1. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 Banned
    Banned

United Kingdom
    Please. Smh. It has Frame drops, but it's certainly not even CLOSE to as poor as exaggerating idiots here try and make it out to be. Its noticeable sometimes, but certainly not impossible or immersion-breaking. Idiots here like to find things to complain about then exaggerate.

Stop complaining.

uvwl, ipkryss and Xzi like this.
  2. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yeah but only when entering new areas, and it's brief stuttering.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Question for anybody who has played the game and got this far:

In the Face Shrine, what the hell do you do with the horse heads?? I'm stuck in a room and can't proceed until this puzzle is solved. In the original game, you just tossed the heads around until they landed face up. In the remake, there are spots in the floor where it looks like they fit, but it doesn't work. No matter where I throw them, the heads just bounce around and land on the floor face down.

3. beard00

beard00 Member
    Newcomer

I think it is actually immersion-breaking in a game that looks like this - on BOTW it was kind of acceptable since that game looks stunning. This game would be way better experience if it kept steady 60fps frame rate. It stutters when entering new areas and also when there is lots of grass or other objects and even in the sidescroller scenes in dungeons which is very odd since those scenes are really light on graphical details.

4. Dazzcooney

Dazzcooney Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Couldn’t agree more I’m loving it

uvwl and Josshy0125 like this.
  5. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    Lol, people who download the game, for free, and three days before its official release date, complaining about frame rate issues. That's rich. There's been a day one patch for every single AAA game I've bought on Switch so far, and I doubt this is gonna be any different.

8BitWonder and Josshy0125 like this.
  6. burial

burial GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Has anyone else got to the Armos Knight at Ancient Ruins?

I cant beat him, hell I cant even hurt him.....Ive tried every weapon I have and none of them do any damage at all.

7. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 Banned
    Banned

United Kingdom
    At 41 seashells. Got the sword. They renamed it to the Koholint Sword. Neat.

Gotta use dat bow.

I don't think you have a good understanding on how certain games can be taxing, while others can't. Just because it "looks simpler" doesn't automatically mean it should run at a perfect FPS. There's a lot more at play. Also, it's not immersion-breaking at all. It's a small complaint, and people are just complaining to complain. Next they'll complain about the fact that they can't break signs, or that the library has only x amount of books, and should have one more, and that they "ruin the game". This is ridiculous and silly to complain like this.

mitcha, MicmasH_W and burial like this.
  8. burial

burial GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [QUOTE="Josshy0125]
    Gotta use dat bow.
    [/QUOTE]

Yep, but the majority of arrows just bounced off him....finally kicked his arse though!

9. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 Banned
    Banned

United Kingdom
    Yep, but the majority of arrows just bounced off him....finally kicked his arse though![/QUOTE]
    Glad you got it! Yes, you have to hit him at like, the right moment, or at the right angle or something. It was weird haha

10. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The frame rate is awful at times!

beard00 likes this.
  11. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 19, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Sep 19, 2019 Show
  12. beard00

beard00 Member
    Newcomer

It’s been on sale at some retailers already. Besides, awful framerate is awful framerate, regardless on how people have got the game.

13. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 19, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Sep 19, 2019 Show
  14. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Going from 60 to 30 in less than a second is a worrisome thing for a game like this made by Nintendo on the Switch... Something is really wrong.

15. Xzi

United States
    Which retailers are breaking street date? I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't be too happy about that. And besides, my point is that the day one patch will likely provide more optimization/performance fixes.

16. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Don't overestimate the switch, it isn't that hard to overload it with fancy shaders and effects that higher-poly games minimize or avoid altogether on this system, like the heavy DoF and everything being super shiny bump maps. Yes they should've worked more around those limitations, but its not hard for a simple-looking game to bog down either. Octopath runs at freaking 30 and sub-native resolution for instance.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Sep 19, 2019
  17. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Sep 19, 2019, Reason: No need for that.
    Sep 19, 2019 Show
  18. beard00

beard00 Member
    Newcomer

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...kening_are_already_sneaking_out_into_the_wild

Also, there is no guarantee of a day one patch. It's also weird if they didn't manage to fix the terrible frame rate issues during development, but manage to do so with a patch on release date..

PitPitPit likes this.
  19. Xzi

United States
    So it's more an issue of thievery than any particular retailer breaking street date on a large scale.

It happens all the time across every platform. Just look at Borderlands 3 many performance issues at launch, which I'm sure will be fixed later. I'm not saying a day one patch for Link's Awakening will make everything perfect, but it certainly might be a noticeable improvement.

Last edited by Xzi, Sep 19, 2019
  20. beard00

beard00 Member
    Newcomer

Actually if you read the article, it's been available in several retailers early, including Walmart.

21. Xzi

United States
    Yeah but that's not an across the board thing, just a few specific employees at a few specific Wal-Marts fucking up.

22. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    No update out yet?

23. Xzi

United States
    The release date is Friday the 20th. That'll be when the day one patch hits if there is one (and there almost always is for AAA releases).

Hephaestus and pLaYeR^^ like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Awakening, Legend, Zelda