Hacking The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Performance Boost Thread

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because the game seems to use dynamic resolution so the more GPU and memory OC the more it keeps the higher resolution, it might do 60 or close but would look potato unless at a later point Nintendo could manage to improve performance a lot.

I heard there's a new patch out there but don't know what it does but I'm guessing it will be more about bug fixes and make the game locked to like FW 16.0.2 no idea...

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's because the game seems to use dynamic resolution so the more GPU and memory OC the more it keeps the higher resolution, it might do 60 or close but would look potato unless at a later point Nintendo could manage to improve performance a lot.

I heard there's a new patch out there but don't know what it does but I'm guessing it will be more about bug fixes and make the game locked to like FW 16.0.2 no idea...
Are you talking about official update?

CameronCataclysm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youre not gonna get 60fps on switch. not even close.
This is beyond incorrect. Currently using the 60FPS patch on a day one unit with amazing results. Docked. It is stated very clearly that the patch in the wild specifically is more stable on the Switch. Before spreading misinformation, why not read?

cliffkhew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If you want 60fps all around the places,just wait for lower resolution patches.No chances you can run 720p 60fps all around the game even you maxout overclock.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
921 already goes over at times, but a sure fire way to see is if your battery starts draining in docked then yeah pull the clocks back.
Post automatically merged:

I use 1.222 cpu 614 gpu 2003.2 ram and so far, it runs perfectly in handheld, I'll check docked mode later, but from what little I tested before even with gpu set to max and ram oc it still isn't perfectly stable.
Your battery won’t drain while docked lmao if that is happening to you your useing some janky ass dock or power brick

My v1 launch switch has been max over clocked and running in a dock 24/7 for over a year…and it stays charged perfectly fine

oddworld19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the 1.1.0 update it seems to me, that textures in the distance are far more high res then before.
Anyone else noticed this?
What's the 1.1.0 update?

Did someone also leak an update to TOTK, which is presumably out on the internetz right now?

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your battery won’t drain while docked lmao if that is happening to you your useing some janky ass dock or power brick

My v1 launch switch has been max over clocked and running in a dock 24/7 for over a year…and it stays charged perfectly fine
It will, if and only IF you're drawing over 18 watts.

Reactions: Frisk_

Ajukad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So how does the 60 fps patch work on the switch directly, can you disable it at any time or do you need to reinstall an unpatched version of the game?

Orangegamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how does the 60 fps patch work on the switch directly, can you disable it at any time or do you need to reinstall an unpatched version of the game?

it's copy and paste of files, to my understanding, unless you're on an emulator then i don't know. If you wanna remove it afterwards, just make sure to use the backup. You guys make backups before making changes on stuff like this right or is that just me? :lol:

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will, if and only IF you're drawing over 18 watts.
And how does that happen ? I feel like your grasping at straws

I was running BOTW with max overclock for over a year docked and not once had an issue with battery drain. I was even running sys modules

If all of that doesn’t cause battery drain while docked nothing will. Stop using jankey shit

Ajukad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is beyond incorrect. Currently using the 60FPS patch on a day one unit with amazing results. Docked. It is stated very clearly that the patch in the wild specifically is more stable on the Switch. Before spreading misinformation, why not read?
With full safe sys clk overclock (docked), mine runs at 60 fps only in menus and map, during gameplay its in slow-mo.
What overclock are you using?

Reactions: Mike_77712

CameronCataclysm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With full safe sys clk overclock (docked), mine runs at 60 fps only in menus and map, during gameplay its in slow-mo.
What overclock are you using?
I will double check my settings for you but I am fairly certain I haven't even tampered with any sys-clk settings for TOTK. Applied the 60fps patch right before the water boss and I immediately noticed the results. I will admit it isn't perfect in all areas, but I have noticed an immaculate improvement to movement, animations, camera movement etc. So while it isn't going to run in 60fps 100% of the time, it works wayyyy more than it doesn't. Have you applied the 1.1.0 update yet? I have not.

Ajukad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will double check my settings for you but I am fairly certain I haven't even tampered with any sys-clk settings for TOTK. Applied the 60fps patch right before the water boss and I immediately noticed the results. I will admit it isn't perfect in all areas, but I have noticed an immaculate improvement to movement, animations, camera movement etc. So while it isn't going to run in 60fps 100% of the time, it works wayyyy more than it doesn't. Have you applied the 1.1.0 update yet? I have not.
I applied the 1.1.0 update a few hours ago and got the new version of the 60fps patch that was made for this update.

CameronCataclysm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I applied the 1.1.0 update a few hours ago and got the new version of the 60fps patch that was made for this update.

I can confirm that I haven't applied anything via sys-clock just yet. I also attached the 60fps patch that is working fairly well with v1.0.0. I'm sorry for not having any experience with the update just yet. Maybe something else is interfering? You could also revert back to 1.0.0 but I would only do that if you truly run out of options. The video is an attempt to show how smooth the patch is. (The hiccup at the beginning is the screen capture glitching, not the game)

Attachments

• atmosphere.zip
    827 bytes · Views: 31
Last edited by CameronCataclysm,
Reactions: guily6669

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You need a mariko switch with 4ifir and max overclock settings to use this"

Tried on my Erista to see what would happen. Slow-mo for me as well (1785/921 OC)

Reactions: Mike_77712

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI