Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Overclocking (handheld) doesn't do anything to remove the stuttering/slowdown any time anything loads. This game seems really badly optimized/profiled, which is especially shocking given the fixed camera perspective and simple graphics.
Please. Smh. It has Frame drops, but it's certainly not even CLOSE to as poor as exaggerating idiots here try and make it out to be. Its noticeable sometimes, but certainly not impossible or immersion-breaking. Idiots here like to find things to complain about then exaggerate.

Stop complaining.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else getting framerate issues?

yeah but only when entering new areas, and it's brief stuttering.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Question for anybody who has played the game and got this far:

In the Face Shrine, what the hell do you do with the horse heads?? I'm stuck in a room and can't proceed until this puzzle is solved. In the original game, you just tossed the heads around until they landed face up. In the remake, there are spots in the floor where it looks like they fit, but it doesn't work. No matter where I throw them, the heads just bounce around and land on the floor face down.

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please. Smh. It has Frame drops, but it's certainly not even CLOSE to as poor as exaggerating idiots here try and make it out to be. Its noticeable sometimes, but certainly not impossible or immersion-breaking. Idiots here like to find things to complain about then exaggerate.

Stop complaining.

I think it is actually immersion-breaking in a game that looks like this - on BOTW it was kind of acceptable since that game looks stunning. This game would be way better experience if it kept steady 60fps frame rate. It stutters when entering new areas and also when there is lots of grass or other objects and even in the sidescroller scenes in dungeons which is very odd since those scenes are really light on graphical details.

Dazzcooney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Stop complaining.
Couldn’t agree more I’m loving it

Reactions: uvwl and Josshy0125

burial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else got to the Armos Knight at Ancient Ruins?

I cant beat him, hell I cant even hurt him.....Ive tried every weapon I have and none of them do any damage at all.

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At 41 seashells. Got the sword. They renamed it to the Koholint Sword. Neat.

Has anyone else got to the Armos Knight at Ancient Ruins?

I cant beat him, hell I cant even hurt him.....Ive tried every weapon I have and none of them do any damage at all.
Gotta use dat bow.

I think it is actually immersion-breaking in a game that looks like this - on BOTW it was kind of acceptable since that game looks stunning. This game would be way better experience if it kept steady 60fps frame rate. It stutters when entering new areas and also when there is lots of grass or other objects and even in the sidescroller scenes in dungeons which is very odd since those scenes are really light on graphical details.
I don't think you have a good understanding on how certain games can be taxing, while others can't. Just because it "looks simpler" doesn't automatically mean it should run at a perfect FPS. There's a lot more at play. Also, it's not immersion-breaking at all. It's a small complaint, and people are just complaining to complain. Next they'll complain about the fact that they can't break signs, or that the library has only x amount of books, and should have one more, and that they "ruin the game". This is ridiculous and silly to complain like this.

burial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Josshy0125]
Gotta use dat bow.
[/QUOTE]

Yep, but the majority of arrows just bounced off him....finally kicked his arse though!

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[QUOTE="Josshy0125]
Gotta use dat bow.

Yep, but the majority of arrows just bounced off him....finally kicked his arse though![/QUOTE]
Glad you got it! Yes, you have to hit him at like, the right moment, or at the right angle or something. It was weird haha

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, people who download the game, for free, and three days before its official release date, complaining about frame rate issues. That's rich. There's been a day one patch for every single AAA game I've bought on Switch so far, and I doubt this is gonna be any different.

It’s been on sale at some retailers already. Besides, awful framerate is awful framerate, regardless on how people have got the game.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, really. Stfu. People are seriously just trying to find reasons to complain, heavily exaggerating shit. You're really obnoxiuous. Fucking stop. Thanks.

Going from 60 to 30 in less than a second is a worrisome thing for a game like this made by Nintendo on the Switch... Something is really wrong.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It’s been on sale at some retailers already. Besides, awful framerate is awful framerate, regardless on how people have got the game.
Which retailers are breaking street date? I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't be too happy about that. And besides, my point is that the day one patch will likely provide more optimization/performance fixes.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't overestimate the switch, it isn't that hard to overload it with fancy shaders and effects that higher-poly games minimize or avoid altogether on this system, like the heavy DoF and everything being super shiny bump maps. Yes they should've worked more around those limitations, but its not hard for a simple-looking game to bog down either. Octopath runs at freaking 30 and sub-native resolution for instance.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

beard00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which retailers are breaking street date? I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't be too happy about that. And besides, my point is that the day one patch will likely provide more optimization/performance fixes.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...kening_are_already_sneaking_out_into_the_wild

Also, there is no guarantee of a day one patch. It's also weird if they didn't manage to fix the terrible frame rate issues during development, but manage to do so with a patch on release date..

Reactions: Amingo

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So it's more an issue of thievery than any particular retailer breaking street date on a large scale.

Also, there is no guarantee of a day one patch. It's also weird if they didn't manage to fix the terrible frame rate issues during development, but manage to do so with a patch on release date..
It happens all the time across every platform. Just look at Borderlands 3 many performance issues at launch, which I'm sure will be fixed later. I'm not saying a day one patch for Link's Awakening will make everything perfect, but it certainly might be a noticeable improvement.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol