The Taipei Game Show has been cancelled, Computex 2020 delayed

download.jpg

More events are being pushed back or flat out canceled as a result of COVID-19. The Taipei Game Show 2020, which was set to take place in February, but delayed to June, has now been officially canceled. Set in Taiwan, the event would have seen new game announcements from publishers, including SEGA. Any scheduled reveals will now take place during an online event called the Taipei Game Show LIVE!, instead, with the date to be announced at a later time.

Taipei Game Show 2020 was originally rescheduled on June 25 – 28. However, as the escalation of the novel coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) continues, also comply with the latest rules by Taiwan CDC of suspending all the indoor events with 100 attendees as evaluative criteria. After consulting with most of the exhibitors regarding the health and safety, the organizing committee is officially calling off Taipei Game Show 2020 (B2C Zone, B2B Zone) and Asia Pacific Game Summit. Also, the team will be arranging full refunds and retention on all exhibitors paid fees and deposits.
World Health Organization (WHO) characterized COVID-19 as a pandemic on March 11 and by following the regulation of Taiwan CDC such as the entry restriction for foreigners to Taiwan and the mass gathering guidelines. The organizing committee indicated that Taipei Game Show may cause the negligence of precaution since it has been gathering 300K visits every year, furthermore, total of 235 confirmed cases have been occurred so far in Taiwan. Some of the exhibitors, the trade visitors, the game developers, and guests cannot enter Taiwan because of the border control. The priority now is to comply with the guidelines and countermeasures announced by the government authorities and prevent the epidemic from further spreads. Therefore, we decide to call off Taipei Game Show 2020.
Meanwhile, the organizing committee is further planning an “Online Business Matching Event” and “Taipei Game Show LIVE!” to showcase the latest announcements and news. Updates will be shared on tgs.tca.org.tw

:arrow: Source

Meanwhile, another event that was going to happen in Taiwan--Computex 2020--has been pushed back. Originally planned for June, the event has been delayed to September 28th. Last year's Computex saw brand new hardware and tech being shown off, including new Ryzen processors, the latest gaming laptops, and other computer gaming accessories.

Unfortunately, the world is affected by severe infectious pneumonia (COVID-19). As of today, more than 300,000 people have been diagnosed across 167 countries worldwide, impacting the economy, trade, transportation, convention, and tourism. COMPUTEX organizers, TAITRA President & CEO, Mr. Walter Yeh, and TCA Secretary General, Mr. Enoch Du jointly announce, for the health and safety of exhibitors and visitors, the effectiveness of the exhibition, and maintaining the COMPUTEX brand image, COMPUTEX scheduled for June 2-6 will be rescheduled to September.

To continue to service exhibitors and visitors around the world while taking into account the health and safety of all participants, COMPUTEX is rescheduled to September 28-30, at Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 2 (TaiNEX 2) and will present 5G and communication, smart solutions, gaming, and InnoVEX (startups). According to McKinsey's latest epidemic report, the epidemic in China and East Asia will be controlled at the beginning of the second quarter, and the epidemic situation in Europe and the United States will slow down in June. TAITRA will enhance inviting global visitors to attend COMPUTEX in September through its 63 overseas offices.

For exhibitors who continue to support COMPUTEX, TAITRA will organize a COMPUTEX online exhibition on the Taiwantrade from June 2-6 and invite global buyers to participate in online procurement meetings. TAITRA will also invite exhibitors to conduct new product launches, as well as invite global ICT companies to share 5G, AIoT, and other smart technology applications through Webinar.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: Mama Looigi

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can we just cancel the entire 2020 please?
Stop being a misery by July let's all hope this is virtually over and though it's sad tht those who hav gone during this horrid outbreak let's all try look forward to the last 6 months of the year getting back to normal

Reactions: spotanjo3

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Stop being a misery by July let's all hope this is virtually over and though it's sad tht those who hav gone during this horrid outbreak let's all try look forward to the last 6 months of the year getting back to normal
You have a strong faith in humanity don't you?
I don't really think this will be over by July, let alone hoping for it.
Pretending that this situation it's not a problem, won't make it disappear.

I agree that we have to live normally, I do, and I don't panic at all. But everyone cancelling every fucking event because of COVID-IOT 19 is completely useless.
Not because we're all enclosed on our homes it'll mean that WHOOSH, VIRUS NEVER EXISTED.

The virus is here to stay.
Also... I heard somewhere that China just got YET ANOTHER NEW VIRUS, only that it's transmitted by poop and animal wastes.

This is completely off-topic... but why the fuck the DO I HAVE TO SUFFER THE CONSECUENCIES THAT THE "chinese culture" HAS BROUGHT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD?

Please don't mind me.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is completely off-topic... but why the fuck the DO I HAVE TO SUFFER THE CONSECUENCIES THAT THE "chinese culture" HAS BROUGHT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD?

Please don't mind me.
Chinese Communist "culture" is affecting many aspects of the world, even democratic republics, due to just how massively large its population is - Chinese corporations can buy shares in Western companies, for example, or just force changes to suit their backwards cultural standards in order for games to be released there.

Remember when Rainbow Six Siege (I think it was) was going to be released in China, and the publisher wanted to edit maps (to remove slot machines - despite loot box macrotransactions, irony - and an overtly-sexual neon sign) and UI elements (to remove skulls and replace them with generic silhouettes) across the entire global release? Yeah, that was cancelled due to customer pushback, but it was still going to happen because of China.

Also you spelled "consequences" wrong.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Because:
1) We're already in it together, regardless of whether you want it or not.
2) The reasons for health crisis are much bigger and more complex than just "Chinise culture screwed everyone over", to the point where pinpointing who's to actually blame is literally impossible. So, instead of going into pointless "NO U, NO U", people accept collective responsibility and deal with it together.

Reactions: JuanMena

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    +2
    "My party doesn't lie!!" ummm politician not lying? Has hell frozen over? lol
    +1
    Tries calling them
    +2
    Reach around and touch someone! AT&T!!!
    +1
    Especially me :D:evil::shy:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol +1