Summer Game Fest returns on June 9

627403037fb2a1474895d8ec_sgf_email.png

With E3 2022 canceled, Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest is positioned to be the dominant showcase for new games, at least for this year. Summer Game Fest was launched in 2020 as an all-digital alternative to E3 and has had a number of high-profile reveals in both years of its existence, including world premieres for Elden Ring and Death Stranding: Director's Cut. Last year, Summer Game Fest was structured as a main "kickoff" show hosted by Keighley with a number of cross-industry reveals, followed by a series events from other publishers, developers and platform holders. This year looks like it will follow a similar structure, with the kickoff show scheduled for June 9 at 11am PST/2pm EST. Keighley also announced that this show will be screened in some IMAX theatres in the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom.

There are only two other events on the schedule right now, though more will be announced later. One is the Tribeca Games Spotlight, an offshoot of the prestigious Tribeca Film Festival, which highlights storytelling, art and innovation in games. "Tribeca champions every frontier in the art of storytelling," reads their official website, "and video games are at the forefront of pushing narrative to ever greater heights." Last year's award went to the recently-released Norco. The other event on the schedule is the previously-announced Xbox & Bethesda Showcase on June 12.

:arrow: Source

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Halo 6?
GEARS 6?
Elder Scrolls 6?
GTA 6?
Technically Halo Infinite is considered 6, unless they are completely retconning Guardians (which they might as well given the fan backlash).

I could see them maybe annouing GTA 6, but only so much as a title will probably be shown off as Rockstar will probably take another two years before they show off anything trailer wise. Perhaps we will most likely get more Starfield footage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.