The Sonic Triple Trouble 16-bit fan remake has been released

kfldskf;dsfsdfdsf.png

Sonic Origins may have collected the Blue Blur's initial SEGA Genesis outings, but there are plenty of other classic Sonic games out there. One of which is Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble, a 1994 title for the SEGA Game Gear, which was included in a handful of compilations and on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console in 2012. Triple Trouble featured the first appearance of Nack the Weasel, and had boss fights with Knuckles and Metal Sonic. Though it was received moderately at best at the time of its release, the game has a cult following among Sonic fans.

Which was how Noah Copeland's 16-bit remake of Sonic Triple Trouble came to be. Originally announced as a fan project five years ago, Copeland wanted to take the base of a game "limited by the Game Gear" and flesh it out. Along the way, he recruited artists, and even began remaking and remixing the original tracks in CD quality. Now, his efforts are finally complete, resulting in the release of the game on GameJolt.

The Triple Trouble fan remake isn't a 1:1 re-creation of the title, rather it adds small visual details and gameplay changes, ranging from being able to switch between Sonic and Tails on the fly, having a playable Super Sonic, or even animating in Tails' fear of lightning from the Sonic OVA.

:download: Download the full game, here

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...that applies to EVERY Sonic game.
Triple Trouble was the worst of the 8bit Sonic games.
WDYM, it has the most iconic zones of all the 8bit games and it had the most iconic villains, as well as the most unique gameplay concepts and mechanics. A remake like this was exactly needed to expose the game's true potential and now it's a must play in my eyes. I love how outright seamless the zone transitions are, there isn't a single loading zone.. it's all amazing.
With this fan remake, i genuinely see no reason to replay the original.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WDYM, it has the most iconic zones of all the 8bit games and it had the most iconic villains, as well as the most unique gameplay concepts and mechanics. A remake like this was exactly needed to expose the game's true potential and now it's a must play in my eyes. I love how outright seamless the zone transitions are, there isn't a single loading zone.. it's all amazing
While I certainly agree that the original Sonic TT had plenty of potential, I don't think it's zones or villains are "the most iconic" - that honor falls to the original run of releases on the Megadrive.
As for it's 'unique gameplay concepts and mechanics'... that's exactly why it's widely regarded as the weakest of the 8bit Sonics.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I certainly agree that the original Sonic TT had plenty of potential, I don't think it's zones or villains are "the most iconic" - that honor falls to the original run of releases on the Megadrive.
As for it's 'unique gameplay concepts and mechanics'... that's exactly why it's widely regarded as the weakest of the 8bit Sonics.
Also lets be real, no one cares about the Sonic Game Gear games, especially when Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2,3 & Knuckles exist.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sh!t, my lil nephews are the biggest Sonic fans. They're definitely gonna love this.
After performing some testing, I regret I wasted my time on this project. The lack of a user interface, poor resolution scaling and no controller support renders this project a makeshift, pixelated mess.

Last edited by urbanman2004,

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta disagree.

The animation looks so buttery smooth.

It's been a couple of years since I watched that demo, and I just get taken aback by the amount of care and attention to detail the devs put on display. It really does bring tears of joy as to how it struck a chord w/ me, bringing back so much childhood nostalgia and memories the way it all comes together: the remixed stage tracks, the modernized art style, and even the animations from NPCs and throughout the stages... It's all aesthetically pleasing which is why resonates w/ me so much and I'm pretty sure this can be said for a majority of people. That's just way too much drip and polish for it to be a fan-made project; I literally get lost in the sauce regarding its presentation 😍😁💯🔥

For those who haven't been keeping up, the last update given a/b the project was made back in 2020 if I recall correctly:
https://www.sonicstadium.org/2020/09/unseen-original-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-artwork-hits-the-internet/

Reactions: Marc_LFD

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Download it now before Sega sees it as a threat to Origins

It's been a couple of years since I watched that demo, and I just get taken aback by the amount of care and attention to detail the devs put on display. It really does bring tears of joy as to how it struck a chord w/ me, bringing back so much childhood nostalgia and memories the way it all comes together: the remixed stage tracks, the modernized art style, and even the animations from NPCs and throughout the stages... It's all aesthetically pleasing which is why resonates w/ me so much and I'm pretty sure this can be said for a majority of people. That's just way too much drip and polish for it to be a fan-made project; I literally get lost in the sauce regarding its presentation 😍😁💯🔥

For those who haven't been keeping up, the last update given a/b the project was made back in 2020 if I recall correctly:
https://www.sonicstadium.org/2020/09/unseen-original-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-artwork-hits-the-internet/

Internal drama and a source code thief made sure that this was never complete.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download it now before Sega sees it as a threat to Origins
Sega aren't Nintendo. They virtually never take down fan stuff, especially with Sonic, where they've gone on record multiple times to say they're cool with fan works:

1659562414320.png

1659562588767.png

Internal drama and a source code thief made sure that this was never complete.
It got cancelled in like 2013 for those reasons, the project was restarted with a new engine and dev team since then, development's just been slow.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not half bad i must say. i wish SEGA had the balls to bring THE WHOLE DAMN LIBRARY into the 2020s.

sure they just did origins.... but those games have already seen rerelease.

cyberlink420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega's not going to take it down. They've always been cool with fan projects as long as they're not for profit, and they've said as much.

On that note, I've been looking forward to this for years, and it's great to see it finally finished. Gonna set aside some time to play it tonight.

HyperShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
sonic 2 for game gear/sega master system is the worst IMO... still i wonder if there's a sonic chaos fan made game...
You should check out Sonic 3 SMS Timelines .... A very ambitious project by Joao Araya that's the third installment of his game gear remakes. Sonic 1 and 2 SMS remakes are great, with lots of fun features and animations included. Timelines has Sonic Chaos as a base but seems to be turning into much more than a remake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated