you are in the damn 5.5.x (5.5.0, 5.5.1)

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if i were to get a second hand wii from ebay, the shipping would be very high, because norway
Then find someone who sells them locally via the internet. There are plenty of websites for that
Also kudos on the idea with just a normal wii, i assumed it would be pricier then the mini

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People never learn. The same exact stuff happened with the 3ds. Now look where the 3ds scene is.

Last edited by Rinnux,

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, Nintendo would never purposely not patch an exploit! In fact, NO COMPANY would! That's ridiculous, it's insanity. You'd be leaving the door open for pirates, as that decision is practically an endorsement into backup loaders. You might as well start shouting, "HEY EVERYONE BACKUP LOADERS WORK ON ALL FIRMWARES!" Secondly, be patient. Let's ponder what developers owe you...hmm...yeah, that seems about right...carry the three...alright! The answer is: NOTHING! Developers owe you nothing, so please stop crying for them to release something! Finally, be realistic. The kernel exploit will be released in the days following when the firmware release it's tied to is released, which I doubt will be
will be in 2017, if you are willing to wait that period of time, that won´t be in the first quarter of the year
That's ludicrous. It will be out soon. Have patience, be respectful, and please moderators, close this god-forsaken thread!

(EDIT: Deleted image attached, I didn't even mean to attach it!)

EDIT 2: Excuse my repetitive usage of "release" throughout this post. Unfortunately, I'm lazy and would rather not fix that issue, so just turn a blind eye on my terrible grammar!

Last edited by Logan Pockrus,

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First and foremost, Nintendo would never purposely not patch an exploit! In fact, NO COMPANY would! That's ridiculous, it's insanity.
This is total boosh, nintendo has been very well watching the scene for both the 3DS and WiiU and in return taken the measures to ensure (in their eyes) minimal problems with piracy in the past years in hopes it wouldnt take the same dimensions as on the DS and Wii, and not releasing an update (due to their position in the corner regarding this not to mention they dont even KNOW what is actually exploited in the first place) is the sure way to not release the devil right now. Sure, a lot of people don't follow these forums and would instantly update, but that would be their entirety of safe customers afterwards as opposed to all the people past 5.4 right now, thus actively reducing the numbers.

The bit*ing however really needs to stop, i agree.

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually just sold my 5.3.2. I had fun with it exploring the expolits but I am happy to use my 5.5.1 machine with the Select titles due out in a few weeks. If something changes, great.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is total boosh, nintendo has been very well watching the scene for both the 3DS and WiiU and in return taken the measures to ensure (in their eyes) minimal problems with piracy in the past years in hopes it wouldnt take the same dimensions as on the DS and Wii, and not releasing an update (due to their position in the corner regarding this not to mention even they. dont even KNOW what is actually exploited in the first place) is the sure way to not release the devil right now. Sure, a lot of people don't follow these forums and would instantly update, but that would be their entirety of safe customers afterwards as opposed to all the people past 5.4 right now, thus actively reducing the numbers.

The bit*ing however really needs to stop, i agree.
I have conflicting opinions on this front. Your statement is 100% valid, but I still can't bring myself to except the fact that a company would intentionally not patch an exploit, especially spanned over a multitude of firmware releases. But in the case of staying on x so as not to bring upon (outcome) when y is released, I understand why a company (Nintendo) wouldn't want to release the aforementioned y. In the wrong scenario, y's release could be detrimental.

Reactions: Jackall4BDN

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do i do? well i buy the games i really want. Look how cheap 2nd hand wii u games have become. I have the .wuds/loadiine dumps but ill save that for a future time...

Reactions: LuigiXL

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Close and delete this useless excuse of a thread.
Interestingly enough, when people neutrally and collheadedly elaborate WHY a point is made, everyone goes mad and wants topics locked, but if people just go and insult away, it can go on for 20 pages. Why wasnt lock requested in this thread right after the first page? I wonder how this happened.

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do i do? well i buy the games i really want. Look how cheap 2nd hand wii u games have become. I have the .wuds/loadiine dumps but ill save that for a future time...
I wish everyone just bought their games rather than pirating them. I typically only use my second Wii U on 5.3.2 for game mods and GC-TO-VPAD.

Reactions: Jackall4BDN

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is Wii U hacking even worth it? The only bonus I can honestly see are cheat programs, VC injects like with the 3DS and maybe playing one of those 'totally legal back-ups' of the Taiko no Tatsujin games. It's at the end of its life and the library isn't all that impressive at all, I honestly just use mine as an internet browser.

At least the 3DS has a really good library in contrast and the only thing we really need is DS injections though DS flashcarts aren't even that expensive.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is Wii U hacking even worth it? The only bonus I can honestly see are cheat programs, VC injects like with the 3DS and maybe playing one of those 'totally legal back-ups' of the Taiko no Tatsujin games. It's at the end of its life and the library isn't all that impressive at all, I honestly just use mine as an internet browser.

At least the 3DS has a really good library in contrast and the only thing we really need is DS injections though DS flashcarts aren't even that expensive.
Theres a taiko game on the U? :3

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's just getting started, really. It won't end any time soon, and improvements will be made. I myself am impressed at what we already have, and hopefully you share the respect for homebrew developers that I have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!