Homebrew The Official Noob Q & A Thread!

Was this thread helpful?

• Yes

• Sort of

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SANNIC789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you back up the NINTENDO3DS folder then update ironfall and then restore the old game back well the 3DS block that ID from runing and wen u reastore EVRYTHING and if you use the files in the dbs wen you update and reastore evrything back and dont restore the dbs keep the new 1 that got updated well it stell work?

Last edited by SANNIC789,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you back up the NINTENDO3DS folder then update ironfall and then restore the old game back well the 3DS block that ID from runing and wen u reastore EVRYTHING and if you use the files in the dbs wen you update and reastore evrything back and dont restore the dbs keep the new 1 that got updated well it stell work?
That's basically just saying, "Can I transfer a game to another console?" The only way to do so is system transfer, unless you are below 9.3. Otherwise, we would also be able to just have one big "SD Card" on Dropbox, with the files for every game in the 3DS library. Copying the dbs won't matter.There is a way, however, to transfer save files from 1 3DS (Or the internet) to another, as long as they both have the same game, and have firmware 6.0.0 or higher, even if you don't have access to homebrew on either.

Last edited by GalladeGuy,

SANNIC789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's basically just saying, "Can I transfer a game to another console?" The only way to do so is system transfer, unless you are below 9.3. Otherwise, we would also be able to just have one big "SD Card" on Dropbox, with the files for every game in the 3DS library. Copying the dbs won't matter.There is a way, however, to transfer save files from 1 3DS (Or the internet) to another, as long as they both have the same game, and have firmware 6.0.0 or higher, even if you don't have access to homebrew on either.
um its on 1 3DS agen i update the game from e-shop and then restore it from backup on pc or something named old on sd card well it work

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a way, however, to transfer save files from 1 3DS (Or the internet) to another, as long as they both have the same game, and have firmware 6.0.0 or higher, even if you don't have access to homebrew on either.
noob question: How is that done?

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um its on 1 3DS agen i update the game from e-shop and then restore it from backup on pc or something named old on sd card well it work
You were basically just asking if you could make a backup of your game and your dbs, format your 3DS, and then put the dbs back in. That is essentially the same as saying "Can I backup a game and put it on another console?" Not to mention how many errors you would get if you tried to modify ticket.db. Sorry, it just doesn't work like that. (Also, you really need to work on your English. I can barely understand you're posts.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will add it to the main post Soon™.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, I meant between SD Cards on the same 3DS. It is entirely possible that it works between different 3DS's, but I doubt it. For transferring between 3DS's, you are going to need homebrew on both to use SVDT. Also, triple post merge!

Reactions: Seriel

SANNIC789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You were basically just asking if you could make a backup of your game and your dbs, format your 3DS, and then put the dbs back in. That is essentially the same as saying "Can I backup a game and put it on another console?" Not to mention how many errors you would get if you tried to modify ticket.db. Sorry, it just doesn't work like that. (Also, you really need to work on your English. I can barely understand you're posts.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------372915"]

o relly so it well block the not updated game from runing if i do update hm well what if i use a new sd card and updated the game on that well it steel work? on the old sd card

Last edited by SANNIC789,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o relly so it well block the not updated game from runing if i do update hm well what if i use a new sd card and updated the game on that well it steel work? on the old sd card
Let me just quote the forum rules here:

uk.gif
us.gif
as.gif
ca.gif
- We are an English speaking community. Please post in legible English ONLY.

It doesn't matter if you are speaking English if nobody can understand it.

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! right now I have menuhax(or themehax) on 10.1 .

I'm planning to get the physical cartridge to get an additional entry point (i believe it's either cubic ninja/zelda/super smash bros).
My questions are:
1. Is it a good idea to get another entry point like this? honestly i couldnt care less about gaining access to eshop, id rather not being able to access it than not being able to access homebrew.
2. which one out of those 3 is the safest method or the better ones?
3. about zelda, so lets just say that i managed to install it with powersave via injecting the save files. Do i have to use that zelda's cartridge everytime i wanna access homebrew? what if im trying to modify other cartridge's files with homebrew?

Thank you for opening this thread, sorry if my questions are too much. I dont want to lose my current access point but i want backup, even thinking of getting a spare second hand 3ds if i have to.

D

Deleted User

Hi! right now I have menuhax(or themehax) on 10.1 .

I'm planning to get the physical cartridge to get an additional entry point (i believe it's either cubic ninja/zelda/super smash bros).
My questions are:
1. Is it a good idea to get another entry point like this? honestly i couldnt care less about gaining access to eshop, id rather not being able to access it than not being able to access homebrew.
2. which one out of those 3 is the safest method or the better ones?
3. about zelda, so lets just say that i managed to install it with powersave via injecting the save files. Do i have to use that zelda's cartridge everytime i wanna access homebrew? what if im trying to modify other cartridge's files with homebrew?

Thank you for opening this thread, sorry if my questions are too much. I dont want to lose my current access point but i want backup, even thinking of getting a spare second hand 3ds if i have to.
1 - I think it's okay to just get one.
2 - OOT, since CN costs more than it should, and Smashhax has been patched and is a kinda difficult way to get HB access.
3 - If I get what you're saying, I'm pretty sure the cartridge only has to be in when you load the Homebrew Launcher, and you can take it out once it's been loaded.

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 - I think it's okay to just get one.
2 - OOT, since CN costs more than it should, and Smashhax has been patched and is a kinda difficult way to get HB access.
3 - If I get what you're saying, I'm pretty sure the cartridge only has to be in when you load the Homebrew Launcher, and you can take it out once it's been loaded.

Yeap thats exactly what I mean! so when im inside homebrew launcher later, just remove the OOT cartridge and put in whatever it is that ill be using?

Also, is OoT have a specific firmware requirement? such as it only works on certain o3ds but not n3ds? or it works even on the latest o3ds and n3ds? thanks again for answering!

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Yeap thats exactly what I mean! so when im inside homebrew launcher later, just remove the OOT cartridge and put in whatever it is that ill be using?

Also, is OoT have a specific firmware requirement? such as it only works on certain o3ds but not n3ds? or it works even on the latest o3ds and n3ds? thanks again for answering!
I think OOT works on both o3DS and n3DS. I'm not 100% sure though.
EDIT: Like, the homebrew thing.

Last edited by ,

Olivil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to install oot3dhax in a way that i keep a slot to actually play the game? (under 10.3 if that changes anything)

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install oot3dhax in a way that i keep a slot to actually play the game? (under 10.3 if that changes anything)
Yes. All you have to do is install it normally. It only takes up one save slot I believe. Its Ironhax and Ninjhax that take up all of the save file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol