The source code for The Simpsons Hit & Run has supposedly leaked online

1629616825543.png

Gaming leaks and decades-old development files continue to make their way online, appearing suddenly in the form of anonfiles.com uploads. While it's no Nintendo Gigaleak, the latest upload will likely catch the attention of many, as it's the source code for The Simpsons Hit & Run, a well-loved licensed game that fans have been demanding a remake of for years. Posted to 4chan, the folder supposedly contains documents pertaining to the game's development cycle and marketing from Radical Entertainment, alongside the full source code. According to posts, users have been able to successfully compile the source into a playable copy of the game, running on a Windows XP virtual machine.

The leak could possibly lead to fan-made ports to more modern platforms or detailed mods being made for the game. An extensive modpack for the PC version of The Simpsons Hit & Run called Donut Mod has existed for years, while just last week, another fan created an Unreal Engine remake of the first level from the game, complete with Ray Tracing and AI-upscaled graphics.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Windows XP, we meet again. Nice to see you after all this time; seeing you again reminds me of my much simpler youth. It is unfortunate your advanced age has rendered you very vulnerable to infection, though, so as much as it pains me, we must part again, my old friend.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As to quote one Homer Jay Simpson

"WOO-HOO!!!"

Seriously though, I am happy as hell about this news. Hope great things come from it those who are brave enough to use the code.
homer-simpson-woo-hoo.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10