The Sonic the Hedgehog movie sequel will release April 2022

sanic.png

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie is the little film that could. Following the initial announcement and its uncanny valley CGI Sonic, the movie revamped Sonic's design into one that fans much preferred, and after a slight delay, it managed to finally release in theaters earlier this year, surpassing Detective Pikachu as the most successful video game movie opening of all time. It took three months after its launch for Paramount to greenlight a sequel, which now has a release date. Movie Sonic's voice actor, Ben Schwartz confirmed that "Sonic 2" would be making its way to theaters on April 8, 2022. The same team who worked on "Sonic the Hedgehog" will return again to pen the script, and with Schwartz's involvement, it's likely we'll see some of the acting cast return as well.

:arrow: Source

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Go tails!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OBJECTION!

This is you:

I wonder how many oscars the first one will win simply by virtue of being the only movie to release this year. :lol:

Maybe, due to how much of a society we live in, and by virtue of it almost being a documentary for 2020, this will get the nomination:

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This is you:

If you say so...

Anyway, ignoring your comment obviously meant to ridicule me (which by the way, tells a lot about you not me, and i will not stoop to your level to react, if that's what you expected) ....i can tell you one thing, ACTUALLY related to this topic:

So....I'm happy to see new sonic movie being in the making.

Even if it's not the best, it's good enough for me. The first one i mean...
i hope second will actually be about sonic stuff.

As said above, at least it's not Super Mario movie.

Last edited by MetoMeto,

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was really excited for this but then I remembered that certain Yellow devil's studio was making a certain plumber movie for that year....

Now I'm legitimately worried about it

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

janrobertson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Loved the first movie and looking forward for the second one. It was good to see Jim Carey on the screen again, he is just brilliant.

Coyote_Mao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
...but Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik? I still think that was a poor decision on the movie makers.
And yet many claim that his performance was one of the highlights of the movie for them. Personally, I agree that he didn't quite match the traditional depiction of Dr. Eggman in games and other media, but Carrie's portrayal of the character was still entertaining and felt like a nice little callback to the style of comedy most prevalent in the 90s~early 2000s. It was a decent reimagining of the mad scientist we all know and - hopefully - love. :)
As for the sequel, I was really afraid they would screw the first film up and it worked out well in the end. Now I'm even more worried about how the sequel might turn out, so... Perhaps they will pull through with this one as well? Looking forward to it with cautious optimism. :unsure:

Reactions: matpower

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe this time Robotnik will use Sonic's rejected design to chase the Sonic we saw in the movie :)))

Bl4aze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie is the little film that could. Following the initial announcement and its uncanny valley CGI Sonic, the movie revamped Sonic's design into one that fans much preferred, and after a slight delay, it managed to finally release in theaters earlier this year, surpassing Detective Pikachu as the most successful video game movie opening of all time. It took three months after its launch for Paramount to greenlight a sequel, which now has a release date. Movie Sonic's voice actor, Ben Schwartz confirmed that "Sonic 2" would be making its way to theaters on April 8, 2022. The same team who worked on "Sonic the Hedgehog" will return again to pen the script, and with Schwartz's involvement, it's likely we'll see some of the acting cast return as well.

:arrow: Source
oh lord

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated