1. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    they said it happens in dock mode too

2. Bladexdsl

Australia
    i can't believe some people are complaining about links walk speed. what the fuck is wrong with them it is fine! what did they expect him to be running fast like in botw? :P

fucking loving this game. it was always one of my fav zeldas to play and they made it even better. not just the graphics it's the other little secrets they added like the
    seashell detector.
    it's also not as easy to get the power sword you have to work harder to get it now. i'm having so much fun with the dungeon editor pity you can't share the levels though. i'm also glad they kept the
    color dungeon.

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Sep 25, 2019
  3. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Absolutely one of my favorite childhood games and I haven't even booted it up despite grabbing it when it leaked. I installed it but I can't be bothered with these performance issues. That and I've got enough games to play but I'll play it before the year is over, patch or not.

4. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    You can if you either have a phone/other nfc device to read/write amiibo saves, or do similar with fake amiibos using emuiibo. IDK if anyone's tried the latter, but the former is being done, check a thread in the mods/saves forum.

e: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tloz-links-awakening-amiibo-savefile.548578/

Last edited by hippy dave, Sep 25, 2019
  5. Bladexdsl

Australia
    so that's what the amiibo option is for

6. Bladexdsl

Australia
    hope they do this to the oracle games next

7. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Playing this on the Switch made me realise how ambitious the original Gameboy version was in trying to cram an epic Zelda adventure on 8bit handheld. As much as I want an Oracle remake, I hope they use the engine for an original 2D Zelda game.

8. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Links_Awakening_Update_v1.0.1_NSW-VENOM

Anyone know if the fps is fixed?

9. gbablackrain

gbablackrain Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I kinda have the same question. Is this the newest one? How is the fps/performance issues so far?

Last edited by gbablackrain, Oct 25, 2019
  10. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Yeah 1.0.1 is latest patch, AFAIK it only fixed issue with Marin going to Toronbo Shores.

11. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Funnily, I haven't noticed frame drops. Of course, I am not that demanding, and play handheld exclusively.
    The game is great, I love it and I consider it a nice Link to the Past in 3D.

12. isoboy

United States
    I updated to the latest 2.9.2 SXOS today but I'm still on 8.0.1 ....when I install this update, it greys out my game icon and shows just a loading icon, tells me the file is corrupt and I'm forced to delete it and reinstall it. I'm back on 1.0.0. I shouldn't have to update to 9.0.1 for this one? It installed fine on my sister's switch on latest SX and firmware...

13. pr0dukt

pr0dukt Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This game needs networkable dungeon layout sharing, like SMM2. About the only thing its missing.
    Amazing game otherwise. Been killin' it at an alarming rate, since I picked it up this weekend.

and people complaining about his walk speed, need to take a look at the world pacing, if he went insanely fast, everything else would look off, and it would unsync the whole pace of the game. His speed was intentional, and honestly makes the game more challenging in some senses. though if you want a broken experience, I'm sure memory editing to increase his speed is not a farcry. There are already plenty of other viable codes out for this game on tinfoil. Though personally, I think cheating takes the fun entirely out of games like TLoZ.. to each their own i guess.

14. especime

especime Newbie
    Newcomer

I'm using the XCI and tried to update the game using the SXOS built-in installer, but the update file icon was white and it kept giving me error reading the NCA (tried a bunch of different NSP update files). The solution I found was using the SXOS installer v3.0.

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3003 através do Tapatalk

15. isoboy

United States
    Strange, since I also did that as well. I only use that now. I DID do something I've not done before which could be causing it but I doubt it. I couldn't be bothered taking the SD card out and hooked up to FTP I just deleted the sx folder (was 2.0.0) and copied in 3.0.0. Maybe I should just try updating my firmware....¨

Updated to latest firmware and installed the patch with no problems.

Last edited by isoboy, Oct 27, 2019
  16. MariaLana

MariaLana Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Awakening, Legend, Zelda