Hacking The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Performance Boost Thread

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
4IFIR comes as a full package (Atmosphere, Hekate, sigpatches etc.), so after fully switching my homebrew setup to it, it has always worked with FW 16.0.3.
1.5 and 1.6 are pretty old at this point, so maybe if your emuNAND is on FW 16.1.0, you can't boot them.

Btw August update:
I have fully finished the game on update 1.2.0 using 4IFIR 1.6 (June 15th) and later 1.5, with the graphics plugin version of the graphics mod. 1.6 (June 15th) was 99% stable, but after long gaming sessions my Switch could sometimes restart randomly during gameplay. 1.5 was 100% fine.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-graphic-mod-plugin.636153/

November update:
It's not a good idea to use 4IFIR these days:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/4ifir-vs-switch-oc-suite-real-benchmark.642354/page-9
I would go with OC Suite now.
As you can see back then I needed to use a really old version of 4IFIR for it to stay 100% stable.

Last edited by Ethelbert,

SAIJIN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How did you get 4IFIR to work?

I'm a newbie but I got switch-oc-suite to work (1100mv cpu limit, 1996mhz ram) on my Erista v1 switch.

Installing 4IFIR 1.6 doesn't let me boot hekate or into emunand, I tried the AIO route and full fresh install route.
Any luck? I have the same switch model and was going to give it a shot
Post automatically merged:

How did you get 4IFIR to work?

I'm a newbie but I got switch-oc-suite to work (1100mv cpu limit, 1996mhz ram) on my Erista v1 switch.

Installing 4IFIR 1.6 doesn't let me boot hekate or into emunand, I tried the AIO route and full fresh install route.

turntable97

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
As i say... Check the post and read carefully "Download" spoiler please.
No. I cannot post it here, all mods containts the executable file.
And read all post for understanding what you downloaded and what required for this mods.

Hi,

after installing graphics mods from 4PDA, when I try to launch a game, it instantly crashes (every game)

"This software was closed because an error occured". As soon as I uninstall the mod, the problem does not occur. Mods from other sites (in IPS / PCHTXT format) work flawlessly.

What am I doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto