The Last of Us Part II 60fps performance patch releases today

ezgif-3-bc27302e2d7d.jpg

One of the biggest games as last year, as well as the last major Sony exclusive to release only on previous-generation consoles, has received a performance patch today to enable 60fps performance. In a blog on Playstation.com, Naughty Dog's Arne Meyer announced that The Last of Us Part II's 1.08 patch would let players toggle between 30fps and 60fps options when playing the backwards-compatible Playstation 4 version on a Playstation 5.

:arrow: Source

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The first one was a well made fun game, i couldnt stop playing until i finished the game. Second one is a pile of hot garbage, such a shame because it had the most greatest potential to become one of the best game franchises if done correctly. They destroyed a great game legacy into a deserted Sahara mess.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, game really needed 60 fps as it felt "heavy". Story is stil awful, but its a great game anyway. Im also confused about people claiming people hated it because its "woke", the game isn't "woke" at all, it just has an awful story. I feel like some people are trying to deflect criticism by using buzz words.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Suppose people hate this game Because Joel got killed?. I personally enjoyed it to be fair :rofl2:
That's part of it, but I cant really get into what's wrong with the story without spoiling it. The ending was by far the worst I've ever seen for example.

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat the game in the winter, no way I'm revisiting any time soon

I enjoyed it personally but I didn't love or hate it overall. More neutral than anything, with an admiration for the game design.

And sorta eh about all the inserted edginess

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When there be a patch that fixes crappy writing and adds at least some gameplay to this lame movie?
You will like out of character Joel and his brutal death and won't question why he trusts somebody he just met and doesn't bring the gun he had when he saved Abby despite going to her hideout shortly after nor will you question why he and Tommy just stand there when Abby's entire group shows signs of aggression. Failure to comply means that you're a hipster who doesn't appreciate the top notch cinematic writing that totally isn't like an edgy teen's bad fanfic.

DerpDingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact is, the majority of people saying it has no gameplay and that the story sucks have never played it.
Sure there are some, who like me who read all the reviews and saw it to be a dumpster fire of a game and stayed far away from it. There are just as many who did waste their money and was severely disappointed.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact is, the majority of people saying it has no gameplay and that the story sucks have never played it.
I bought it and played it 100%. I loved TLOU1. This game though.... I tried to give it a chance and was disappointed with the story as a whole. It just felt like they were trying to force you to like and feel sorry for Abby. The random s*x scene out of nowhere also seemed very forced. Just out of nowhere. I basically disliked 80% of the game sadly

Sure there are some, who like me who read all the reviews and saw it to be a dumpster fire of a game and stayed far away from it. There are just as many who did waste their money and was severely disappointed.
I wish I would have listened to the leaks tbh That and the literal cutscene leaks should have stopped me, but I figured that Id give naughty dog the benefit of the doubt

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

If that was the case everyone would have said that the first one sucked too. The game is a mess and a time waster, falling very high from the first one. TLOU1 is an amazing game that i still to to this day consider it as one good classic. Cannot say the same about the second one. Lots of people who played the game regretted playing it. Too bad Naughty Dog got money of this trainwreck.

Last edited by DoubleDate,
Reactions: Lumince

leapingliger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that was the case everyone would have said that the first one sucked too. The game is a mess and a time waster, falling very high from the first one. TLO1 is an amazing game that i still to to this day consider it as one good classic. Cannot say the sams about the second one. Lost of people who played the game regretted playing it. Too bad Naughty Dog got money of this trainwreck.

I respect your opinion but the overwhelming majority of people disagree with you. In my opinion almost everything about part 2 improves over part 1 in terms of story, gameplay, visuals, etc. I definitely would have liked more of Joel and Ellie but the developers did well with the direction they went in. The only thing I really don't like about it is the pacing of the events. Too many times it just transitions from an extremely high stakes event to a long low stake event. I know many would still have your opinion but I bet if the plot details hadn't leaked people would have had a much more open mind going into the game. All you're saying is "the game is bad because it is".

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I bought it and played it 100%. I loved TLOU1. This game though.... I tried to give it a chance and was disappointed with the story as a whole. It just felt like they were trying to force you to like and feel sorry for Abby. The random s*x scene out of nowhere also seemed very forced. Just out of nowhere. I basically disliked 80% of the game sadly

I wish I would have listened to the leaks tbh That and the literal cutscene leaks should have stopped me, but I figured that Id give naughty dog the benefit of the doubt

If that was the case everyone would have said that the first one sucked too. The game is a mess and a time waster, falling very high from the first one. TLOU1 is an amazing game that i still to to this day consider it as one good classic. Cannot say the same about the second one. Lots of people who played the game regretted playing it. Too bad Naughty Dog got money of this trainwreck.

It's perfectly okay to not like the game, but calling it things like a dumpster fire and trainwreck of a game is WAY overblown. People disliking the game are the minority. So there's that.

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's perfectly okay to not like the game, but calling it things like a dumpster fire and trainwreck of a game is WAY overblown. People disliking the game are the minority. So there's that.

It is what it is. I understand that you may like the game, but i stand still with my words that it is a trainweck. It could have been a great game, instead we got something that doesnt in any way further the way like it was from the first game. From all the story points that they couldve chosen they went for something that fall away from what made the first one great.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh no dont turn me into a girl hahah

You joke but this game turned me into a lesbian. I mean, I'm male but I am only and very attracted to women, I went full lesbian.

Also, I have a friend that used to be a 14 year old girl and the moment that he passed the scene where Ellie had gay sex became a 48 year old man.

Why do they have to put non roadside strip club approved sexuality in a game? WHY????? All I want to do when I get home is to play videogames and being brain dead, I don't want to turn the frogs gay.

I respect your opinion but the overwhelming majority of people disagree with you. In my opinion almost everything about part 2 improves over part 1 in terms of story, gameplay, visuals, etc. I definitely would have liked more of Joel and Ellie but the developers did well with the direction they went in. The only thing I really don't like about it is the pacing of the events. Too many times it just transitions from an extremely high stakes event to a long low stake event. I know many would still have your opinion but I bet if the plot details hadn't leaked people would have had a much more open mind going into the game. All you're saying is "the game is bad because it is".

Joking aside, I would say the game is somewhere in between. The plot is ok-ish except for some points that really bother me:

- the length Ellie goes to avenge Joel, risking not only her but everything and everyone. She is clearly in love with Dina, and is just comes to me as uncanny and unrealistic how she'd risk her life just to get back at Abby, more even so losing her new family to do it again. And the worst part these risks aren't made spontaneously, but planned and carried out over time, through giant journeys;

- the pacing: TLOU 1 is about a giant trip cross-country and you feel it takes a while. Travelling distances in TLOU 2 are taken terribly lightly. Willingly going between States by horse or on foot amid a zombie plague, really? And this takes only a between scenes moment.... This while events inside the city take forever and without much story progress. People complain it is a long game, but I don't have a problem with that, I have a problem being long at a very slow pace when it shouldn't and jumping States like it was nothing. It would help a bit if Ellie's and Abby's stories were told chronologically, but no, after feeling dragged all over Ellie's story you're back to day 1...

These were things nailed in TLOU 1 that gotten much worse in TLOU 2.

As for the rest. I have no problem with
Joel dying.
It only improves on the value of the character. It's like people having a problem with Obi Wan dying. The relationship between Ellie and Dina is probably the most well portrayed same sex female relationship I've seen in media. Ellie's sexuality was stated in TLOU 1 still, in Left Behind, it is only natural she is still gay on TLOU 2. She wasn't turned gay, simply not turned straight. And I felt Abby is a far more realistic character in this game than Ellie. She wasn't supposed to be a hero, nor a villain. The game is trying to show that nobody is perfect or awful and everyone follows their own motivations and beliefs, specially when society broke down. TLOU did the exact same, and had what I think a brilliant ending, that half of the people complained back then and people don't seem to remember now. And ofc she is buff, she is para-military, it would be unrealistic to have a soldier, particular an elite-like soldier untrained.

Last edited by pustal,
Reactions: NMRA1999 and swosho

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ghost of Tsushima PS5 performance boost?
Persona 5 Royal?

Both of those are actual GotY-worthy games, since they not only have fun gameplay and visual beauty, but also stories and characters that are actually enjoyable and likeable.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
This game is the only game I have played twice consecutively
i.e. when I finished the first playthrough, I started a second one right then.
That's how much I like this game.

On topic, the 60fps option doesn't do much for me. I couldn't care less, I'm fine with good old 30 fps as long as the game itself is good. But that's just me :) I understand why it's important to others

Reactions: shaunj66

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill