Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Samidare said:
Maybe I'm the only one who want this? Can I know how to use the unofficial english M3 Sakura in full japanese? Thanks!
No problem. Here's the original hacked firmware by iamanobody. It is identical to the official Japanese release, except that it's been modified to boot on an English M3 Real cart.

ragnamuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shiroitaka said:
Ok do you mean certain software working with vista? or just the sakura readable and updatable through vista? if its the later I am running ult vista 64bit and also ran 32bit and have had no problems accessing my memcard and installing sakura and using rom trimmer v2. any other software point me to it and i can test it for you.

Oh im running a m3 real with triple boot but was just running sakura hack before this
smile.gif
tried on sandisk 1gb 4gb sdhc and 8gbsdhc with and without my old m3 lite pro

oh and off topic "living in tokyo" soooooo jealous went there a few years back and have been longing to return ever since japan is a beautiful country

Yeah, I was referring to the software included on the CD and whatnot (as the poster below you mentioned), but I was unable to wait any longer, caved, and bought the M3 Sakura. It should be coming in the mail early this week.
yaynds.gif

Tokyo is interesting, but by no means beautiful... unless you like concrete lol. Gotta get far out of the city to see what little beauty Japan has to offer that isn't obstructed by hideous electricity poles and wires.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sumi said:
shiroitaka said:
Ok do you mean certain software working with vista? or just the sakura readable and updatable through vista? if its the later I am running ult vista 64bit and also ran 32bit and have had no problems accessing my memcard and installing sakura and using rom trimmer v2. any other software point me to it and i can test it for you.

Oh im running a m3 real with triple boot but was just running sakura hack before this
smile.gif
tried on sandisk 1gb 4gb sdhc and 8gbsdhc with and without my old m3 lite pro

oh and off topic "living in tokyo" soooooo jealous went there a few years back and have been longing to return ever since japan is a beautiful country

Yeah, I was referring to the software included on the CD and whatnot (as the poster below you mentioned), but I was unable to wait any longer, caved, and bought the M3 Sakura. It should be coming in the mail early this week.
yaynds.gif

Tokyo is interesting, but by no means beautiful... unless you like concrete lol. Gotta get far out of the city to see what little beauty Japan has to offer that isn't obstructed by hideous electricity poles and wires.

Cool well enjoy your m3 i enjoy mine
smile.gif

It was the contrast of city and neons with the beautiful temples castles and gardens plus every where i went people were so polite and freindly unlike here in the uk. I also went to tsumago. hida takayama, kanazawa and kyoto. The mountain areas in tsumago were amazing
smile.gif
we took the old shogun route and stayed in traditional ryoken (spellings??)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
shiroitaka said:
I also went to tsumago. hida takayama, kanazawa and kyoto. The mountain areas in tsumago were amazing
smile.gif
we took the old shogun route and stayed in traditional ryoken (spellings??)
You went to Takayama?! I love that place! I lived in Gifu for 4 years, in a small country town called Kamiishizu. It's right next to Sekigahara, where the most important battle in Japanese history was fought. Takayama is a 5-hour trip north from Kamiishizu. And I have to agree, you can't match the warmth of the good-hearted country folk. The vast majority of people in Tokyo are indifferent at best, rude and even belligerent at worst. Of course, there are plenty of exceptions, since I was able to make a lot of friends in Tokyo as well, but in the countryside, people are much, MUCH friendlier. My next door neighbors were an elderly couple who always brought me persimmons and all kinds of vegetables from their garden
smile.gif
Since I was the only foreigner living in a small town of 6,000 people, the people treated me like a celebrity!

Tokyo is cool if you've never been there before, but the good stuff is in the obscure places that foreigners don't usually hear about, like Takayama, Koya-san, etc. BTW while you were up in Hida, did you go to the Gero onsen? Please say you did! No trip to Hida is complete without the Gero onsen experience!

Oh, and the spelling is ryokan (??)
wink.gif

Sorry for the off-topic post!

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry for lots of off topic too
smile.gif

never got to go to the onsen
frown.gif
was only there for one day 2 nights just managed to walk around seeing the beautiful less visited shrines (made our offerings to the kami) and temples. it snowed whilst we were there and was amazing
smile.gif
my soul belongs in Japan.

What would your advice be on learning japanese i would love to be able to learn it both for a return visit and to help out on the translation of FW/SW.

And you heard anymore news on a official english release date or possible addition of new features?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
shiroitaka said:
Sorry for lots of off topic too
smile.gif

never got to go to the onsen
frown.gif
was only there for one day 2 nights just managed to walk around seeing the beautiful less visited shrines (made our offerings to the kami) and temples. it snowed whilst we were there and was amazing
smile.gif
my soul belongs in Japan.

What would your advice be on learning japanese i would love to be able to learn it both for a return visit and to help out on the translation of FW/SW.

And you heard anymore news on a official english release date or possible addition of new features?
I'll have to send you a PM later about learning Japanese, since I don't want this to get more off-topic than it already is
shy.gif

And no, I haven't heard anything. I've kind of stopped paying attention to what they say about release dates
dry.gif
I'm just as in the dark about that as everyone else.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it should be mentioned in the FAQ that the cheats won't work if Download Play is set to Enable. I also found that the NDS-GBA linkage method in the FAQ doesn't require that the Download Play setting be set to Enable, and that it works more reliably if the GBA ROM is loaded into NOR instead if available.

opqaz900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded the skin but everytime i boot it up it says "please refer [/SYSTEM/m3sakura/logbuf.txt]" what is wrong?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
opqaz900 said:
i downloaded the skin but everytime i boot it up it says "please refer [/SYSTEM/m3sakura/logbuf.txt]" what is wrong?
might help if you actually did what m3sakura tells you to first.
it's a general error message, nobody can tell you what happened untill you read the log (logbuff.txt)

tapedump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
Q: Does M3 Sakura play commercial ROMs?
A: Yes. The firmware available on www.m3sakura.jp doesn't play commercial ROMs, but the G6/M3 team has released firmware version 1.11X, which has been fixed to play commercial ROMs. The Japanese version 1.11X firmware runs GBA and NDS ROMs just fine, as does the unofficial English version.
I have a couple Japanese M3 Reals (bought one off of Amazon.jp, one in Akiba) but when loaded with the linfoxdomain firmware version 1.11x mentioned above no commercial NDS roms will load (though they do with normal M3 Real firmware).

Upon copying the SP1 startnds.ext file to SYSTEM they will appear to load with the "Reboot" meter filling but freeze at a black screen.

Pardon the query, but are we certain that M3Sakura_v1.11_Japanese.zip from linfoxdomain.com will run commercial ROMs? The garbled kanji in the RAR pack isn't instilling confidence.

Note the English version works fine and I commend you all, it's just that the wife would prefer the Japanese interface (and wants her commercial ROMs working
smile.gif
).

Thanks,
TD

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that 1.11 version you tried.
upon booting does it say 1.11 or 1.10?
the X version has a little glitch where it says it's 1.10 while it is 1.11, that's an easy way to see the difference.
a different way is to check if the startnds, setupnds, etc are in the system folder.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tapedump said:
I have a couple Japanese M3 Reals (bought one off of Amazon.jp, one in Akiba) but when loaded with the linfoxdomain firmware version 1.11x mentioned above no commercial NDS roms will load (though they do with normal M3 Real firmware).

Upon copying the SP1 startnds.ext file to SYSTEM they will appear to load with the "Reboot" meter filling but freeze at a black screen.

Pardon the query, but are we certain that M3Sakura_v1.11_Japanese.zip from linfoxdomain.com will run commercial ROMs? The garbled kanji in the RAR pack isn't instilling confidence.

Note the English version works fine and I commend you all, it's just that the wife would prefer the Japanese interface (and wants her commercial ROMs working
smile.gif
).

Thanks,
TD
Sorry about that, I just realized that linFox domain hosts version 1.11 (from M3Sakura.jp), not 1.11X (from HandHeldSources). I just downloaded both the one on linFox and HHS and the files aren't even the same size.

I don't have the Sakura cart, but I have a Japanese M3 Real. I use the firmware from HandHeldSources, which plays ROMs. If it works for my M3 Real, it should work for your Sakura cart. Here's the download.

Again, sorry for the mistake, and thank you for pointing out this error to me. I'm going to fix the links in the FAQ right now.

*EDIT*
The offending links have been replaced!
biggrin.gif

*EDIT*
Here's a link to iamanobody's hacked firmware. It's all in Japanese, but it also runs on English M3 Reals.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tapedump said:
Sweet, that's what I was looking for.
smile.gif

I'll try it out once the wife gets done.

????????????????????????
Awesome! Oh, just so you know, use of the "negative imperative" form (???) makes it sound like you're pissed off or something
tongue.gif
Unless you have a really close relationship to the person you're speaking to, you probably shouldn't use it. I didn't take offense to it, but some Japanese people might. All I'm saying is, be careful.
wink.gif

QUOTE(tapedump @ Jul 8 2008, 04:44 AM) ????
smile.gif
You're welcome. Also, did you live in Kansai, or is your wife from there?
biggrin.gif

tapedump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
まぁ、確かに。。。でも一般的な会話に多く使われてるじゃん? 
っていうのは、職場や上に立ってる人の前じゃない限り。。。
2チャンを読みすぎのせいかな。
でも、丁寧に教えてくれてありがとう。 ごめん、ラフな感じでしゃべって。
(そう、妻の実家は大阪だけど住まいは関東だ。だから話が結構チャンポンだ。)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tapedump said:
??????????????????????????????
Yeah, huh...but isn't it used a lot during normal conversation?
????????????????????????????
I mean, as long as it's not at work or in front of someone higher than you...
???????????????
Maybe I'm mimicking my older brother too much?
???????????????????????????????????
But, thanks for telling me. Sorry for speaking in such a rough tone.
?????????????????????????????????????
(Yeah, my wife is from Osaka but lives in Tokyo. That's why my words are all mixed up.)
That explains a lot
biggrin.gif
I guess it also depends on the region. No need to apologize, I LOVE the Osaka dialect! They've got the most colorful way of saying things!

I had to translate it so as not to leave everyone out in the dark. I'm not sure about the rules, but I don't think we're supposed to post in foreign languages (unless, of course, we provide a translation).

BTW are you Japanese? Because if you are, sorry for correcting you. If you're not, your Japanese is REALLY good!

Again, sorry for getting off-topic! And this is my own thread too!
laugh.gif
Apparently I just can't stop talking about Japan, so please don't get me started!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X2x6pu6vSjU