• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FPwQUVdWQAA1UT3

Finally all it took was thousands of Ukrainian lives in 4 weeks.
now I'm just waiting for the Security Council

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I dont think the Russian soldiers killed all the civillians by taking orders
Why would a general or a major give orders about that.
They would almost do crap in their pants worring about war crime accusations. Hopefully they would

Maybe in the beginning of the war they were told to do
but now things have gone out of control
I initially agreed with you. But remember how those generals communicate over plain cell phones and walkie talkies?
Well... Their underlings don't have better security. And they were listened to. And intercepted.

German intelligence(1) confirms that it were indeed exactly that. These weren't soldiers going rogue but following orders from their superiors.

I don't think they worry too much about war crime accusations right now.

(1): meaning : the number of instances confirming what took place grows even more

Reactions: Aerocool

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I initially agreed with you. But remember how those generals communicate over plain cell phones and walkie talkies?
Well... Their underlings don't have better security. And they were listened to. And intercepted.

German intelligence(1) confirms that it were indeed exactly that. These weren't soldiers going rogue but following orders from their superiors.

I don't think they worry too much about war crime accusations right now.

(1): meaning : the number of instances confirming what took place grows even more
Today i heard in the news that war crimes happen on both sides
the only difference is that Russia denies all that happened
but Ukraine takes responsibility and want to investigate the accusations

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know this was possible.
yea these are last resort options,
Some are saying it might cause WWIII but it does not seem likely as the Russian army has overplayed its hand and lost the Respect and fear of world. Military might has been be lacking to the point a Non- Nuclear War with US ...Heck ....Cananda ( not a knock as Cananda has become a Military badass) would over power Russia

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
A lot of Russians don't dare to speak their mind. It's back to the CCCP days where your neigbour can tattle on you.
Yes i know but a lot of russians dont speak up because they are afraid i think
They might say they dont care but the truth sometime speak otherwise

Just my opinion but im mabye a little naive on the russians

Last edited by UnderJinx,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so Putin Considers civilians fleeing by Train to be miliarty targets.

but of Course the Kremlin is saying these are Ukrianian propaganda and Claiming there are no dead as this are dummies.
Russian TV then shows people in uniform positioning Dummys in a Super Cropped Video so you don't see the surroundings.

But of course the video of the Dummy as from March 20 showing fall from windows FILMED IN RUSSIA

"Director Nadezhda Kolobaeva: “The video with the mannequin was made during the filming of the series in Russia: “It was on March 20 that we filmed a fall from the window for the series in Vsevolozhsk, this is our stunt coordinator with an assistant preparing Albertik for shooting!”

Yet the "Anti-MSM" are still sucking on Kremlin TV teet.

Reactions: Aerocool and Xzi

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pretty much sums up how I feel at this point. It's actually getting boring talking about Ukraine now, and people are getting more and more retarded with the "support" they're giving to them. It's just an invasion made by a former KGB now leader of a country lunatic who doesn't want a punch of pussy nations and leaders (NATO) right at his doorstep so he invaded a country run by a glorifies crisis actor (it's true, he was an actor before he became president of Ukraine, look it up). Do I approve of his actions? Hell no. But I'm not gonna care about a conflict halfway across the world when our own nation has a list of problems the size of our own border wall.

If you wanna support Ukraine so much and hate Putin, then go buy one of those "mass killing" AR-15 rifles you hate so much and go over there and kick some kremlin ass. (Although I advise against doing so, considering how that worked out when redditors decided to join the fight) But just keep stroking your ego to "support Ukraine".

"But they're committing war crimes and sending in portable furnaces to cover it up!" I really don't care if the troops were skinning people alive and dipping them in battery acid for shits and giggles. No one cares about drug trafficking, sex trafficking which does involve children, persecution of Uyghur Muslims in China, and a whole lot of other shit that's happening around the world, but I have to stop what I'm doing to care about this specific instance of people this time. I pray for the civilians to come out of this safely over there, but it's not something we need to get involved in.

"B-B-B-B-B-But they're literally killing civilians!." Dude, it's' a war. Civilians are going to get caught in the cross hairs unintentionally or not. I'd be more surprised if no civilian casualties were reported.

"B-B-B-B-B-But Putin is a lateral nazi monster!" And Ukraine has the Azov battalion which started way back in 2014, long before any of this started, and is still active today, but most likely are being hidden to avoid negative press, so it's not just a recent thing that was just made up, they've been active for a few years now and no one had a problem with them for all that time despite the rightly justified hate for Nazi's in general (which should extent to any extremist group really).

We can't even fund to re-open the restaurants and and help people get their lively hood back from the unjust covid restrictions, but we do have enough to send $15 billion dollars and more just for another country across the Atlantic. Makes sense, right. That's fair. Another simple problem we can't solve in our own country, but we can in other countries.

Honestly, I'm really tired about hearing Ukraine. This battle is really dragging now, and it's personally gotten boring to me. So let me know when Putin does his fortnite dance in the ashes of Ukraine when he takes it over.

• Angry
Reactions: Aerocool

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes. You're a real stand-up human being, aren't you?
Not any more than you or the others on this site. I was ranting a bit, but eh. If no one cares about killing babies inside the womb, even literally after their just born in some cases, I shouldn't care about Ukrainians half way across the world (and I'm just using that as an example, not to sprout another argument about it that's irrelevant to this thread, so I'm leaving it at that). Also pointing out the apparent selective concern about some human rights abuses but not others.

Last edited by BitMasterPlus,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you were just straight-up expressing support for ethnic cleansing and/or genocide. See a therapist.
Oh yes, I can't wait to see all those Ukrainians dye. I like how you equate what I said about me not caring between the conflict of two shit nations killing each other across the ocean from my country to straight up genocide. Eat my ass fuckface. Why don't YOU stop being so fake?

Last edited by BitMasterPlus,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, you were just straight-up expressing support for ethnic cleansing and/or genocide. See a therapist.
To be fair, he's right that nobody seems to care as much about the ethnic cleansing of Uyghurs in China, or the genocide by Saudis in Yemen. At least, I've never seen anywhere near as much news coverage let alone any attempts at intervention.

Aerocool

Man in a Box
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be fair, he's right that nobody seems to care as much about the ethnic cleansing of Uyghurs in China, or the genocide by Saudis in Yemen. At least, I've never seen anywhere near as much news coverage let alone any attempts at intervention.
Because apparently nobody cared about the Uighurs (which isn’t true btw) it’s okay when people get killed? Ever heard of the word empathy?

Reactions: KingVamp and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, I can't wait to see all those Ukrainians dye. I like how you equate what I said about me not caring between the conflict of two shit nations killing each other across the ocean from my country to straight up genocide. Eat my ass fuckface. Why don't YOU stop being so fake?
Precisely the type of anger issues you need to see a therapist for. For someone who "doesn't care," the very concept of having empathy for others sure seems to trigger you hard.

To be fair, he's right that nobody seems to care as much about the ethnic cleansing of Uyghurs in China, or the genocide by Saudis in Yemen.
I posted a thread about the abhorrent treatment of the Uyghurs literally years ago, before BitMasterPlus was even aware of the issue I'm sure. People don't talk about Yemen much because there's fuck all we can do about it, both Saudi Arabia and Iran are in a much better position to intervene, should either actually care to. Also, nobody should have to spell out the reasons why a world power like Russia invading a sovereign nation and targeting civilians for cold-blooded execution is news worthy.

Last edited by Xzi,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: AncientBoi might be interested lol +1