Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit stuck on the 4th dungeon. (Ancient Cistern)
I'm stuck near the boss key, in the room with the stone that says "A gemstone shines deep within the eye. Strike it to shut the mouth and dam the flow."
I did that, but I don't see how it helps me. I can't seem to find a way to get near enough to the big rock to blow it up either so I can get to the spinning things with vines on them.
SPOILER get your beetle and fly through the passage and pick up the bomb then drop it on that rock thats impeding your way SPOILER*

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm stuck near the boss key, in the room with the stone that says "A gemstone shines deep within the eye. Strike it to shut the mouth and dam the flow."
I did that, but I don't see how it helps me. I can't seem to find a way to get near enough to the big rock to blow it up either so I can get to the spinning things with vines on them.
SPOILER get your beetle and fly through the passage and pick up the bomb then drop it on that rock thats impeding your way SPOILER*
Oh duh. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks.

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh duh. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks.

yeah, I had not seen either... I turned round a moment before i "tilt"
and "when you see it, you'll shit bricks"

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Someone knows how to get Evil Crystals? The only ones I found are from treasure chests; the fortune teller says that Evil Crystals often come from monsters that cast spells... :blink:
I think you can get some from the Zombie Bokoblins in the Fourth dungeon (the purple ones underground)

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I give up on this one..

In the water temple, after you helped that big fish women for sacred water. :P

I need to hit a door slot (4 times) in a speciafic order.. but I can't fingure it out. I've read that stone in the beginning though.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am currently in the 3rd dungeon and I got the wind item. The room after it which I think is the main room the only thing I have access to is a bomb but I dont see anything to blow up within the room. What can I do at this point?\
To the left of the door where you came after getting the gust bellow and the map (you are at the main central room, right?), there is a closed gate with a fan like thingy at the top of it. Blow it to open the gate. Enter it and you'll see that your path is covered by sinking sand. Open your map and you'll see a path under the sand, just like in the desert.
I still read your hint and I was unable to finish the room. The fans you mentioned are on the other side of the door so I cannot reach it. Here are some pictures I took for visual aid.

http://i.imgur.com/0EX8E.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SFlRQ.jpg
It's not the central gate, the central one you'll open from behind it, the central one is one of the gates that you just open to make it easy to get back there (you make the whole way around it and then open it so you don't have to make that path again). It's the one gate to your left. See the sand tank with the path in the map? It's just to your left. There is a vane or something just above the gate, open it and pass through the sand to the other side.
Can someone tell me when I can get the Hylian Shield? I just finished the Eldin Volcano silent realm.
Stop rushing things, play the damn game. As someone else said, the game pratically holds your hand, when it accidentally releases it, then there is Fi to hold it back. If you see or read something that you can't interact yet, just leave it there, when you need it you already know where to get it.
After I save the first dragon jerk and he tells me about the song of heroes and how I got to go hit up the three dragons. Where should I go after that I went to Faron Woods to see the water dragon that I know of but it's all blocked off. SHould I goto to skylof and talk to the grandmaster?
Play the damn game, just go ANYWHERE (any of the 3 surface regions) and you'll get to meet a dragon. There is no specific order to meeting them.
Thanks to everyone contributing to the thread!

Ancient Cistern Question

So I went down to the basement room with all the zombies and there's a stone tablet that says to hit a gem deep in the eye to stop the waterfall. I assumed it was talking about the eye of the statue but its head is missing now
It's not the big statue's eye. If you watch this very lava waterfall you mentioned, it's flowing through a skull mouth...

I give up on this one..

I need to hit a door slot (4 times) in a speciafic order.. but I can't fingure it out. I've read that stone in the beginning though.
The stone doesn't tell you the order to hit the switches, it tells the order of the 'inscriptions with the order to hit the switch' you should read. The main statue in the big room has 4 inscriptions with those directions. It's like a flower with four petals, and one is blue.

gregor1997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Im stuck after you get the harp and talk to the headmaster to tell you the lyrics of the goddess song, but i dont know what to do next. Can somebody help me?

Netsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im stuck after you get the harp and talk to the headmaster to tell you the lyrics of the goddess song, but i dont know what to do next. Can somebody help me?

he will tell you about the lighttower right? there are two windmills around skyloft city. take your bust gallow and shoot at the propeller of the first windmill. then go to the second one and speak with the guy

Genyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^beat me to it

He says to look for two sails, thus a relationship with wind. What two things on Skyloft are related to wind and can you probably use your just newly gained Gust Bellow on? ;)

ringwurm1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I give up on this one..

they want you to look at the back of the statue, the butt of the statue, the back of the left hand , and the back of the right. pretty sure the hit order was

up,down,left,right. or right left? it was the order the tablet said because the arrows on the body parts corresponded with its position. meaning back - up, rear - down, etc... be sure to swim to the hands though then "spin" to get yourself the two silver rupees sitting in the palms(that's what makes the hands close)

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to be vague to avoid spoilers. I'm at the part where you have to collect the Tadtones late in the game. There's a yellow one underneath a spiky lilypad, and I can't seem to get it no matter what I do. I've tried jumping out of the water and landing on it, putting a bomb on it, etc. but nothing works.

Nizireth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Trying to be vague to avoid spoilers. I'm at the part where you have to collect the Tadtones late in the game. There's a yellow one underneath a spiky lilypad, and I can't seem to get it no matter what I do. I've tried jumping out of the water and landing on it, putting a bomb on it, etc. but nothing works.

Go inside the tree and go up. At some point you'll find a platform that is perfect for jumping onto the pad with enough velocity to turn it over.

EDIT: By the way, you don't have to swim from the bottom all the time. There are two flying points for your Claw Shot somewhere.

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go inside the tree and go up. At some point you'll find a platform that is perfect for jumping onto the pad with enough velocity to turn it over.

EDIT: By the way, you don't have to swim from the bottom all the time. There are two flying points for your Claw Shot somewhere.
Thanks, that did it. It seems like I get stuck on the parts with simple solutions instead of the ones most people have trouble with, for some reason.

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can't land into Faron Woods, only to Sealed Grounds, I already have the 2 other parts of the song, how can I talk to the Water Dragon if I can't get inside Faron Woods?

Netsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do i get paper from?

when it is day, go near the toilet, the guy will give you a loveletter. you can use it as paper, it doesn't matter if you give the letter to the one in the toilet or to the girl you will get 5 crystals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1