Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
just curious does anyone know if the Japanese version retained the mermaid's bikini top in the remake? or did they get the necklace censorship that US/EU versions have always had?

namek247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone tell me if it works on 8.0.1 cfw?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can someone tell me if it works on cfw 8.0.1?

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I spent some time playing Link's Awakening and as others have stated, Nintendo needs to address the frame rate problem and get rid of that stupid, annoying blur effect. I can tolerate the frame drops but that blurring has got to go! Gonna skip playing it for now.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen the fps dip a bit, but nothing too serious. however, I kinda agree with the blurring effect when things are far away. I don't like it very much.

psbernitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually the intention of the blur effect is to enhance the atmosphere but for me it just feels like a glitch or something is broken. If I can't really see whats happening everywhere on the screen it makes no sense to me and annoys me. This blur effect was the dumbest effect I have seen in my life

stoffer666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
yeah but only when entering new areas, and it's brief stuttering.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Question for anybody who has played the game and got this far:

In the Face Shrine, what the hell do you do with the horse heads?? I'm stuck in a room and can't proceed until this puzzle is solved. In the original game, you just tossed the heads around until they landed face up. In the remake, there are spots in the floor where it looks like they fit, but it doesn't work. No matter where I throw them, the heads just bounce around and land on the floor face down.
It is like chess :-) you need to stand 4 blocks and 1 up from where you want to have it.

Reactions: digipimp75

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather them eliminate the tilt-shift thing and zoom the view in. That way you still have the same usable viewing space, you can see what you are doing in handheld, and performance should improve. The dungeons and much of the dark forest does this and it looks great.

They didn't really go all-in on the "everything is a toy" effect. Almost everything in the game has organic stretchy animations rather than mechanical joints for example. It feels like pixar cartoons not action figures. (And ironically pixar knows how to animate "toys" too!) So I just see the tilt shift effect as a pointless halfway measure that they should've dropped.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
just curious does anyone know if the Japanese version retained the mermaid's bikini top in the remake? or did they get the necklace censorship that US/EU versions have always had?
Japanese version has necklace as well.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
people must be exaggerating about the issues this game has or it HATES atmos because i have had zero problems with it so far in tv mode. links walk speed is fine i've finished the 1st 3 dungeons and i don't notice any slowdowns whatsoever.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people must be exaggerating about the issues this game has or it HATES atmos because i have had zero problems with it so far in tv mode. links walk speed is fine i've finished the 1st 3 dungeons and i don't notice any slowdowns whatsoever.

Not everyone play it in dock mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo