Hacking The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide: How to Setup the DSTWO

Kasumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question:

On CycloDS, you can name a file something like "autorun.nds" put it in the root of the microSD cart and it will boot immediately, skipping the menu.

On Acekard you can do a similar thing with some ini files. You make can make it remember the last rom played, and have it run that rom immediately, again skipping the menu.

I want to put a rom on the microSD card and have that rom run without any further user interaction. (Showing a loading screen like Acekard and CycloDS both do is fine, point is there should be no extra buttons required between when I tap whatever DStwo is disguising itself as and when the rom I've prechoosen actually runs.)

Can DSTwo do this? Basically, I'm trying to idiot proof the thing to run a single homebrew as simply as possible.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
One short question if anybody knows, tried to find info on my own, but there's too much info.
Any way to set DStwo to boot into games menu, into list with games, rather then pre-menu where I need to first choose games, and then get the list?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
In the _dstwo folder, you can rename the DSGAME.NDS to dstwo.nds (rename or remove the original dstwo.nds) and that will skip the plugin menu and take you to the main EOS.

Personally, i use the Bagplug replacement menu for my dstwo instead of the official eos. Bagplug is similar to akaio in how it looks, and it has cover support and can use argv for direct game booting for some emulators (nesds, doom, a2600 etc).

Reactions: 2 people

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One short question if anybody knows, tried to find info on my own, but there's too much info.
Any way to set DStwo to boot into games menu, into list with games, rather then pre-menu where I need to first choose games, and then get the list?
Yes, having too much info is a problem right now, but I'll try to slim down this monster over the summer.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, having too much info is a problem right now, but I'll try to slim down this monster over the summer.
Man, this is awesome, I found stuff about updating and setting up right away, I found myself stuck only when I tried to find specific thing like jumping over plug-ins menu! Be sure not to remove any info, as this is huge, but VERY helpful. And thanks for maintaining it!

RenegadeXero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys couple last question for about ds2updates... probably.

Lets say that I do update to the latest firmware v1.15 on a never been upgraded dsi (which i think is possible right?). And then I should be able to play my ds2 on my 3ds that is either not upgraded or currently upgraded . So far all of this is what should happen right?

Now lets say that the 3ds comes out with new firmware to which the EOS does not support. Does that mean I have to wait for the latest upgrade on the ds2? and if so CAN I THEN UPGRADE on the 3ds (with firmware that the EOS supports) or do I have to repeat the whole process again where I have to get my friends dsi? (and if so can i use a dsi with current firmware?)

I know Im asking for a lot of justifications but im new at this , and I will be TRULY grateful to whoever responds! Thank you!!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you can run a flash cart, you can update it. The only time you need an older DS (like a non-updated DSi, or a DS/Lite) is when the flash cart won't run in the first place, so you need that in order to run the update.

The DSTwo can get around this issue somewhat, but it's not always possible, so if a new update comes out for the 3DS, don't update it until you update the DSTwo first just to be safe.

guledk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got an little issue with my SCDS2. The hotkey shortcut isn't working while I'm playing Pokemon Conquest. Anyonw know how to solve it?

P

pasc

Isn't it kinda sad how there are no other emus for this card other than the GBA / SNES one... the one homebrewcard that is available even sports a psx emu...

Disappoininting...

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it kinda sad how there are no other emus for this card other than the GBA / SNES one... the one homebrewcard that is available even sports a psx emu...

Disappoininting...
The features on the flashcart, GBA, SNES, Video playback, MAME emulation, and a real time menu with savestates, slow-motion, free cheats, and game guides are all premium. If you don't need all of these features, go with an Acekard 2i or R4i Gold/DSN.

Which DS flashcart has a PSX emulator?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Disappoininting...
The features on the flashcart, GBA, SNES, Video playback, MAME emulation, and a real time menu with savestates, slow-motion, free cheats, and game guides are all premium. If you don't need all of these features, go with an Acekard 2i or R4i Gold/DSN.

Which DS flashcart has a PSX emulator?

iSmart MM

Don't get rid of your PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: