Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

treasure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have problems running METAL SLUG 7 on the sakura firmware. it states "save file is corropt. deleting data file" and then it hangs.

if i delete it, it doesnt go any further.

and other than that: does the m3 team STILL did not release any further updats or an official english version?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
treasure said:
i have problems running METAL SLUG 7 on the sakura firmware. it states "save file is corropt. deleting data file" and then it hangs.

if i delete it, it doesnt go any further.

and other than that: does the m3 team STILL did not release any further updats or an official english version?
it's not normal that you get that error.
it runs fine on my m3sakura.

treasure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats strange, its probably cause i used a english hacked edition of it? may it was hacked wrong. cause it also hung at mission 3, it doesnt get any further, and i think thats just cause of the hacked file, i dunno though. i just got myself metal slug 7 and a language selector, hope that will work with sakura, i will probably edit this post later on then.

MegaShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been happy with the M3 DS Real firmware, but I have more than 150 roms on a 8GB card and it takes forever to choose the last games on the list... so I would definitely be interested in trying the Sakura firmware and give a try on its supposed extra speed... but I can't live without real time saves for DS games...

Any screenshots of the UI?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MegaShark said:
I've been happy with the M3 DS Real firmware, but I have more than 150 roms on a 8GB card and it takes forever to choose the last games on the list... so I would definitely be interested in trying the Sakura firmware and give a try on its supposed extra speed... but I can't live without real time saves for DS games...

Any screenshots of the UI?
DSgame+m3real+real time save???

Elgamblo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried the English Sakura Firmware (great translation, thank you!), my self-dumped NDS ROMS work great but my GBA games don't read the old GBA saves. I guess I need to convert my M3 Real GBA savefiles, but how?

Another question: How does Homebrew launching work? As booting DSOrganize only results in a white screen but the patched R4 version of DSVideo from the DSVideo homepage works, I think M3 Sakura doesn't DLDI-Auto-Patch. So do I need to patch all my homebrew games now? Or what did I do wrong?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
m3sakura does dldi-autopatch.
however, there are a lot of things that might break dldi patching for m3sakura.
if a system file is a few KB larger than expected it might fail, if you have too much stuff in your system folder, or if you have a wallpaper.

Elgamblo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, thank you very much, but I just used the normal M3 Sakura English package and didn't modify the SYSTEM folder. So what can I delete? Or is there another problem which can cause the white screen?

Meomun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
Q: How do I enable NDS-GBA Linkage in M3 Sakura?
A: If you have a GBA Expansion Pack, follow the steps below to enable NDS-GBA Linkage in M3 Sakura (submitted by sjones900):

1. Download GBA ExpLoader and SoftReset.m3ds.
2. Copy the following files to your MicroSD card:
???????GBA_ExpLoader.nds
???????GBA_ExpLoader.ini (must go in the root)
???????SoftReset.M3DS (must go in the root)
3. Create 2 folders in the root of your MicroSD card:
???????GBA_SAVE
???????GBA_SIGN
??(You can change the names of these folders if you edit the .ini file)
4. Run GBA ExpLoader. You will be presented with a dialog window that says:
???????SRAM?SAVE??????
???????Create SRAM SAVE data
??Press A at this dialog.
5. In the top screen, browse to the GBA ROM you want to load into memory, highlight the ROM, then press SELECT.
??(This step will NOT work without SoftReset.m3ds)
6. You will get another dialog that says:
???????SRAM?SAVE???????
???????Load SAVE data onto SRAM
??Press A. You should see a progress bar on the top screen. Once it finishes, GBA ExpLoader will automatically exit out and reboot into M3 Sakura.
7. With the GBA ROM now loaded into SRAM, just load the NDS ROM, and the NDS-GBA link will be established.

If you use an EZFlash 3-in-1, select NOR mode and load it that way instead. Using this method removes the need to load it into SRAM manually since the NOR memory simulates an actual GBA cart, saving a little time (depending on how often the linkage is used) if this method is available (by AXYPB). If you have a different expansion pack from the EZFlash 3-in-1, use NOR if the option is available. Otherwise, just follow the steps outlined above for SRAM.

I followed every steps; however, after I set Ram or Rumble mode the screen turn black and did not reset (even i dl the SoftReset.M3DS). I can feel the rumble of my 3in1 flash card when I set Rumble to Low/Midium/High but still the screen just turn black and stay that way. Please help. Thank you.

alexjzim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, idk if this has been posted, but its late (or i could say early) and i dont want to look. i didnt understand the readme for the itouch version, what exactly do you copy to the micro sd card, defaultx, defaulty, boot.eng, system... but what about hte itouch part? thats what confuzes me. was it added to the boot.eng?

the answer to this will answer if i want an itouch ds or not.

(ps, i already have this working on my m3 real, so im not a noob to this lol)

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I followed every steps; however, after I set Ram or Rumble mode the screen turn black and did not reset (even i dl the SoftReset.M3DS). I can feel the rumble of my 3in1 flash card when I set Rumble to Low/Midium/High but still the screen just turn black and stay that way. Please help. Thank you.
[/quote]

By turned black do you mean actually turned off or just froze on black screen with power light still on? the EZ does not actually reset totally (at least not for me) it just enables it to switch off but keep settings, when i turn mine back on the RAM is enabled and showing up in sakura os.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Meomun said:
I followed every steps; however, after I set Ram or Rumble mode the screen turn black and did not reset (even i dl the SoftReset.M3DS). I can feel the rumble of my 3in1 flash card when I set Rumble to Low/Midium/High but still the screen just turn black and stay that way. Please help. Thank you.I only have the GBA Expansion Pack, so I can't check this one for you (all I can say is that it works for me, but that's not very helpful to you). Hopefully someone with a 3-in-1 will see this and will be able to offer some solution. QUOTE(alexjzim @ Jul 20 2008, 10:49 PM) ok, idk if this has been posted, but its late (or i could say early) and i dont want to look. i didnt understand the readme for the itouch version, what exactly do you copy to the micro sd card, defaultx, defaulty, boot.eng, system... but what about hte itouch part? thats what confuzes me. was it added to the boot.eng?
I've been seeing a lot of questions pop up on the Triple Loader for the iTouchDS lately, but the reason why it's not up on the FAQ is because I don't have an iTouchDS cart to test it myself. If someone can provide a link to a confirmed working iTDS Triple Loader with very explicit instructions on how to use it, I'll add it to the OP.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
*EDIT*
Sorry, posted in the wrong thread
shy.gif
Someone please merge this post with my previous one or delete it altogether. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64