Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

Andrew_DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My thoughts exactly =)

Either the fourth or the fifth one is in a room near where you come off the slide on the far left side of the summit if you are facing away from the temple. It's a room with lava and a curved looking slope on it's right hand side. What you need to do is to take a bomb go outside this room and destroy the 'plug' in the lava coming out of the wall, hard to explain but it stands out you will know when you find it =P This will lower the lava level in the room.

Then you need to go back into this room and roll a bomb across the sloped wall so that it blows up the other plug on the far side of the room, which will drain the lava completely. And then you dash over and dig up the keypiece =)

I think that was right... I hope it was =P

Andrew_DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean the one in the tower where you get the beetle?

If you stand in front of the heart piece and then send the beetle up to the top of the tower you will find a switch which will open the grate blocking you from it =)

The Earth Temple boss can be beaten as follows
Bowl bombs at Scaldera when it is at the bottom of the slope, and then once part of its shell cracks off and it gets stunned simply strike it's eye. Then keep doing that until you win =)

Placlu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[quote name='decko1976' timestamp='1321179569' post='3972507]
I'm stuck in the temple after getting the goddest sword. I don't know how to continue from that point. Any help?
[/quote]

once you use your skyward strike to reveal the tablet holder, Place it in there, which will activate a beam of light, fly there to dive to the surface

Anyway, was it just me, or was the 2nd Boss easier than the first?

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I must have missed something, i'm looking for the propeller, i remembered seeing it in the mountain, so i went there, but can't pick it up.
On skyloft, they are talking about the guy with his robot, i went to talk to him at his house but nothing hapenned. Did i forget something ?
Where do I rotate the key after I have all three power things? Thank you
I was stuck there too, i just tried all combinaisons until one worked, i seem to remember first one completly on the left, second one almost completly on the right, third one on top.

How do I defeat the Earth Temple boss? I have no idea what to do here...
It is IMO the hardest of the first three,i almost died, had to use a fairy and a potion to win.
1/ Make him roll all the way down with a bomb.
2/ When he is down, he'll open his mouth for a few seconds, get a bomb Inside (you only have a few seconds to do that so you better not make him roll down from the very top.
3/ Hit his weak as much as you can
4/ Repeat this until he dies

Anybody know how to get that heart piece in the first Dungeon?
Use your mechanical bug to trigger the Switch at the very top of the room.

Godamit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I must have missed something, i'm looking for the propeller, i remembered seeing it in the mountain, so i went there, but can't pick it up.
On skyloft, they are talking about the guy with his robot, i went to talk to him at his house but nothing hapenned. Did i forget something ?
What you do at this point is head to the bazaar; specifically the scrap shop (place where you upgrade equipment). When you talk to Gondo or whatever his name is the conversation will be slightly different and he mentions an ancient flower (at least one of which you should've picked up in Lanayru, if not head back and find one). Give it to him and you should be able to figure out the rest.

Where do I rotate the key after I have all three power things? Thank you
I was stuck there too, i just tried all combinaisons until one worked, i seem to remember first one completly on the left, second one almost completly on the right, third one on top.

This is almost correct, but the specific directions are as follows:
first- to the immediate left (imagine a horizontal line).
second- all the way to the right, that's opposite the first one, but down one more.
third- at the top.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is this room that the first page refers to just outside the second temple that damages you? How do I reach it?
Facing the temple, to the right, there is a "orc" village, if you bomb the orc (Bokoblin) watch tower you get to reach the other side. There is a lava room, you can't reach the straigth path up the slope, you have to enter the room and make a right to a steep down slope which you will ride to the last two pieces of the key.

For those asking about the generator/dial position, look at your map. At first I thought about using the C button to rotate it to the player's orientation, but it's not like that, it's just the plain map pointing north.

I was stuck finding out who was Eagus too. I almost went to him first, but changed my mind and instead visited the whole Skyloft population before reading HERE he was the one knight at the sword dojo.

Did anyone manage to perfect the harp minigame at the pumpkin island?

TSjoerts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm now in Lanayru Desert and I have the Hook Beetle. I'm at the part with the big birds that drop big boulders on you but I can't figure out what to do next. Any tips? (not just the straight answer please :P)

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm now in Lanayru Desert and I have the Hook Beetle. I'm at the part with the big birds that drop big boulders on you but I can't figure out what to do next. Any tips? (not just the straight answer please :P)
You have to use the hook beetle! Simple as that. You are stuck surrounded by sinking sand, right?

TSjoerts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use the hook beetle! Simple as that. You are stuck surrounded by sinking sand, right?

Yep, and I know I have to use the Hook Beetle xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land