The Sonic the Hedgehog movie sequel will release April 2022

sanic.png

The Sonic the Hedgehog movie is the little film that could. Following the initial announcement and its uncanny valley CGI Sonic, the movie revamped Sonic's design into one that fans much preferred, and after a slight delay, it managed to finally release in theaters earlier this year, surpassing Detective Pikachu as the most successful video game movie opening of all time. It took three months after its launch for Paramount to greenlight a sequel, which now has a release date. Movie Sonic's voice actor, Ben Schwartz confirmed that "Sonic 2" would be making its way to theaters on April 8, 2022. The same team who worked on "Sonic the Hedgehog" will return again to pen the script, and with Schwartz's involvement, it's likely we'll see some of the acting cast return as well.

:arrow: Source

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic movie was fine. The writing of detective pikachu was better, but that's with the context of how caged in the 3ds game was.

It was a given the studio was hoping to inspire enough for a sequel. Disappointed it won't be the same studio, because big studios like paramount think less than notjing of the vfx houses they contract with, unless it's an outlier like Pixar or ILM that had years of strong backing to get their street cred.

D

Deleted User

So whatever, I repeat, WHATEVER they release, promote, push, push, push in your face it will spin cash in 7 plus figure$ easily, it's all about exposure, space, marketing.

Welcome to the grand Freudian/Bernaysian dystopia my dear friend.

Have you heard of this south african priestress who, around the end of the nineteenth century, manage to convince her cow breeder tribe that eating meat was bad and that they would become deities if they released their herds ? Only a few of them survived starvation.

Clever people are always far less persuasive than smart and manipulative ones.
Even Morooka in Persona 4 gives this kind of lecture to his students (Rise's chapter), but hey, who cares, he's a moron after all.

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The first movie was entertaining enough, I'll check this one out eventually.

Jim Carry did a good Eggman, but it was weird with him not being.. egg shaped. I think Henry Zebrowski (seen in Your Pretty Face, Last Podcast, etc) would be an amazing Eggman.

Reactions: MetoMeto

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to the sequel my little guy loved it, and the sequel will be geared more towards older fans with the expanded cast and morphing of a particular character

Now I’m wondering when Paramount and Hasbro will do a GI:JOE Transformers crossover keeping the fingers crossed the Snake Eyes movie is good

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I don't see we have a better Sonic movie... Until someone makes it, this is great entertainment and addition, especially to Sonic fans.
It's not like its a Super Mario movie...

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The first movie was entertaining enough, I'll check this one out eventually.

Jim Carry did a good Eggman, but it was weird with him not being.. egg shaped. I think Henry Zebrowski (seen in Your Pretty Face, Last Podcast, etc) would be an amazing Eggman.
I think in a second movie he will be bold and fat...and crazier... i mean at the end of a first one you can see all the little hints to a sequel.
Also whay i think why this movie looked like this is to kinda introduce him slowly without being to much weird. Humans, and regular eggman that looks like a normal human is more digestable to casual audience till they see slow transition to actual characters and plot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5