Gaming The Rating is in...

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my copy of Nintendo Power today, and when I got to the reviews, I was shocked to see the new advance wars there. Their rating is an 8.5. The only gripe i could find in what they said is that you kind of have to play the story their way. But this game isnt about the story for me, its all about that great Wi-Fi gameplay. The only difference from local to WFC is the number of players, which was to be expected. They didn't specify how many could play online, but I assume 4 at once. Just a heads up to fellow GBATempers!

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how its going to be. You know, in Advance Wars by Web its a nightmare just to pull a few turns off, let alone finish an entire map. Takes ages! You basically need to be in voice/chat contact with the other players the entire time, to make sure people take their turns in a timely fashion. I once played an 8 person map which required people to commit to checking their turns once every couple hours; we finished, but only after 3 people retired and one guy took a 2 day break only to come back and say "oh hi sorry guys"

Is there a time limit on your turns? I cant imagine playing bigger maps, ESPECIALLY symmetrical maps, with more than one person. Then again, I am not the type of person to afford 4-5 hours in one sitting devoted to playing one game, online. Maybe a couple of hours.

Granted, AWBW is more of a casual approach to Advance Wars. I just puzzle myself puzzled all over the place about this, its driving me nuts. I guess I wont know until I try it. Time limits would be about the only way to make sure you're not sitting there, waiting on the other player to move his only unit (*infantry*) 3 spaces to capture his first city. I seriously doubt I could venture into competitive online play. I'm sure it will be totaled and ruined by the first few days, just like DQM:J was, one guy and his gameshark took over the top 100 in a day or so. Not my cup of tea, wading through seas of hackers.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just going to play with friends, and im sure GBATemp will have a non-cheating community, and we can black list cheaters.

Requisite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Argh, I cannot wait for its release.
I am an avid fan of the Advance wars series, although I never touch campaign.
It is very fun to do with friends while waiting for something, or someone.
The one thing I do not like about what I have seen of AW: Days of Ruin, is the unit angle. I absolutely detest it. Why place units diagonally? Really.

Requisite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.