Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
tapedump said:
??????????????????????????????
Yeah, huh...but isn't it used a lot during normal conversation?
????????????????????????????
I mean, as long as it's not at work or in front of someone higher than you...
???????????????
Maybe I'm mimicking my older brother too much?
???????????????????????????????????
But, thanks for telling me. Sorry for speaking in such a rough tone.
?????????????????????????????????????
(Yeah, my wife is from Osaka but lives in Tokyo. That's why my words are all mixed up.)
That explains a lot
biggrin.gif
I guess it also depends on the region. No need to apologize, I LOVE the Osaka dialect! They've got the most colorful way of saying things!

I had to translate it so as not to leave everyone out in the dark. I'm not sure about the rules, but I don't think we're supposed to post in foreign languages (unless, of course, we provide a translation).

BTW are you Japanese? Because if you are, sorry for correcting you. If you're not, your Japanese is REALLY good!

Again, sorry for getting off-topic! And this is my own thread too!
laugh.gif
Apparently I just can't stop talking about Japan, so please don't get me started!
Ah, my bad. I should've checked the rules (or at least translated).

One thing though and I'll stop sidetracking you. I didn't say nii-chan (????) but rather 2-chan. Get it? I read 2-channel too much (where they all post in overly-informal tones).
smile.gif

And no, I'm not Japanese. I'm American, but have been here a long time.

Thanks for the FAQ and the help. -TD

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tapedump said:
Ah, my bad. I should've checked the rules (or at least translated).

One thing though and I'll stop sidetracking you. I didn't say nii-chan (????) but rather 2-chan. Get it? I read 2-channel too much (where they all post in overly-informal tones).
smile.gif

And no, I'm not Japanese. I'm American, but have been here a long time.

Thanks for the FAQ and the help. -TD
Ah, didn't know about 2-chan...I thought you were using some form of e-mail shorthand like a lot of my Japanese friends do.
tongue.gif

Anyway, glad the download worked for you!

*EDIT*
Yeah, the guys on 2-chan use language typical of Japanese forums, and since this is a forum, I can see how you would use the same style of writing here as well
happy.gif
I'm usually on mixi, where people tend to write as if they were speaking to each other in person rather than from behind a computer screen.

anvilhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly do you use cheats with a M3 DS Real and Sakura. Sorry, this is my first card and I'm kinda a newb
blink.gif
I'm not familiar with the interface and I don't know how to activate specific cheats or even how to get the cheats working on my card. Are there any guides for this?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
anvilhead said:
How exactly do you use cheats with a M3 DS Real and Sakura. Sorry, this is my first card and I'm kinda a newb
blink.gif
I'm not familiar with the interface and I don't know how to activate specific cheats or even how to get the cheats working on my card. Are there any guides for this?Did you check the first post of this thread?
wink.gif
The M3 Sakura FAQQ: How do I access the cheat menu, soft reset function, etc?
A: You can access the cheat menu by sliding a ROM to the left, or by highlighting the ROM and pressing Y. There is no way to return to the main GUI once you have entered the config menu, and the only way out is by shutting down. Also, soft reset currently can't be turned on; whether these will be fixed in a future firmware update remains to be seen.

Q: What cheat file does M3 Sakura use?
A: It uses the same cheat file as the M3 Real (cheat.db). Download, extract and copy the file to the SYSTEM folder and you're all set! Access the cheat menu by sliding ROMs to the left, or by highlighting the ROM and pressing Y. You can always get the latest cheat compilation file from the GBATemp Cheat Database, maintained by Narin. Note that cheats will not work if Download Play is set to "Enable" (thanks for the tip AXYPB). Some cheats do not work, even with Download Play turned off (set to "Standard"). Read more about it here.
It seems pretty self-explanatory once you enter the config menu, but if you want very explicit step-by-step instructions, here's an M3 Sakura Cheats 101 crash course:

1. Once you have entered the config menu for a ROM, tap the "Cheat Settings" icon
fire_cheatitem.jpg
2. Enable cheats (place a check on them) by highlighting the desired cheat and pressing A.
3. After you've enabled all the cheats, press B to exit back to the config menu.
4. Tap on the "Cheat Switch" icon
fire_cheatswitch.jpg
and set it to "Always On" (or "Switch" if you want to toggle cheats ON/OFF in-game; refer to the top screen of your DS for the switch button combos).
5. Tap the "Save" icon
fire_confirm.jpg
to save settings and and load the ROM.

Like any other cheat device, if you enable too many cheats or a bad combination of cheats, you may experience glitches, cheats not working, or freezing. If this happens, go back to the config menu and disable some cheats. A good rule of thumb is to enable only a few cheats at a time, maybe 2 or 3 at most. Common sense also goes a long way (i.e., don't enable a cheat for "Max HP" and another one for "Infinite HP" at the same time). And don't forget to read the info about cheats not working in the links quoted above!

*EDIT*
Crossed out old information that no longer applies.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
should've been quite clear now.
m3simply=R4
m3sakura=m3real

this means m3sakura firmware works as good on m3simply as it does on an R4: homebrew launching only.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the FAQ states that the homebrew problems are gone, but I still can barely run any homebrew at all.

multoque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that the official Japanese sakura running on a Japanese M3 Real runs all homebrew, but the hacked versions (including the English translation available through this site) have hit-or-miss homebrew performance.

I know that I can run a few homebrew programs, but often without full functionality. The majority of them, including ones I like, don't work at all (including dsorganize, snemulds, nesds, and still alive). But since sakura is on the whole so much better, and plays media directly out of the file system, I don't mind so much. I'm so beyond addicted to TWEWY that I hardly use my ds for anything else these days anyway, and sakura's ability to remember my last several launched games means that I can get my TWEWY fix even faster.

multoque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does that mean English sakura is supposed to be able to run homebrew perfectly? That hasn't been my experience at all, and I am using the latest release, have tried reformatting my card and installing fresh sakura first, etc. Using a sandisk 6gb card, which I imagine is fairly commonplace....

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thank you for clarification, but then the wording in the FAQ is misleading, as some problems have been resolved, not all of them.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
Fat D said:
QUOTE said:
As for the unofficial English firmware, initially there were problems running homebrew, but thanks to thedicemaster, those problems have been resolved.
that refers to the no auto-dldi patching problem.
Yes, originally when I tried to edit one of the files in the firmware by replacing the Japanese text with English, I somehow tampered with auto-DLDI patching and M3 Sakura would not load any homebrew. thedicemaster figured it out and fixed the messed-up file. Sorry about not being more clear on that.

In fact, I've got a request...

Can you guys post a list of homebrew that doesn't work for you? I'll add it to the FAQ. Thanks!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Densetsu3000 said:
thedicemaster said:
Fat D said:
QUOTE said:
As for the unofficial English firmware, initially there were problems running homebrew, but thanks to thedicemaster, those problems have been resolved.
that refers to the no auto-dldi patching problem.
Yes, originally when I tried to edit one of the files in the firmware by replacing the Japanese text with English, I somehow tampered with auto-DLDI patching and M3 Sakura would not load any homebrew. thedicemaster figured it out and fixed the messed-up file. Sorry about not being more clear on that.

In fact, I've got a request...

Can you guys post a list of homebrew that doesn't work for you? I'll add it to the FAQ. Thanks!
you can add any homebrew with a nds filesize of over 2MB (tetris grandmaster 3, SSB-rumble, DSlinux)

btw, the problem with the auto-patching was really strange.
i noticed the following things messing up the auto-patching:
if the messages.932(i think) is more than 1kb larger or smaller than it originally was.
if you have a wallpaper that's been in use since last time you used m3sakura.
neither of them have anything to do with dldi patching.

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this was covered in the FAQ or in the other 15 pages, I apologize if this was.

Now, for the question. How do you save GBA games? I have the GBA Expansion Pak and everything but when I tried to save in Pokemon FireRed it said "save error". After some researching, many said to turn on the "Real Time save" function. I did that, and it still didn't work. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks in advance.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, Sakura supports playing of DPG files, but the problem you have could be many things..Which settings you used when you were encoding?
Setting your framerate too high could result in error while playing video..

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RebelX said:
I don't know if this was covered in the FAQ or in the other 15 pages, I apologize if this was.

Now, for the question. How do you save GBA games? I have the GBA Expansion Pak and everything but when I tried to save in Pokemon FireRed it said "save error". After some researching, many said to turn on the "Real Time save" function. I did that, and it still didn't work. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks in advance.
Try using low-speed mode instead of high-speed mode.

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Yes, Sakura supports playing of DPG files, but the problem you have could be many things..Which settings you used when you were encoding?
Setting your framerate too high could result in error while playing video..

Forget about that because my problem was that i encode the video with the old DGP tools so I download the original firmware and I found a couple of intersting tools and thre I fond the new DGP tools I used then to encode my video and then I try to play them a voala I got it maybe is that the new DGP Tools have a different encoding or something else to make it work in M3 Sakura thank you very much.

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
RebelX said:

Thanks in advance.
Try using low-speed mode instead of high-speed mode.

Thank you very much, you are my hero.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NicoXChan @ NicoXChan: Hello there :)