Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

mishydishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody help me with the music player for M3 Sakura? When I play certain songs, they are either MUCH slower, or come out of only the left earphone, or both. I read somewhere that it has something to do with the bitrate with Moonshell being able to play the songs, but does anybody know how to fix it?
Also, the application ComicBookDS does not seem to load. The loading bar shows, and I get 2 white screens.
I'm very happy with Moonshell except for those two issues, you guys did an awesome job translating it.
Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Alright, I fixed both problems, and now I have another. I followed the instructions for NDS-GBA Linkage, using GBAexploader, and SoftReset.m3ds. HOwever, when I follow the instructions, the program does not reboot to the M3 Sakura GUI, it just boots to 2 black screens. Any help please?

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Q: Is there a workaround for ROMs and homebrew that won't run in Sakura?
A: For ROM compatibility issues with M3 Sakura, overwrite the file "startnds.ext" with M3 Sakura Service Pack 01 (right-click and save-as). It will fix some games, but not all. You can also try using the Triple Loader to boot into the old M3 Real firmware and run your homebrew/ROMs that way, or use Flashcart OS (tip submitted by strata8). This version of iTouchDS (v1.8x) (hacked by Rudolph) should fix all homebrew compatibility issues, and is in English. Just copy all of the files into the root of your MicroSD card, and hold Y when turning on your DS to boot into iTouchDS, and run your homebrew from there.

Read the topic your posting in...
tongue.gif

alejo0121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mishydishy said:
Can somebody help me with the music player for M3 Sakura? When I play certain songs, they are either MUCH slower, or come out of only the left earphone, or both. I read somewhere that it has something to do with the bitrate with Moonshell being able to play the songs, but does anybody know how to fix it?
Also, the application ComicBookDS does not seem to load. The loading bar shows, and I get 2 white screens.
I'm very happy with Moonshell except for those two issues, you guys did an awesome job translating it.
Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Alright, I fixed both problems, and now I have another. I followed the instructions for NDS-GBA Linkage, using GBAexploader, and SoftReset.m3ds. HOwever, when I follow the instructions, the program does not reboot to the M3 Sakura GUI, it just boots to 2 black screens. Any help please?

How did you fix the MP3 issue, I'm having the same problem here

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the newest skin for Sakura, "Sakuratronic" and I will say it is AWESOME! It's all green and radioactivey and stuff.

On the first page is says it's "Coming Soon"... I hope it is changed soon.

But for now, for anyone else wanting to enjoy it like me, get it here.

treasure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LTK said:
About the M3 Real Triple Loader, when a new firmware is released for one of the three systems you're using, how do you go about updating them, whilst still keeping the triple loader in tact?

i would like to know that too, since the 14th august there is another firmware called 3.9a X, which i want to use with the TRIPLE LOADER. or could rudolph be so kind to update it again?

does ANYONE know why there is still no sign of a official english sakura firmware? and why is the sakura firmware not updated? its all kinda strange. they got such a good software developed, but it isnt really translated or updated, i dont get it.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
treasure said:
LTK said:
About the M3 Real Triple Loader, when a new firmware is released for one of the three systems you're using, how do you go about updating them, whilst still keeping the triple loader in tact?

i would like to know that too, since the 14th august there is another firmware called 3.9a X, which i want to use with the TRIPLE LOADER. or could rudolph be so kind to update it again?

does ANYONE know why there is still no sign of a official english sakura firmware? and why is the sakura firmware not updated? its all kinda strange. they got such a good software developed, but it isnt really translated or updated, i dont get it.

The official Eng Sakura is being worked on right now i believe, no known dates when it will be release. Since its taking this long, i believe it will come out good.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
The official Eng Sakura is being worked on right now i believe, no known dates when it will be release. Since its taking this long, i believe it will come out good.
I'm hoping that's the case, because I'll be disappointed if all they did was translate it.
tongue.gif

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Patience is a virtue. Besides, there's loads of bugs that need to be fixed before Sakura is ready to be released to the English speaking market.

If the M3 team have been paying any attention at all (and I'm sure they have), they're fully aware their customers are clamouring for an official English language version.
After using Sakura for five minutes, it was obvious to me that it has serious potential - it's lightning fast, the smooth scrolling is perfect, it looks great and the gui is so simple, a 5 year old kid can use it effortlessly.

If you think about it from a marketing perspective, the stakes are pretty high. The Cyclo DS has been an incredibly strong seller over the past months. The Acecard 2 is doing very well too, now they've fixed the worst of the bugs. The M3 Real however, is currently being let down badly by clunky software. When the Sakura hype started though, all bets were off. A solid, full featured English release will change that whole ball game. Sakura could quite possibly make the M3 Real the most popular slot 1 card on the market - bar none.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
unz said:
Patience is a virtue. Besides, there's loads of bugs that need to be fixed before Sakura is ready to be released to the English speaking market.

If the M3 team have been paying any attention at all (and I'm sure they have), they're fully aware their customers are clamouring for an official English language version.
After using Sakura for five minutes, it was obvious to me that it has serious potential - it's lightning fast, the smooth scrolling is perfect, it looks great and the gui is so simple, a 5 year old kid can use it effortlessly.

If you think about it from a marketing perspective, the stakes are pretty high. The Cyclo DS has been an incredibly strong seller over the past months. The Acecard 2 is doing very well too, now they've fixed the worst of the bugs. The M3 Real however, is currently being let down badly by clunky software. When the Sakura hype started though, all bets were off. A solid, full featured English release will change that whole ball game. Sakura could quite possibly make the M3 Real the most popular slot 1 card on the market - bar none.
Yeah, it's all true, but now....they are making terrible mistake by all this delays, I know it's probably hard work, but they missed it when there was that big hype over it, and now.....people are really losing interest....They should really do something about it, at least release an official announcement.....
What could possibly take this long about translating...They could translate it release, and then start working on updates and fixes..just to show that they have a way to treat their customers, not like this, with nothing in two months!

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
treasure said:
With thanks to FiRsT-aNd-LaSt for the updated package (includes M3 3.9a & iTouch 1.9) =
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=909...t=0&start=0
....making life easy for all of us!

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Toni Plutonij: Yeah, it has been an awfully long interval, hasn't it? All sorts of interesting speculation comes to mind, but I won't post it here. Suffice to say, I don't think it's the translation that's holding things up...

I realise this could sound a bit forthright, but isn't Densetsu3000 doing the official Sakura website translation for the M3 team?
Maybe he could fire off a polite email re the state of the project?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, too long time has passed..
I also have quite few theories about what might be going on!!

I'm also in contact with the part of M3 Team, and constant contact with Densetsu3000..
M3 Team really doesn't have to say anything at this time?!?! There are no new for public at the time!
Considering Densetsu, he is really very very busy at the time..He's studying very hard, over 10 hours per day, so when he get some time free, he logins to GBAtemp for 10-15 minutes, just to check up on news..

M3 Team pulled magnificent move with this Sakura firmware, and from that day.....they are going down....I can't find any logic in their actions...

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah okay. Cheers and the best of luck to Densetsu3000 with his studies. Well, all that's left to do is keep on waitin' then. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Moonlight's office though.
rolleyes.gif

Oh and btw, my belated thanks to all of you guys for doing such an incredible job with the translations and the skins.
grog.gif

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That makes no sense though. Why would the M3 team shuffle when a new market share just opened up?
The consumer who would have bought the R4 until it was discontinued, will now buy a different manufacturer's card instead.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I hope someone can help me with this but i have one problem:
The sakura Randomly loses its DLDI capability, thus making Homebrew unusable from sakura. This includes Sakura's own tools aswell. I am using the triple boot version, and my microSD is 4Gb kingston SDHC C4.

Last time i remember it losing its dildi was, i booted the moonshell, turned off the console, and opened image viewer, "DLDI=default (no dldi)" and so on, would not boot.

Re-installing sakura would fix this every time, but i do not want to continue to withold with the random losing of homebrew capability, anyone else experienced same and pinpoint something to blame?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hey Densetsu3000, good to see you online after some time....I see you updated the skin list!! Thanks (also a big thank you for that note next to skin
smile.gif
)

And one big THANK YOU for helping around the skin!!

QUOTE said:
I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Moonlight's office though. rolleyes.gif
Yeah, me to.....I really don't know if he's doing anything right now....He's projects are awesome..

QUOTEOh and btw, my belated thanks to all of you guys for doing such an incredible job with the translations and the skins. grog.gif
You're welcome.....I do hope I'll get to work with Densetsu3000 and NeoGunKuruma on something again...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JereTHEend said:
I hope someone can help me with this but i have one problem:
The sakura Randomly loses its DLDI capability, thus making Homebrew unusable from sakura. This includes Sakura's own tools aswell. I am using the triple boot version, and my microSD is 4Gb kingston SDHC C4.

Last time i remember it losing its dildi was, i booted the moonshell, turned off the console, and opened image viewer, "DLDI=default (no dldi)" and so on, would not boot.

Re-installing sakura would fix this every time, but i do not want to continue to withold with the random losing of homebrew capability, anyone else experienced same and pinpoint something to blame?
could it be you set a wallpaper in m3sakura?
that's one of the things that can mess up dldi patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...