• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The NZ Shooting

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 12,249
  • Replies 105
  • Likes 2

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was also alot of weird stuff going on with him in october of last year, he visited pakistan, one of the residents posted this on facebook (pages have since been removed after people discovered them)

fI5tqhc.jpg

TaV5Dd2.png

Yeah this is definitely something untold here. I'm not jumping to conclusions without knowledge, but going from this^ to psychopathic hatred for Muslims emigrating to NZ in just 6 months' time doesn't pass the smell test.

Reactions: weatMod

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The piece of shit wasn't even from NZ and he was complaining about an "invasion." I can't imagine NZ's immigration rate was very high to begin with, and it'll be even lower now.

He also thought that NZ passing more restrictive gun laws would stir up a massive controversy, but there's no radical right-wing gun protectorate in NZ, so the new restrictions are getting fast-tracked virtually unopposed. This is what happens when too many morons worship at the altar of ignorance, people start shooting up buildings without even knowing why themselves.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12213197

Of course there's a politician (Australian one in this case) at the ready to victim blame.

"However, while this kind of violent vigilantism can never be justified, what it highlights is
the growing fear within our community, both in Australia and New Zealand, of the increasing Muslim presence.

"As always, left-wing politicians and the media will rush to claim that the causes of today's shootings lie with gun laws or those who hold nationalist views but this is all clichéd nonsense.

"The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration programme which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place

For the record, I find this statement disgusting.

Reactions: CallmeBerto and Xzi

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
For sure this guy didn't work alone, there are many racist people in the world but they didn't even hurt a fly, and this guy become racist and full of hate suddenly and suddenly he owns many weapons and start shooting people for something it didn't even hurt him?
Now who's the real people behind this attack? For sure we won't know, because no matter how much I hate this guy and wish him dead in a very horrible way for what he did, I still cannot remove the idea from my mind that he is just another victim or a puppet for someone else, no one can do that without a good reason, and all reasons they mentioned are just silly.

Reactions: zft

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thread title change to The New Zealand terrorist attack please.

And due to all of this, the gun laws in NZ are going to change. Something about this whole story feels like it's missing a piece, like, there was an internet outage, NZ revising their gun laws and he announced he was going to carry out an attack and livestreamed it like a friggin' game. Maybe it's just coincidence, who knows.

The gun used was legal. When 70+ people get shot with a legally registered firearm in a terrorist attack, reevaluating gun laws is an absolutely basic requirement from a responsible government. Fortunately, New Zealand has a responsible leader in Jacinda Ardern.

He mentioned "subscribe to PewDiePie" and now PDP is in trouble because of this scumbag despite that Pewds isn't responsible what strangers do or say, in his or someone else's name. He did in fact say he wanted to cause chaos and that's what's occurring.

PewDiePie is trash and has happily engaged in some appaling shit (see anti-semitism) and in his toxic fanbase. I'm not proclaiming he's a white supremacist who wants violence against ethnic minorities but I will say the guy is a piece of shit.

For sure this guy didn't work alone, there are many racist people in the world but they didn't even hurt a fly, and this guy become racist and full of hate suddenly and suddenly he owns many weapons and start shooting people for something it didn't even hurt him?
Now who's the real people behind this attack? For sure we won't know, because no matter how much I hate this guy and wish him dead in a very horrible way for what he did, I still cannot remove the idea from my mind that he is just another victim or a puppet for someone else, no one can do that without a good reason, and all reasons they mentioned are just silly.

Do not describe him as a victim, he's a terrorist. At least 49 people were killed by him, they were victims. Explain what you mean by 'without a good reason?' Everything about the guy is screaming far right and sadly we live in a toxic environment where hate and division is being encouraged by those in positions of authority. This guy is no different than someone who joins IS. Different skin colour, same irrational hatred.

I'm not surprised at this and I fully expect more of these attacks. There have been the Mosque attacks in Montreal and London, the Church shootings in Charlestown and the Synagogue shooting in Pittsburg, not even looking into the rates of hate crime. We're living in an age of hate where appaling cunts are getting into positions of power by politicising and taking advantage of insecurity and this is the result. And the result of this is the emboldening of the Far Right to engage in terrorism. It's made me sick seeing people engage in this divisionary bollocks and inflaming the fire and then after people are killed, they pull out the hate is wrong bollocks. The Aussie PM, Scott Morrison is a great example of this, he and his party have been happy to engage in inflammatory bullshit for votes and now he's standing up against it. Or alternatively the Far Right fuckos like Milo who and Tommy Robinson, purveyors of hate speech who portray themselves as defenders of free speech. And we have the media who seem to love giving these people a voice which in turn in indoctrinates more people. Newsnight ( a 'respected' current affairs program) invited on Generation Identity, a group of Far Right extremists, onto their broadcast to talk about the shooting which is not appropriate.

Fortunately, there is good out there, I've always liked Jacinda Arden but she's come across as amazing in the aftermath of this. She's shown compassion, she's called out for what it is, a terrorist attack and she's doing something about it by tightening the gun laws.

I'm a brown twentysomething guy with a clear Muslim name and I've grown up in the post 9/11 world and the older I get, the more I realise how tragic the consequences 9/11 was and the moronic actions after that. I'm actually getting sick of this hate and extremist sympathy bollocks.

Reactions: gizmomelb and Bil

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
toxic fanbase
Toxic = still a word that only means "something our group doenst like so we dont talk about". Please dont use if possible. Use something that describes the issue you are talking about instead.

People simply use toxic because they want to show that they are angry without having to think about why.

Other than that I agree with your posting, its just the use of the word I dont like. :)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Toxic = still a word that only means "something our group doenst like so we dont talk about". Please dont use if possible. Use something that describes the issue you are talking about instead.

People simply use toxic because they want to show that they are angry without having to think about why.

Other than that I agree with your posting, its just the use of the word I dont like. :)

Don't put words in my mouth and imply I meant something else. I used toxic purposefully because there are elements of his fanbase which are toxic.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Do not describe him as a victim, he's a terrorist. At least 49 people were killed by him, they were victims. Explain what you mean by 'without a good reason?' Everything about the guy is screaming far right and sadly we live in a toxic environment where hate and division is being encouraged by those in positions of authority. This guy is no different than someone who joins IS. Different skin colour, same irrational hatred.
Looks like you didn't read my post clearly, for sure he is a terrorist for killing all those people, but did he do it willingly? No one supported him? No one forced him? Did he plan this attack from 2 years?
A simple hate is not not a reason to mass murder innocent people, they didn't harm him in anyway to hate them in the first place, immigration didn't effect his job or his family, suddenly he become racist, suddenly he hates immigration, suddenly he hates Muslims, how and why and when did it all happened? For sure he did the dirty work but who is really behind all this massacre? He is not even suffering from mental illness, he is trained to do this, and he is covering it up for a reason, and his reasons for the mass shooting is just stupid and fake.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw do you know where are victims from? from Tunisia? Marrocco? or from KSA, Qatar?
All I know some of them from KSA, Jordon, India, mixed.

D

Deleted User

OP
Wasnt aware of that, thanks for sharing.
I have a copy. He mentions wanting a white nation for white people and he started this mindset over an islam extremist killing a deaf girl in Auckland.

I only read a small bit, but I didn't see anything about white supremacy like the mainstream media says. Just extreme white nationalism and fear of Islamic extremnists

Last edited by ,

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
The piece of shit wasn't even from NZ and he was complaining about an "invasion." I can't imagine NZ's immigration rate was very high to begin with, and it'll be even lower now.

He also thought that NZ passing more restrictive gun laws would stir up a massive controversy, but there's no radical right-wing gun protectorate in NZ, so the new restrictions are getting fast-tracked virtually unopposed. This is what happens when too many morons worship at the altar of ignorance, people start shooting up buildings without even knowing why themselves.

He quite literally thought the opposite - that firearm owners in New Zealand were already so neutered that additional restrictions would pass unopposed.

Last edited by barronwaffles,
D

Deleted User

OP

Nz infrastructure has actually been struggling to keep up with high immigration rates. It was a topic of the last election.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a copy. He mentions wanting a white nation for white people and he started this mindset over an islam extremist killing a deaf girl in Auckland.

I only read a small bit, but I didn't see anything about white supremacy like the mainstream media says. Just extreme white nationalism and fear of Islamic extremnists

Uh.. White nation for white people is pretty much pure white supremacy..

D

Deleted User

OP
White supremacists believe whites are superior to other races. Wanting a safe space for your people is a matter of segregation. There are actually many mono race/cultured nations in Asia, Middle East, South America and Africa.

Reactions: DCG

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

The thing I hate about the media is that they are not telling the truth about the manifesto.

It’s full of contradictory beliefs, he says he wants no part of conservatism because it’s corporatism in disguise, he says he’s not a Christian, he’s an eco-fascist, he has admiration for communist China, and right wing Cadence Owens pushed him to violence over meekness. Then he says the Spyro: Year of the Dragon game taught him ethno nationalism and Fortnite taught him to floss on the corpses. He says subscribe to PewDiePie (obvious trolling). Do you hear about any of this in the media? Of course not. This made me realize how much I hate the media pushing their fake garbage narrative.

And also people are giving him exaclty what he wanted. He wants both political sides to fight over this, it was a massive trolling event on his part. And people are taking the bait, he knows how deep people are into their ideological beliefs and will fight for their side over this. He’s trying to manipulate and people are giving him want he wants.

The media is is trying to find someone to blame, moslty blaming right wing people. Saying the guys is a trump maga conservative supporter. They’re even blamming Tommy Robibison, and Clinton. Because she said anti Semitism is bad, and that caused the problems we’re seeing. These people are crazy. They are insane in their beliefs, they rationalize it in crazy ways. People are using this as, see my ideological beliefs aren't crazy look what conservatism does.

They used an event where innocent people died to push their ideological beliefs and to get people on their side. Can they give their stupid ideology a rest at least for a bit. The media is manipulative using emotion against people, and they don’t even know the full story themselves on why the guy killed, with his contradictory manifesto, but they still push a false narrative.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: DCG

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
It’s full of contradictory beliefs, he says he wants no part of conservatism because it’s corporatism in disguise, he says he’s not a Christian, he’s an eco-fascist, he has admiration for communist China, and right wing Cadence Owens pushed him to violence over meekness. Then he says the Spyro: Year of the Dragon game taught him ethno nationalism and Fortnite taught him to floss on the corpses. He says subscribe to PewDiePie (obvious trolling). Do you hear about any of this in the media? Of course not. This made me realize how much I hate the media pushing their fake garbage narrative.
Alternatively, all of these things clearly indicate that the NZ shooter was motivated by chan culture, and about uh.. 100% of all chan culture is extreme right wing/alt-right politically.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Great, so now this thread is about the political motivation of mass shooters.

Not about mental problems, which might be their main motivation.

Who in here wants to talk about the psychology of a mass shooter? Without wanting to drum up politcal motivations to have another round of group mentality fractioning.

What is best A or B? What is best guns, or no guns? What is best dem or rep?

The only thing you never talk about are the issues. Ypu'd rather talk about ideological believes. As if mass shootings in the US now have become part of a new normality...

This thread is rather morbid in that way, you know that?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, this guy pretty much let himself get caught. There is no death penalty, and he says he wants to waste as much gov tax payer money as he can. And he said that he hopes the gov tries to ban guns, so it can sow dissent.

No it's not.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'll start.

Those guys are in the midset of never mattering in their lives. They usually are subject to heavy peer abuse, and neglect. They are outsiders. They are retracting from social interaction, because to them, talking to their peers is one negative experience after the other.

What builds inside them is a power fantasy that makes all this go away, and let their position be heard. Because they have no other frame of getting there, or achieving part of their goals towards recognition, they resort to the only way to get there - namely in a violent outburst.

Then for about a week, after they are dead or get caught, they will matter, and all the people who hurt them personally will be dead. And many others.

Now - whats the political motivation of that guy? Who cares.

Why do we not share their "manifests"? - Because it lets other potential candidates see, that they got the attention they are striving for through violent action.

What can be done about that - Talk to people you see retracting from social interaction within a social setting. No one did in their case.

Also - believe it or not, gun laws. Not to prevent the stuff from happening, but to reduce the fallout.

The - The entire nation is saddened for your loss - part is there for the relatives of the victims, and is part of their overcoming of tragedy - but at the same time it draws in all kinds of useless bystanders, that feel, that this must be a big thing, and want to talk about the shooters political standing and inner most convictions.

You werent there to prevent this from happening, so why are you interested now? Thats morbid curiosity, and nothing else.

You are welcome to copy paste this under every mass shooting posting this forum most likely will come to witness in the future.

Also do me a favor, and dont lead this in with "I think he hurt pew die pie with this" the next time around.

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.