1. 1,183

Front-page
    download.jpg

More events are being pushed back or flat out canceled as a result of COVID-19. The Taipei Game Show 2020, which was set to take place in February, but delayed to June, has now been officially canceled. Set in Taiwan, the event would have seen new game announcements from publishers, including SEGA. Any scheduled reveals will now take place during an online event called the Taipei Game Show LIVE!, instead, with the date to be announced at a later time.

:arrow: Source

Meanwhile, another event that was going to happen in Taiwan--Computex 2020--has been pushed back. Originally planned for June, the event has been delayed to September 28th. Last year's Computex saw brand new hardware and tech being shown off, including new Ryzen processors, the latest gaming laptops, and other computer gaming accessories.

:arrow: Source

Mr. Looigi likes this.
  2. Discussion (8 replies)

3. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    During this corona outbreak ive learnt ther are many mor game events than just e3 lol

4. JuanMena

JuanMena GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Can we just cancel the entire 2020 please?

DbGt likes this.
  5. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Stop being a misery by July let's all hope this is virtually over and though it's sad tht those who hav gone during this horrid outbreak let's all try look forward to the last 6 months of the year getting back to normal

azoreseuropa likes this.
  6. JuanMena

JuanMena GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    You have a strong faith in humanity don't you?
    I don't really think this will be over by July, let alone hoping for it.
    Pretending that this situation it's not a problem, won't make it disappear.

I agree that we have to live normally, I do, and I don't panic at all. But everyone cancelling every fucking event because of COVID-IOT 19 is completely useless.
    Not because we're all enclosed on our homes it'll mean that WHOOSH, VIRUS NEVER EXISTED.

The virus is here to stay.
    Also... I heard somewhere that China just got YET ANOTHER NEW VIRUS, only that it's transmitted by poop and animal wastes.

This is completely off-topic... but why the fuck the DO I HAVE TO SUFFER THE CONSECUENCIES THAT THE "chinese culture" HAS BROUGHT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD?

Please don't mind me.

Last edited by JuanMena, Mar 26, 2020
    AkiraKurusu likes this.
  7. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Chinese Communist "culture" is affecting many aspects of the world, even democratic republics, due to just how massively large its population is - Chinese corporations can buy shares in Western companies, for example, or just force changes to suit their backwards cultural standards in order for games to be released there.

Remember when Rainbow Six Siege (I think it was) was going to be released in China, and the publisher wanted to edit maps (to remove slot machines - despite loot box macrotransactions, irony - and an overtly-sexual neon sign) and UI elements (to remove skulls and replace them with generic silhouettes) across the entire global release? Yeah, that was cancelled due to customer pushback, but it was still going to happen because of China.

Also you spelled "consequences" wrong.

8. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    Because:
    1) We're already in it together, regardless of whether you want it or not.
    2) The reasons for health crisis are much bigger and more complex than just "Chinise culture screwed everyone over", to the point where pinpointing who's to actually blame is literally impossible. So, instead of going into pointless "NO U, NO U", people accept collective responsibility and deal with it together.

JuanMena likes this.
  9. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    And you should definitely look for numbers of Asian cosplayers there, definitely gorgeous.

DANTENDO likes this.
  10. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - cancelled, Computex, delayed