The Localization Process

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went to QJ.net just to see if there was anything new. I stumbled upon the process game companies use to localize games.
QUOTE said:
* Step 1: Familiarization (1-3 weeks) -- Play the game and understand context of written material.
* Step 2: Localization (1-8 weeks) -- Depends on amount of text and if voice acting is required.
* Step 3: Programming (4-6 weeks) -- All implemented by original developers.
* Step 4: Quality Assurance (5-8 weeks) -- Bugs are natural side effect of localization, along with "test issues."
* Step 5: Manufacturer Approval (3-8 weeks) -- "Internal testers go over the submitted master candidate."
* Step 6: Manufacturing (3-5 weeks) -- Print, box and ship.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Atlus-Localizatio...g/49/aid/133342

I don't know what to think anymore. I thought it was a bit complicated with just translating.
unsure.gif

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they probably do several games at once so its not like they spend that much time on each game. and they gotta spend the time testing because its a product being sold in stores because they will lose a lot of money if they fucked up a game and had to issue refunds or replacements to everyone who bought it.

and they want to avoid accidentally coming out with the next "all your base are belong to us."

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really? You thought it was simpler? I thought it was more complicated. Well it probably is, just QJ doesn't want to bog down the reader with too much detail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk